Project RU CCAT - Round 5 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lighthouses - Lanturn is a pretty underrated mon and has great synergy with abomasnow.

Anyways, The Leprechaun won this round!

Time for the next round of nominations n_n

Our team so far:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch / Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Ok so since this is going towards bulky offense my nomination is :

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast/hp fire
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Future Sight

Basically a hard hitter pivot that can help aboma dent other pokes with future sight. Focus blast dents steel types that resist both of abomas stabs. Also regenerator helps him to compensate the hazards damage and psyshock to hit on both sides. HP firefor durant, escavalier etc. Depends on the rest of the team coverage.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 140 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head / Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

things team benefits from cobalion and what cobalion does for the team:
- sets stealth rock, which helps abomasnow killing/cleaning with ice shard and setting up kills for druddigon too
- shares similiar counters/checks as abomasnow
- attracts water and fire mons which are eaten by abomasnow and druddigon
- gives to the team someone who is actually not slow as hell and taunt to block setuppers/hazard control from the opponent's lead, which massively gives problems to aboma
- Volt Switch really helps bringing Abomasnow on the field with safety and setting up a swords dance or a bad time to the oppo with wood hammer
- decent/reliable check for fairies if used with iron head, close combat gives him an answer to steels though

Last edited:
i got a sick slurpuff thats been KILLER lately to say the least. and an RU tier pokemon that can absolutely RIP through OU teams is something i find kind of amazing and i want to share with the mon community so to get some respect for the fairy lovers.

Slurpuff
Impish sitris berry/ unburdon
EV to max def and speed. 4 to att

Bellydrum
Play Rough
Return
Drain Punch

the bulk is way underestimated he honestly insane. and A+ stall with max att and double speed?? insane

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i got a sick slurpuff thats been KILLER lately to say the least. and an RU tier pokemon that can absolutely RIP through OU teams is something i find kind of amazing and i want to share with the mon community so to get some respect for the fairy lovers.

Slurpuff
Impish sitris berry/ unburdon
EV to max def and speed. 4 to att

Bellydrum
Play Rough
Return
Drain Punch

the bulk is way underestimated he honestly insane. and A+ stall with max att and double speed?? insane
Hi there, welcome to Smogon!
Unfortunately, Slurpuff does not fit the team at this stage of building, as it is a pokemon that you build a team around; as it was nominated in the first round.
In addition, your EV spread is very inefficient, as an offensive pokemon Slurpuff should invest in Attack and Speed; not Defenese and Speed.

I'll leave the nominations open for another few days, would really appreciate some more submissions.

Last edited:

Kabutops @ Assault Vest/Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet/Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Now, I'm pretty new to the tier, so I don't even know if this is a good set, but I do think that Kabutops would be a good fit on the team. It's a spinner, which MAboma will definitely appreciate, as well as a solid fire and bird check. It also can provide nice knock off support or additional priority. Only issue I see is with it is that the team would gain an additional fighting weakness; which is never nice to have, but I feel that we could address that with the remaining members of the team.

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to Smogon!
Unfortunately, Slurpuff does not fit the team at this stage of building, as it is a pokemon that you build a team around; as it was nominated in the first round.
In addition, your EV spread is very inefficient, as an offensive pokemon Slurpuff should invest in Attack and Speed; not Defnese and Speed.

I'll leave the nominations open for another few days, would really appreciate some more submissions.
thats your opinion on slurpuffs ev spread.
on my team this way works very well. so please dont hate on my mon

this is my first post so i dont know where to put this. i just made the mon and its gotten numerous 4-6 mon sweeps in the OU tier so when i saw it was RU i was shocked to say the least. i dont know a more under rated mon

this is my first post so i dont know where to put this. i just made the mon and its gotten numerous 4-6 mon sweeps in the OU tier so when i saw it was RU i was shocked to say the least. i dont know a more under rated mon
Try not to ttake it personally, he never said it was bad or was hating on it, he said the spread is inefficient, which it is. You want to run max attack to avoid being walled. I dont know how to put it gently, but read the rules of the thread. The mons you nominate have to go with the directions in which the team is going and have to make some sense or explain why they fit the team.

That being said, it has been almost 2 weeks and there are only 3 mon nominations :/ So i dunno if 2/3 days more will make the difference, so only 1 nom per person?

Please don't take it personally, boltsandbombers offered constructive criticism to reply to your post and renominating a Pokemon isn't the best idea. Instead of saying people are "hating" on your spread, it is advisable that you lurk and see previous posts to get an idea for formatting and see the rules.

If you have any more arguments it would be highly advisable that you take this to PM/VM so as to not clutter up the thread.

By the way, yeah the noms should be closed cuz there's probably not gonna be any more response.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Alright, time for voting - same deal as usual, bold the username of the pokemon you're voting for; this will be up for 48 hours.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
I forgot to ask boltsandbombers but are we supposed to be voting in this round without factoring in the suspects in any manner (because it would definitely affect the vote)?

Anyway I think Raiza gets my vote
I'd probably factor out the suspects next round, because official voting won't end for another week or so, but by the team is done the suspects will be banned anyways. If anyone else has some input on this topic that would be cool.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Joltage wins this round, time for the next round of nominations!

As stated before, we need a solid fighting type check, so take this into consideration.

Our team so far:
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch / Stealth Rock

Kabutops @ Life Orb / Assault Vest
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off / Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)