RU CCAT 4 [Stage 3]

That's a good question. 9__9

can be a decent gravity user, it can utilize Earth Power, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, and Sludge Wave which appreciate the Gravity boost.

Obviously you can use it with Spikes / Toxic Spikes in a more stall based team as well, or even just a EQ Spam team.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Nidoqueen would be a definitely solid choice - it would appreciate the boost in Earth Power hitting through levitate & Thunder's extra power to beat Slowking; Focus Blast for Cryogonal, Ferroseed, & Clefable.

Do you guys honestly think Gravity is going to work -.-

Sun

this^

at least Sun might work, there are lots of potential abusers, Charizard, Magmortar, Tangrowth, Bambi, Lilligant. Off the top of my head. I'd much rather see a decent sun team made than a lol gravity team

Gravity. If I had the time, I'd probably run a Dusknoir set which uses Gravity to boost DynamicPunch's accuracy. Of course, I'll double check to see if Golurk can't do the same thing. Oh wait, he can, nevermind I might use Golurk for Gravity and Iron Fist-boosted DynamicPunches.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sun

I like discovering hidden treasures, and unlocking their potential, but i don't think Gravity teams have any potential to begin with...

Gravity GRAVITY IS THE BEST GGRAVITY
An underrated playstyle that has not been looked into much, if at all. Maybe new abusers can be found and may even find a new niche. Maybe one reason it's so underused is because people don't know how to build teams based off it, and I'm sure this CCAT will help.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm supporting Gravity solely because I think that the other playstyles are either worthless or have been explored fully. Hail and Sand are pointless to use in RU without any benefits of an offensvie nature and with their respective evasion abilities banned. Sun and Rain all have their sweepers and supporters known and it isn't too hard to build a solid weather team. Trick Room could be interesting without Cofag as a crutch, but it still has gotten press in teh form of RMTs in the past.

Gravity on the other hand has never been explored and I feel could spark some intereting discussion. It could become a collossal failure but also has huge potential for us to learn from it. So I'd like to see what the community can come up with.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sand

Gravity is cool and all, but I doubt that it's going to be effective. The fact that Gravity's benefits can only last for 5 turns at most, and the lack of benefits that Gravity actually provides for the effort it takes to set it up makes me feel that making Gravity the center of this CCAT will make it fall flat on its face. Sand, on the other hand, is a relatively unexplored option in RU. We did gain Stoutland from the somewhat recent tier shifts, and Sand Rush Sandslash was released from the Dream World not too long ago, so Sand finally has some reasonable sweepers to potentially make setting it up manually worth it. Sand is also pretty flexible as far as teambuilding goes because it's not overly hindering for most Pokemon in RU, and since there are only two Pokemon (or three if you count Sand Force Gigalith) that benefit from it, there's a lot of room for us to fill in the rest of the gaps with creative and interesting choices.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, otherwise they wouldn't vote for it. Gravity for the win.
People voted for Dragon Tail / GrassWhistle / Leech Seed / Giga Drain Meganium before too...I don't think anyone thought that was gonna work.

SAND

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to throw out the suggestion that we move to a second vote between just the top two or three options (probably sand and gravity) and allow people to vote between a smaller pool of the preferred. Also allows people to change their vote if they choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)