1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

RU CCAT 4 [Stage 3]

Discussion in 'BW RU' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. dice

dice follow @smogmogu for hot content
    is a Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

That's a good question. 9__9

[​IMG]can be a decent gravity user, it can utilize Earth Power, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, and Sludge Wave which appreciate the Gravity boost.

Obviously you can use it with Spikes / Toxic Spikes in a more stall based team as well, or even just a EQ Spam team.
  2. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yea, Nidoqueen would be a definitely solid choice - it would appreciate the boost in Earth Power hitting through levitate & Thunder's extra power to beat Slowking; Focus Blast for Cryogonal, Ferroseed, & Clefable.
  3. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus i know what is next, but you won't believe me
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

4. Dracule Mihawk

Dracule Mihawk

5. ScraftyIsTheBest

ScraftyIsTheBest GHOSTS
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Go for Gravity. It seems very interesting given how rare it is.
  6. Raseri

Raseri here to help
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

this^

at least Sun might work, there are lots of potential abusers, Charizard, Magmortar, Tangrowth, Bambi, Lilligant. Off the top of my head. I'd much rather see a decent sun team made than a lol gravity team
  7. complete legitimacy

complete legitimacy Honko's Happy Funtime With Men
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

8. ZakShadow

ZakShadow

I rather see a good gravity team, seems like something that can surprise opponents
  9. tikidude

tikidude

Gravity. All day. Every day.
  10. /B/utterfree

/B/utterfree

Gravity. If I had the time, I'd probably run a Dusknoir set which uses Gravity to boost DynamicPunch's accuracy. Of course, I'll double check to see if Golurk can't do the same thing. Oh wait, he can, nevermind I might use Golurk for Gravity and Iron Fist-boosted DynamicPunches.
  11. Muffinlander

Muffinlander

12. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Sun

I like discovering hidden treasures, and unlocking their potential, but i don't think Gravity teams have any potential to begin with...
  13. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

i like to gravitate
  14. Imanalt

Imanalt WHY BUNNELBY DO HAVE FUR?
    is a Tiering Contributor

gravity is manly
  15. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~

Gravity GRAVITY IS THE BEST GGRAVITY
    An underrated playstyle that has not been looked into much, if at all. Maybe new abusers can be found and may even find a new niche. Maybe one reason it's so underused is because people don't know how to build teams based off it, and I'm sure this CCAT will help.
  16. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

gravitation is fun
  17. TheChortler

TheChortler

18. New Breed

New Breed BIG MONEY
    is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor

smh nice trend you started molk lol, ROOM TRICK
  19. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm supporting Gravity solely because I think that the other playstyles are either worthless or have been explored fully. Hail and Sand are pointless to use in RU without any benefits of an offensvie nature and with their respective evasion abilities banned. Sun and Rain all have their sweepers and supporters known and it isn't too hard to build a solid weather team. Trick Room could be interesting without Cofag as a crutch, but it still has gotten press in teh form of RMTs in the past.

Gravity on the other hand has never been explored and I feel could spark some intereting discussion. It could become a collossal failure but also has huge potential for us to learn from it. So I'd like to see what the community can come up with.
  20. SilentVerse

SilentVerse Into the New World
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Sand

Gravity is cool and all, but I doubt that it's going to be effective. The fact that Gravity's benefits can only last for 5 turns at most, and the lack of benefits that Gravity actually provides for the effort it takes to set it up makes me feel that making Gravity the center of this CCAT will make it fall flat on its face. Sand, on the other hand, is a relatively unexplored option in RU. We did gain Stoutland from the somewhat recent tier shifts, and Sand Rush Sandslash was released from the Dream World not too long ago, so Sand finally has some reasonable sweepers to potentially make setting it up manually worth it. Sand is also pretty flexible as far as teambuilding goes because it's not overly hindering for most Pokemon in RU, and since there are only two Pokemon (or three if you count Sand Force Gigalith) that benefit from it, there's a lot of room for us to fill in the rest of the gaps with creative and interesting choices.
  21. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

22. Aurora

Aurora HRT
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I like the idea of gravity.
  23. Honko

Honko
    is a Programmeris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

People voted for Dragon Tail / GrassWhistle / Leech Seed / Giga Drain Meganium before too...I don't think anyone thought that was gonna work.

SAND
  24. Slory

Slory

25. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm going to throw out the suggestion that we move to a second vote between just the top two or three options (probably sand and gravity) and allow people to vote between a smaller pool of the preferred. Also allows people to change their vote if they choose.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)