-Row Row Fight Da Powa!!"- ( Another OU Offensive Team)

-Row Row Fight Da Powa!!-

Yeah, Gurren Lagann Reference. *Note: Bolded letters are the changes.

Hi guys, this is my first rmt, so please bear with me. I started competitive battling for two years. ( Though it may not seem like it, but yeah.) I just moved to the new pokemon server and I found out that my team needs a lot of fixing. ( since I kept on winning in the old server, so I always thought that my team was formidable.)

Team Building Process​

Haxorus is one my favorite pokemon in Gen 5, so i just started with him.

I thought that magnezone would naturally help since it covers dragon weakness and I think that its arguably one of the best steel type pokemon in OU (Besides scizor)

Since tyranitar has the permanent sandstorm ability, he would be a great use for my team. ( my team would be extremely weak without him)

Stoutland would naturally be added to my team due to its sand rush ability. His main move, return, kicks butt.

For some reason I had the urge to add another dragon into my team so I just added Latios in. Draco Meteor rocks.

These are the changes so far :)

In the old server, this team wins 70% of the matches, but in the new server, 40%. I don't know what or why did my team lose so badly in the new server, so I need help for my team. Since this is my first time posting stuff on smogon, ( even though I created my account last year) I'm no really clear on how to really post a "showy" RMT, so again, please bear with me guys. Thanks for your help.

Alright! The moment all of you guys been waiting for, my team.

-In Depth-

Lazengann ƒ (Haxorus) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance

This is the starter of my team and this guy... hits like a truck. ( that's why I call it Lazengann from gurren laggan, since it kicks ass and looks like a boss) I put Dragon Dance and Swords Dance in my moveset because it depends on my opponent's lead. If my opponent's lead is slower than it, I'll just set up a swords dance and sweep. While Dragon Dance on the other hand, can be used if the lead is faster and it can be used in the middle of the match if haxorus isn't dead yet. I don't actually know any other leads that is more effective than haxorus and fitting for my team.

Juggernaut † (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Oh, this guy. Without tyranitar, my team would suck. ( I'm dead serious) Since my team needs a hazard and weather setter. Without a weather setter, my team would lose to any weather team very badly. I chose careful for tyranitar's nature since it boosts special defense. ( which I think is crucial) I chose crunch over pursuit since it does more damage and i'm not so good at mind games. Stealth Rock and Earthquake are self-explanatory, and for fire fang, I just need a good fire-type move.

Enkidu ® (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

The better gap-filler, as ganj4IF suggested. It's great when it comes to annoying the opposing team but it has problems with earthquake (BAAHHH.) water absorb is simply wonderful, will-o-wisp is inaccurate but i guess it's fine for now, and recover is simply amazing. Thanks ganj4IF!

Eon Ω (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- Psyshock

Latios is my main dragon besides Haxorus and since this guy is faster than Dragonite, I just chose him over Dragonite. His Draco Meteor just pokes holes or either wrecks anything on its way ( except steel types ). There's really not much to talk about him since his moveset is quite self-explanatory.

Wesker ß (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Pursuit
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang

This is my late-game sweeper and yes, I call it wesker since it kills during a sandstorm. Its main move is Return, pursuit is for ghost types and Latios. Even though wild charge isn't really effective, I just chose it since I have no other good options for my moveset. ( This applies to Ice Fang as well.) Ice Fang is the least used move in this moveset. Overall, I think that wesker is irreplaceable in my team, though it could be replaced if tyranitar is dropped from the team. But my team will lose really badly without those two.

King Kittan (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

(The Nickname doesn't matter)I replaced Magnezone for its predecessor, Magneton as Joeyboy and CSB suggested. So far it has dont a fairly good job for my team, especially when it comes facing rain teams. It's bulkier, faster and less chunkier? Oh well, nothing much to say about magneton for now.

Former Members of the team:

Ryuzaki ® (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

GURREN LAGAN (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Conclusion:
I really need to thank those who took time to read my RMT. This is my main team and I've been using it for months. Please comment below if you have anything to say or suggest on how to make this team much better.​

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team Dai-Gurren all day :)

So the first big threat that I see is Terrakion. Really all of his sets do huge amounts of damage to you, this is because neither of your Fighting-type resists, Gyarados and Latios, can handle Terrakion's Stone Edges. Now you mention this in you RMT, and state that its because of Terrakion that you're running Sturdy Magnezone. Seriously don't run Sturdy Magnezone; the only reason to run Magnezone is to trap and kill opposing Steel-types, plus your team would benefit greatly from that has the majority of your pokemon are walled outright but Steel-types like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Your team also has a lot of problems handling the omnipresent Genesect, but with Magnet Pull you don't have to worry as much because if it locks itself into the wrong move, it will be trapped and killed. Because of all these reasons, and because they're are better ways for dealing with Terrakion than Sturdy Magnezone, I recommend(insist really :) you run Magnet Pull on Magneton!. I also recommend you run a Choice Scarf variant, something like:

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I recommend this change because of how offensive your team is, plus it helps you against two other threats SD Lucario and SD Toxicroak. Both of these pokemon can set up on 'mons like Latios and Gyarados(respectively) and proceed to sweep you. Choice Scarf Magneton makes an excellent check to them both. It also helps you against another major metagame threat, Tornadus-T who at the moment can pretty much spam Hurricane and beat you. Magneton serves as a decent check who can take a Hurricane and threaten with Volt Switch/Thunder.

