Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this round has gone on long enough.

You're all monsters ;_;

Unfair round imo, I did warn celever that it was a bad idea but oh well. I think Ursaring would be better off paired with Beartic, and Granbull with Purugly.

Round XVII: Solrock vs Lunatone

vs

tough. very tough. i definitely prefer the warmer (no pun intended) colours of solrock, but the moon is just so purdy...

and then solrock is just smoking rare candies and is like

Solrock said:
"duude..."
/inhaaale
"look at that rainbow tree right there, maaan. and that beautiful, blue nidoqueen out there... imma go touch those beautiful boobs, man"

Solrock said:
"I THOUGHT YOU WERE FEMALE"

but at the same time...

Lunatone said:
"LOL D00D IF UR BASED ON THE SUN Y U NO FIRE TYPE?"

Zubat said:
"goddammit lunelune, you can't just ask people why they're not fire type!"

i guess i'll have to go with lunatone, though - simply because of the more eye-pleasing design. it really is a tough choice.

Solrock looks slightly better than Lunatone imo, but I personally hate the Sun. Both are alright Pokemon, but I'll go with Lunatone on this one. Simpler design, and lack of hatred for the moon is my reason. That and I used one in my first Sapphire playthrough. It was alright.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yikers. I sorta like both, and I really love the sun and stuff. Although, in my mind, Ninetales is the Pokemon most closely associated with sun. ("Solrock y u no fire type indeed) So I'll have to go with Lunatone since I also love nighttime. Plus, look at that beautiful nose. Or is that a beak? >_> either way it's absolutely amazing.

Lunatone typing and ability makes more sense with it's design. The sun is not a rock at all? It is nothing bus gas.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Why is solrock getting hated on? While it should be a fire type, it's design is very much rock. I thought that sigilyph was rock type for ages!

My vote is going for Solrock, because in XD WHY WILL YOU NOT GET IN THE FRICKIN' BALL LUNATONE STOP USING SHADOW SKY AND COMBO'ING ME TO DEATH WITH CASTFORM I HATE YOU!!! >:[

RODAN

Banned deucer.
lunatone is much cooler. i used lunatone in bw2 so thats probably the main reason i like it but it is also a way better design solrock has too many random fucking blotches and its eyes look like shit

Solrock because it looks awesome imo and because Lunatone has that stupid nose/beak thing. I would otherwise prefer a design based on the moon, especially a crescent moon, but that beak-thing kills it.

Well, two of the worst pokemon ever created, but I pick Solrock because it just looks cooler and you should see its happy face.
Also, Sun is awesome because it lets us see. Even if I have terrible eyesight and squint every time I go outside.

Solrock

Lunatone is basically one of the laziest designs in Pokemon history: just a moon shape with eyes and some weird beak.
Solrock, on the other hand, actually had some effort put into it. Just like Lunatone, they could have very easily made a simple celestial shape and call it a day. However, if you look closely, each yellow "ray" sticking out of Solrock has a slightly unique shape and size, so there is some attention to detail. It's also kind of neat how it has a tired look in its eyes - the same look people have in the morning when the sun comes up and they get out of bed.

Solrock because it looks awesome imo and because Lunatone has that stupid nose/beak thing. I would otherwise prefer a design based on the moon, especially a crescent moon, but that beak-thing kills it.
Solrock definitely.

Lunatone reminds me of a squid and I hate that.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Lunatone is about 10x better than Solrock.

...then again, my first game was Sapphire where Lunatone was the exclusive I grew up with. Also, in game I find Lunatone to be much more useful than Solrock.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ugh, tough one, since I like both. However, I found Lunatone to be more useful ingame, so I'll cast my vote for it.

Even though both are not that good and easy to look at, I'll go with Solrock as despite me being a Night Person being in the sunlight feels better. And both were HELL to face in Emerald as Solrock's sunlight boosted Solarbeam. OHKO'd Swampert and weakened our Surfs.

Wasn't particularly gravitating towards either one, but then I realized that...

Solrock...

looks stoned

duuude

Although I like Lunatone's simplicity and elegant design compared to Solrock, I'll have to vote Solrock, even though it's a close decision. The first time I saw it on Ruby in Meteor Falls was really surprising and I thought its design was more intriguing (Had the 'this looks like a rare Pokemon I'll try to catch it!' feeling).

I like how each ray has a different shape and I like how it was more it could use Fire moves. Always really wanted to use one and it was a Psychic type that could make use of Physically-based Rock moves so I liked that aspect.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though it's kinda shitty (well they both are), Solrock is one of favourite pokémon. I had Sapphire as a kid so I had a Lunatone, which at the time I thought was pretty badass, but then when I saw Tate's (or Liza's?) Solrock for the first time, it was love at first sight. The thing looked cool as fuck, monstered me with Sunny Day + Solarbeam combos, and was a beast to take down. To make it worse, my turd of a little brother would never trade me one from his Ruby, so I had to steal it and do it myself. Ever since, I make sure I have one of those badass sun rock things in my party in most playthroughs. Sure they kinda suck but I reckon they're fun to use. Yay for Solrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)