Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ohoho Jumpluff vs. Whimsicott, eh? There was a period before the advent of Gen V that Whimsicott was dubbed Jumpluff v2.0, and that explains many things. Needless to say, Whimsicott takes my vote.

breh

強いだね
Damn, such a hard decision...I hate them both so much...
Whimsicott because I had good fun with the one in Black2. Jumpluff is annoying and can go screw itself; at least it's easy to win against noobs with Whimsicott - there's no sleep powder to eat every other turn.

I have a soft spot for Jumpluff ever since it was introduced. I love its colour scheme and how it the fastest Grass type in the Sun. Whimsicott on the other hand, wasn't something I was that fond of at the start (is it a sheep/goat or a fairy? I didn't like how the backsprite looked as well). While I can start to appreciate the design more I like how Jumpluff just exemplifies a carefree nature, its blue and white body floating amongst clouds in a blue sky. One of the pokes that really defined my love for Johto designs and region, really always wanted to use one.

Jumpluff

Jumpluff.

1.) It's a Johto mon.
2.) It's not nearly as trollish as Whimsicott.
3.) It looks better.

Whimsicott, since I used one in Black version. Jumpluff, on the other hand, sucks in-game. Hoppip is huggable beyond belief, but... it sucks.

This is a tough one. One the one hand I want to vote for Jumpluff because I'm a Gentwoer but I do really like Whimsicott, both design wise and for its utility. I think I have to go Jumpluff...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Jumpluff

Because I used it in White with Acrobatics, and it beasted everything. Plus Leech Seed/Sleep Powder its just generally really fun to use. I am yet to use Whimsicott, I don't like the design at all.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jumpluff reminds me of a cheerleader with its pom-pom things, and they're usually pretty hot

Take a look at my signature... have any idea which pokemon I prefer?

To be honest, both Pokemon aren't really nostalgic for me. Whimsicott can never be nostalgic since it's Gen 5, but I used it in game a lot and fell in love with it. I had a few Jumpluff cards, but I never used it in game. The annoyingness is the main theme of these two mons. If you've seen any of Shofu's videos, you'll know how annoying as heck Jumpluff is to handle. The same goes with Whimsicott, but I like Whimsicott better in battle. (It sweeped a team of 6 legendaries with Stun Spore/Leech Seed/Substitute/Hurricane. Admittedly, it was against an inferior opponent by a long shot). Honestly, though, the design is the main difference. Jumpluff honestly looks like an Oddish (my favourite Gen 1 grass type) with a few odd-lookin' balls around it. It's just such a horrible-looking Pokemon.

Whimsicott, on the other hand, has a nice balance of cute and cool. It's a frickin' spore ram! I mean, don't you just want to snuggle right up next to it... admittedly, the Gen 5 sprite doesn't do it justice, but that doesn't take anything away from the design.

Whimsicott

RODAN

Banned deucer.
hello this round is over so I shall post the next one now

Spiritomb v Sableye

ill count up results for the previous round in a bit

is that even a question

spiritomb is a swirly blob of what that is a pain in the arse to catch

sableye is a badass creature of the dark with gems for eyes and awesome claws and a cool looking physique
and it has a really good ability that fits with it perfectly
plus it was in sapphire/emerald

so

obviously Sableye

Spiritomb

I don't have any particular affinity for either pokemon, but seeing a friend of mine vs. Cynthia's Spiritomb ("It has not a single weakness!" - "Duuuuude") was one of the things that got me into pokemon.

Plus, I may have said it before but I FU@@ING HATE PRANKSTER. Grawr.

I'm not that young, I was around in the RBY era. It's just that I started playing pokemon recently for the lulz and really got into it. And Cynthia is... recent :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)