I also suggest running Fire Fang over Wild Charge on Stoutland, this again helps you against Genesect, who, as I'm sure you're aware, is everywhere. Also you can change its EV spread to 40 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe, because even with 252 Spe you don't outrun +1 108s, and with 212 you still outrun +1 101s. Plus it gives you a little extra bulk.

Next I recommend replacing Fire Fang with Fire Blast on Tyranitar. Even with your Atk EV investment Fire Blast will generally be doing more damage, due to its much higher base power, and the fact that most pokemon you'd want to use a Fire-type attack on have lower SDef.

Finally Lum Berry over Focus Sash. While Focus Sash can be a good item on a 'lead' pokemon, you really shouldn't always be leading with Haxorus. Especially with Magnezone clearing the field of Steels, a late-game Double Dancer Haxorus is hugely threatening. Focus Sash will often be broken if its not used early game, while Lum Berry carries it's benefits regardless of when its used.

Good Luck!

Edit: Lol yeah def meant to say Magneton xD dunno what I was thinking, even put up Magnezone's pic. Thanks for catching that CSC :)

Going to be a little daring and attempt to correct Joeyboy's Magnezone suggestion - if you're going to use Scarf Magnezone, use Scarf Magneton instead. It serves the same purpose as Scarf Magnezone, but it's faster, so you can now revenge Tornadus-T (who can deal a lot of damage to your team with a combination of Hurricane, U-turn and Superpower) outside of Sand.

Stoutland can revenge Torn-T during a Sandstorm, but to get the sandstorm up you need to send Tyranitar in, and then send Stoutland - and Tornadus T will either Superpower (which will KO Stoutland) or U-turn out after you send Tyranitar, so it will get to live (and thus Hurricane-spam you) another day.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
~ Volt Switch
~ Flash Cannon
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Thunderbolt

Magneton's main drawback over Scarf Magnezone is not being able to 3HKO Ferrothorn under the rain due to the SpA loss, but Tyranitar should be able to deal with him well enough thanks to Fire Blast.

Hope I helped, and good luck on the ladder!

Thx Joeyboy and CSB! Since I'll have to switch magnezone to magneton, how will I deal with Terakion? XD

Team Dai-Gurren all day :)

So the first big threat that I see is Terrakion. Really all of his sets do huge amounts of damage to you, this is because neither of your Fighting-type resists, Gyarados and Latios, can handle Terrakion's Stone Edges. Now you mention this in you RMT, and state that its because of Terrakion that you're running Sturdy Magnezone. Seriously don't run Sturdy Magnezone; the only reason to run Magnezone is to trap and kill opposing Steel-types, plus your team would benefit greatly from that has the majority of your pokemon are walled outright but Steel-types like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Your team also has a lot of problems handling the omnipresent Genesect, but with Magnet Pull you don't have to worry as much because if it locks itself into the wrong move, it will be trapped and killed. Because of all these reasons, and because they're are better ways for dealing with Terrakion than Sturdy Magnezone, I recommend(insist really :) you run Magnet Pull on Magneton!. I also recommend you run a Choice Scarf variant, something like:

I recommend this change because of how offensive your team is, plus it helps you against two other threats SD Lucario and SD Toxicroak. Both of these pokemon can set up on 'mons like Latios and Gyarados(respectively) and proceed to sweep you. Choice Scarf Magneton makes an excellent check to them both. It also helps you against another major metagame threat, Tornadus-T who at the moment can pretty much spam Hurricane and beat you. Magneton serves as a decent check who can take a Hurricane and threaten with Volt Switch/Thunder.

I also suggest running Fire Fang over Wild Charge on Stoutland, this again helps you against Genesect, who, as I'm sure you're aware, is everywhere. Also you can change its EV spread to 40 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe, because even with 252 Spe you don't outrun +1 108s, and with 212 you still outrun +1 101s. Plus it gives you a little extra bulk.

Next I recommend replacing Fire Fang with Fire Blast on Tyranitar. Even with your Atk EV investment Fire Blast will generally be doing more damage, due to its much higher base power, and the fact that most pokemon you'd want to use a Fire-type attack on have lower SDef.

