Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have to go with Hippowdon. Not sure why everyone is using Tyranitar vs. Hippo as justification in a competition that is specifically Hippo vs Aboma, but whatever.

Abomasnow is cool, don't get me wrong. But as far as abominable snowmen go, it's pretty standard and a predictable design. I dig its typing, though.

Hippowdon is interesting. I like its design, and they went in a completely different direction with its typing since a hippo is expected to live in water. Not much competition here, I'd say.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
(6:48:34 PM) Kadew: the problem with that title is that neither of those are even close to sharks

Either way, I say Carvanha. They're both very similar in my opinion, but Carvanha just is a little bit cooler to me. Plus, I like its secondary Dark typing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Carvahna

Carvahan looks like it's going to fuck you up. Basculin just looks pissed. Plus, Dark/Water is such an awesome typing.

Carvanha

I love how its colour scheme keeps it different from the other fish pokemon, and those colours with that look scream badass.

Love it's design, those markings and that expression. One of my favourite fish pokemon.

I dunno why, but I just like Hippowodon better. Seriously, I just have no good reason. I think I maybe used it before I used Abomasnow and so I just bonded with it more? Also, I guess I kinda think Abomasnow looks a little derpy.

Yeah weak reasons you know, but not every preference is going to be a well reasoned one!

that's what I get for not paying enough goddamn attention.

Basculin because it's better than Carvanha. It comes in two types, looks more badass, and fights better too! Shapedo doesn't factor into it, because it's not what's being discussed.

I'm going for Carvanha? Because although neither really resemble sharks,Carvanha was a total bro in Emerald and Basculin doesn't even come close.

carvahna. definitely. it not only evolves into a badass, but it looks like a badass, and it's used by team aqua, and it's so good it's banned from little cup. fuck. yes.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Carvanha is a lovely combination of badass and cute traits. The rough skin, fangs, and angry eyes make it clear this is not a fish to mess with, but his round body and underbite make me laugh. Add in the Speed Boost ability and secondary Dark type, and it's no contest. I mean, Basculin is just a racist fish. Its only redeeming quality is the color scheme.

Carvanha

I like its colour scheme and it looks badass and strong. I like to mess around with Basculin in PU but I prefer Carvanha's design.

I vote Carvanha, and here are some reasons why:

1. Not only does it evolve (unlike Basculin), it evolves into a badass shark (second only to Garchomp).
2. Speed Boost. Nuff said.
3. Fond memories of using it in my 2nd playthrough of Sapphire. It kicked ass.
4. It kicks ass.
5. See 4.
6. One of my favorite Dark types.
7. Helped me win a tight spot in Battle Tower.

And the list goes on. Basculin would have gotten my vote if Carvanha did not exist.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Carvanha. IMO the name is much cooler, and is more frightening than Basculin could ever dream of.

Okeydoke, let's get next round up and going. But first, the scores of the last two rounds (Lazy Rodan is lazy).

And now onto the next round...

Round XXI: Tropius vs Exeggutor

vs

Gogogo!

I'm gonna go total Kantofag on this one and vote for Exeggutor. Dude is a fucking palm tree.
Tropius is just an ugly Meganium who earned HM-slave status, courtesy of Hoenn.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Both Pokemon are pretty cool (really, the challenge is finding a Grass-type who isn't), but I'm going to have to go with Exeggutor. It's a bigger competitive threat, and I love the idea of relaxing in Exeggutor's leaves on a summer day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)