Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say Espeon. Don't get me wrong, I love both of them in terms of aesthetics and design to the point where I only like Glaceon above the two, but Espeon has the stats. If only Umbreon had decent attack or access to a boosting move.

Umbreon. Those red eyes make it very distinctive and it is less of a troll than Espeon's play style seems to be.

Well hey, Umbreon hands down. It glows in the dark, it's fairly powerful in the anime...and even is a Dark-type, which automatically makes it cooler.

Nooooo I missed Heracross vs. Pinsir! Oh well. Celever and co., I think Heracross vs. Scizor would have been a more fair competition :p

Anyways, my vote has to go to Espeon. I love both of them, but Espeon just has some things going for it that Umbreon doesn't. For one, it's a Psychic type, one of my favorite types in the game. And two, it has a great competitive presence; even without Magic Bounce, its stats are awesome and I used one in W2 where it was the star of my team.

However, both of these Pokemon get lots of points in the design department. My favorite eeveelutions!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Man, Umbreon vs. Espeon is a hard choice...

However, I'll have to with Umbreon, despite being inferior competitively, it has always been one of my favorite Pokemon.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Umbreon

Umbreon looks mysterious and badass; fearsome, but cute. It's got the eevee-esqu properties of adorableness, added with those striking red eyes and mysteriously cool golden rings (fun fact: Black and Gold is one of my favorite color patterns). Add in an amazing shiny form, and Umbreon is, imo, much more badass. I still like Espeon though.

Espeon

Actually a close one but Espeon just has more of a presence, it has a clean, sleek design and has a dignified aura especially in the Gen 2 sprites and the fact that it has 130 Sp. Atk made it quite intimidating as well when you battle Red.

Umbreon's close but I've only come to appreciate its design just more recently than Espeon (mostly because of HGSS's second sprite where it's hissing at your pokemon with its tail up).

Espeon

I don't like black and I find psychic power fascinated, plus I like the magic bounce ability a lot :p.

Edit : BTW, what is the result of the vote Whimsicott vs Jumpluff ?

Easily Umbreon. Espeon is a really cool pokemon with lots of playstyles, but Umbreon has just got something... I mean it's such a beautiful kitty :3 shiny or not. It deserves a signature move, just because :D
Yes, you mr.Know-it-all, I know it's a fox.

Umbreon. When I first heard that your Eevee will involve into a Dark-type if you leveled it up at maximum happiness at night, I was so excited. And titanic defenses are a fun alternative to the usually offensive Eevolutions (Vaporeon respectfully excluded).

Umbreon. He's actually just about my favorite dark type, and possibly my favorite eeveelution. I just love the way he looks, while Espeon seems a bit too 'oh look how graceful I am'.

Taken directly from Espeon's own analysis, "Espeon has long been relegated to the role of cutest (Badass) Pokemon in the game, only being used in ultimate cutemon teams." Only manly trainers use cutie-patooties such as Espeon.

Edit: Seems like Umbreon is gonna win this ;-; </3

Tauros. Mainly for nostalgia reasons. I still remember struggling to catch it in the Safari Zone lol. I dig the design, and Anger Point is a cool ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)