Gen 3 RSE team: See it, enjoy it, and comment it!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Spd / 106 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Not very rare to find it in the lead position when you see the rest of the team. It can receive CMs and Subs from Celebi, or BP to it or to another Pokemon, maybe passing a Sub. I can destroy a team with few CMs when Bliss is out. HP Grass is for phazing Swamperts. I haven't got a lot of problems against Mences and they will switch out anyway.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 152 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute

The base of the team. I can come against a lot of stuff and start CMing or 101 HP Subing. For example it can Cm against Blissey, Cleric Celebi, Zapdos, Jolteon, and some other defensive Pokemon. 301 Spe so it can outspeed Mence, Flygon, Zapdos etc. (And Hera obviusly). After a CM Psychic OHKOes Hera but also 2HKOes things like Gyara, Mence or Flygon.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 242 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Return
- Shadow Ball

It gives my team an important Special Support and it is also my only Physical attacker, but I have still got more plans for him. It can come into non-stabed Ice and Fire attacks and HP Bug without taking more than 101 damage, so I can do Sub with Celebi in a predicted switch and BP to Lax in one of those attacks. With a substitute up I can attack with a 350 Base Atk, trying to predict my opponent to choose the best move; or if my opponent doesn't have powerfull physical attackers I can Belly Drum in the swicth and start attacking with a 1400 Base Atk. Thanks to his great HP, defense EVs and Leftovers, even with the Belly Drum damage a non-CB attacking may not be enough for my opponent. Snorlax also came in Toxic (mainly to Milotic), and Milotic comes in Will-o-Wisp.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 6 Spd / 28 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

It can stop a lot of threads like Tyrano, Mence, Metagross, Nite and Flygon. I choose it over Cune mainly because of Recover (Jirachi still have a lot of work wishing the others) even though with Milo I lack a phazer (anyway without Spikes Roar will not be very usefull in Cune). Also Hypnosis is incredibly usefull. For example, with few CMs, I can sleep Bliss and hurt another Pokemon incredibly hard in the switch out. Also I can CM with Celebi against other CM Celebi, Bliss, Jirachi, non-roaring Suicune etc. and then BP to Milo and sleep the Pokemon with the Stat-upps. It have to switch, or it will fail to sucesive Surfs/Ice Beams combined with another Hypnosis if it wakes up. I have more or less the standard EVs in my Milotic, however, I also thougt in use 245 Spe to beat every Tyrano and most Jirachi and defensive Celebi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 Spd / 10 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Thunder
- Wish

I needed Wish a lot and therefore I included Jirachi. It also gives me an extra defensive support with its high defense, Reflect and extra resistance to Normal and Rock, and stops Snorlax better. It can also be the recipient of Celebi. Paralysis from Thunder can help Snorlax (and Maggy) although I may paralyze something that I want to put to sleep.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Spd / 56 SAtk / 178 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

I needed to stop Skarmory because it easily phazes Celebi and/or puts his Spikes, so I go with Maggy. Using BP with Celebi in a predicted switch and then find that Skarmory comes in is very funny. HP Ice can catch Mence on the switch, but his main objective is to hit grasses super-effectively. I found it more usefull than HP fire, as Forre is incredibly rare nowadays. Maggy can also be a good recipient of Celebi.

OK, you can post your opinions or give me new ideas if you want to. In Netbattle I have a good record with this team. (I think I have win abaut 60-65% of the matches).

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
It can come into non-stabed Ice and Fire attacks and HP Bug without taking more than 101 damage
I guess you either meant to use Thick Fat or were thinking you had it while writing this. While you probably still have a good chance on your subs not breaking from misc Hidden Power [Ice] or [Fire], be aware that strong Flamethrowers and Ice Beams still have a decent shot at breaking them if you use Immunity. Additionally the most common Hidden Power [Bug] user is Dugtrio who with Choice Band will always break your sub.

Hidden Power [Bug] user is Dugtrio who with Choice Band will always break your sub.
Well, you are right, I thougth those EVs were enough but I was wrong
Jolly-max attack-CB-HP Bug-Dugrio (259*1'5) => Between 88 and 104 damage
Adamant-max attack-CB-HP Bug Dugtrio (284*1'5) => Between 96 and 112
At least Jolly Dugtrio, the most common won't usually break the Sub (abaut 20-25% ) while adamant will break it abaut 70% of the time, and I can also BP to Zapdos if I want to.

I guess you either meant to use Thick Fat or were thinking you had it while writing this. While you probably still have a good chance on your subs not breaking from misc Hidden Power [Ice] or [Fire], be aware that strong Flamethrowers and Ice Beams still have a decent shot at breaking them if you use Immunity
Usually non-stabed ice and fire moves wont broke it. For example Vaporeon (with the highest SpA of the Bulky Waters) will do between 69 and 81 damage and a 383 HP Ice Zapdos does 76-89. The fact that the Pokemon with the highest SpA uses HP instead of IB helps a lot. However I am not saying that stab attacks wont break the sub, for example Blaziken or Regice will broke it. Another 256 SpA Fire Blast (from Mence) does between 87 and 102(abaut 11-12% chances).

Thanks for your post XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)