Finally Lum Berry over Focus Sash. While Focus Sash can be a good item on a 'lead' pokemon, you really shouldn't always be leading with Haxorus. Especially with Magnezone clearing the field of Steels, a late-game Double Dancer Haxorus is hugely threatening. Focus Sash will often be broken if its not used early game, while Lum Berry carries it's benefits regardless of when its used.

Good Luck!

Edit: Lol yeah def meant to say Magneton xD dunno what I was thinking, even put up Magnezone's pic. Thanks for catching that CSC :)
well to be honest, Genesect is not really much of a problem for my team so far, and I also do realize that late-game lucario can be a huge threat to my team. With that being said, any other suggestions in order to improve my team?

Really you have a great weakness to Terrakion, I suggest that you change your Gyarados by a Amoonguss, having a high HP and resistance to Stab figthing he is a great check it, besides having access to one of the better blows Spore game.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power[Ice]

I hope I helped, good luck with the team.

Really you have a great weakness to Terrakion, I suggest that you change your Gyarados by a Amoonguss, having a high HP and resistance to Stab figthing he is a great check it, besides having access to one of the better blows Spore game.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power[Ice]

I hope I helped, good luck with the team.
Thx Miles tails! But if I drop gyarados from my team, I would have a huge weakness to Ice-types, especially Mamoswine.

I'll give you a rating over worked, besides the weakness Terrakion his team suffers a lot to face times of rain.

The Reason: BW2 brought things like Keldeo, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T to metagame all three have a great offensive ability, and with the help of the rain that turns out to gain more power, Hurricane with 100% accuracy, Thunder 100% accuraçy, Hydro Pump with its power increase by rain, your team can not enter at all into scams like these.

The Reason two: Terrakion is another big problem for his team combining his type makes it possesses two types Stab is a powerful figthing / Rock so that you can not in any way enter into a Close Combat / Stone Edge.

Solution: Teams of rain are increasingly common is actually have a very large force, Gyrados is not in any way a good answer to tackle this type of team, use Rotom-W in this slot, Rotom-W has a combination of types too good and also a great ability to make a good response against these teams and still a good check of Mamoswine which also causes him a lot of work.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Solution 2: Haxorus Pokemon is a great addition and I have no doubt, put his team in this way that he dropped just increase your number of weakness.Sugiro you switch it on Landorus-T, a combination of types guarantees resistance to figthing which along with its ability makes it a great check to Terrakion,.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Now I will talk about small changes, so I realize you want to use a Tyranitar offensive, I suggest you put it Choice Band, and change your division efforts to 156 HP, 252 Atk, 100 Spd, Crunch, Pursuit, Stone Edge, Superpower in his moveset.

As stated here is a rating a little more labored, I hope this time have helped in something, good luck with your team.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Many things are already being said. I second Joeyboy and CSC's suggestions on Scarf Magneton. However, that doesn't solve the Terrakion weakness at all; ok, you gained something that can revenge it, but you're still in the situation of being unable to switch something into it (especially LO / Band sets). Finding a way to do so is indeed tricky - using a Psychic type to cushion Close Combat is dangerous since it will open a big U-Turn weakness into your team, and a Flying type will add another Ice weakness, which is not good at all.

Now, I really feel that Gyarados is a weak link in your team: it completely hates every form of residual damage, and you're throwing Sand to it yourself, while also running no Rapid Spinner to further aggravate the problem. My suggestion is to get rid of Gyarados, and substitute it for a Jellicent. Jellicent can better deal with Terrakion compared to Gyarados, although it's still not a full counter; it's immune to CC, takes nothing from X-Scissor and is neutral to Stone Edge. Also, it has Recover as reliable recovery source, which is invaluable with Sandstorm damage. It even provides you with a safer way to absorb (literally) Water attacks without risking a random burn from Scald, or a Hydro Pump CH destroying your resistor, and can act as a Rapid Spinner Spinblocker if need be. Okay, you lose a set-up sweeper, but having Haxorus (you should really put a Lum Berry on it) means that you already cover that role.

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Bold Nature | 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

If you don't like Jellicent, other ideas to handle Terrakion can be some sort of Landorus-I or Landorus-T (both can hit hard with STAB Earthquake, the former being more offensively oriented with Sand Force / Sheer Force, while the latter being more supportish / defensive, with Intimidate that can prevent Stone Edge from 2HKOing), however that would require some serious reworking of the team since it would make you weak to Ice and to a lesser extent Water.

Hope it helped! Good luck for your team.

@Miles tails

Thx for giving me suggestions once again! So yur saying I need to switch my lead to Landorus-T? But isn't it slower than haxorus? Oh well, I guess I'll still have to give it a try :P

@ganj4IF

Yeah, I'll have to agree that Gyarados is a weak link in my team even tho in covers my weaknesses. I'll make changes as soon as I come back from bangkok! Thx a lot btw! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)