RU Analyses Discussion Thread

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We'd rather keep it around in case something changes and we decide it deserves a place. Maybe Hitmonlee, Gallade, Medicham, and Primeape will all move to UU someday, and then Sawk would probably deserve an analysis again. If that happened, we could just unhide it. There's really no reason to fully delete it.

Not sure if right place to post...

Munchlax
Eviolite
252 SpD
102 De
148 Atk

Brave nature

Curse
Return/Body Slam
Rest
Sleep Talk

This is like the other set, with curse in. The addition of Return allows it to play a more offensive role but body slam is also required. This set walls and knocks out Feraligatr easily. Rest is used as recovery and Sleep talk is used to select Curse OR Return/Body Slam. Munchlax can easily take hits from fire types and restore status with rest, too. This can be run in or out of Trick room- In trick room, each curse adds to it's speed too, so depending on how it's run it can play 2 Roles with the same set.

Under "Other Options" in Crawdaunt's analysis, this line is present:

"Crawdaunt's Special Attack stat is terrible, but it can use Ice Beam to surprise Tangrowth."

Crawdaunt has base 90 SpA. I don't really see how that's terrible. It doesn't really hurt the analysis but it's not a factual statement.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

"Crawdaunt's Special Attack stat is terrible, but it can use Ice Beam to surprise Tangrowth."

Crawdaunt has base 90 SpA. I don't really see how that's terrible. It doesn't really hurt the analysis but it's not a factual statement.
I wouldn't call 90 SpA terrible, but overall it's unimpressive. In my eyes, 90 Special Attack is in the 'mediocre' benchmark, but maybe the analysis could be edited for such reason.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I went on SCMS and reworded this, but when I was calcing the damage Ice Beam does to Tangrowth with a neutral nature (Naive in this case), it does exactly the same damage as Crunch. Idk if it should even be mentioned, at least not for hitting Tangrowth.

At least that sentence is fixed.

I went on SCMS and reworded this, but when I was calcing the damage Ice Beam does to Tangrowth with a neutral nature (Naive in this case), it does exactly the same damage as Crunch. Idk if it should even be mentioned, at least not for hitting Tangrowth.

At least that sentence is fixed.
I came up with these calcs:

4SpAtk Adaptability Crawdaunt (Neutral) Ice Beam vs 252HP/0SpDef Tangrowth (Neutral): 53% - 63% (218 - 258 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Adaptability Crawdaunt (Neutral) Crunch vs 252HP/252Def Tangrowth (+Def): 25% - 30% (102 - 122 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

252Atk +1 Adaptability Crawdaunt (Neutral) Crunch vs 252HP/252Def Tangrowth (+Def): 38% - 45% (154 - 182 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Predicting a Tangrowth switch and hitting it with Ice Beam, threatening to KO it next turn could be important as opposed to not being able to do that with Crunch. Tangrowth could just stay in without worry.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How weird... Must've had some kind of Attack boost from a previous calc in there somewhere. Starting from scratch I get the same results as above. Yeah, no reason to remove it then, carry on.

I'm wondering if a CM+Stored Power set would work for Clefable. I've tried it out and many teams have fallen for it as Clefable with Stored Power will win the stall war thanks to Magic Guard. I just wanted to see if anyone else has thought of this?

EDIT: Okay, nevermind the CM+Store Power set is only good at surprising people but not really good for an analysis

In kabutops's analysis, the offensive rapid spin set, the fourth move slot is "Sword dance" while it should be "Swords dance". I dunno, I randomly noticed it today.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I honestly think the SubSD Scolipede set onsite should run EV's of 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe instead of the standard. Scolipede would love to have his Salac Berry activate on the third Sub, and the spread I'm suggesting gives Scolipede the perfect HP stat to do that, while the power difference is hardly notable. Either that or 30 HP IV's, but either one is fine. Activating Salac on third Sub is something.

I was bored and took a look at Aggron's RU analysis, and I noticed that Low Kick was not even on the main moveset (the CB set), being neglected to AC. It says in the analysis that Earthquake "smites opposing Aggrons and Steelix" but Low Kick does much more to those specific targets. At least Low Kick has a chance to 2HKO Steelix while Earthquake has no chance of doing that, and it can actually 2HKO Steelix if you get SR and a layer of Spikes up, while with the same amount of hazards, Earthquake only has a 12.5% chance to 2HKO. Someone must have really loved EdgeQuake coverage or something like that, but I think Low Kick should be slashed over Earthquake because the targets of Earthquake are hit much harder with Low Kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)