Project RU Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I posted the RMT a few days ago. Time to dump the two cores that evolved from it:

Great Wall (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Fairy Wall (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

BROKEN (Druddigon) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

This is a fantastic core, and a rather easy one to use. Between these 3, you get a reliable switch-in to just about every relevant threat in RU. Registeel is the most viable answer to Yanmega in the tier and it also checks a ton of offensive Pokemon in the tier, such as Braviary, Jolteon, and about any special attacker without a super effective STAB move. It sets Stealth Rock, spreads paralysis, scouts for moves, and S-Tosses whenever necessary. Aromatisse is a reliable switch-in to Hitmonlee, Zoroark, Sharpedo, and numerous others. With Registeel around, Aromatisse can focus on physical bulk and her better physical-based resistances. She provides Registeel with everything it could ask for in Wish and Cleric support while Moonblast is nice to nail those annoying Fighting- and Dark-types. Assault Vest Druddigon gives the core offensive potential while also covering for the severe issue the core has with Fire-types. Druddigon gets wide coverage and has a very solid Attack stat to back it up with. Thanks to the cleric and Wish support Aromatisse provides, Druddigon can be a bit more reckless while Registeel resists everything Druddigon is weak to. Aromatisse is even immune to Dragon! It's a great balance core that you really should try out if you haven't already. If you don't have a Water-type planned out for a team you plan on using Aromatisse + Registeel on, AV Slowking can be used over Druddigon for extra security vs. Fire-types.

Donk (Clawitzer) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Pirouette (Meloetta) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

JusticeV (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

This is a really cool offensive core. Clawitzer is something that is really underrated right now imo. It is able to, at worst, 2HKO nearly every common defensive Pokemon in RU with its incredible coverage and high Special Attack. Among the defensive Pokemon Clawitzer can at least 2HKO are Amoonguss, Alomomola, Registeel, Tangrowth, Bronzong, Druddigon, Gligar, and AV Slowking... yeah it 2HKOes AV Slowking with a non-STAB special attack. That's how strong this thing is. The drawback? It's slow as shit, barely outspeeding uninvested Gligar with full Speed investment, so don't expect it to do too hot vs. offense (though it will still usually get a kill) With a strong wallbreaker comes a reliable cleaner or two. That's where Meloetta and Virizion come in. Meloetta is a very unique Pokemon, being arguably the best Choice Scarf user in the tier that has access to a sound-based move. Why is this really cool? Sound-based moves hit through Substitute. This means that the Sub + Bulk Up Braviary that's about to finish your team is cut short, guaranteed, so long as it's in KO range. Same with Gallade, Moltres, and other such offensive Pokemon. Like any great Scarfer, Meloetta has access to one of U-turn or Volt Switch to scout for potential checks and counters to allow its teammates to do their thing. While Meloetta is more of a revenge killer and late-game cleaner, Virizion is strictly a sweeper. If bulky Ghosts and Psychics fail to survive Clawitzer's assaults, Virizion will usually be free to sweep once it gets a chance to set up, which can be easily obtained through Meloetta's U-turn due to its tendency to force in Dark-, Rock- and Steel-types to take on its STAB moves. After a single SD, Virizion is set to sweep with its good coverage and powerful STAB moves. Just take care to only use Close Combat when the extra power is necessary to KO a target. It's a solid offensive core that I recommend you try out.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(reposting from llamas' team workshop thingy)
A little bulky offensive core I've been messing around with lately, it's very fun:

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Knock Off

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

The idea behind this (bulky) offensive core is for Cobalion to lure and effectively kill a bunch of sturdy walls that Meloetta-P struggles to bypass, such as Doublade, Gligar, and Alomomola with Hidden Power Ghost, Flash Cannon, and Focus Blast respectively. Calm Mind Cobalion can set up on a bunch of Pokemon such as Golbat, Cinccino, or Amoonguss (provided sleep clause is in effect) among other Pokemon thanks to its typing/natural bulk, and then proceed to sweep/soften the opponent's team after which Meloetta-P can eventually come in on a revenge kill or a Pokemon that doesn't hurt it for much, Relic Song, and then continue to finish off the job. It's a core that depends on the classic "sharing same checks/counters" concept that was popularized with Mence + Quaza in 4th gen ubers, where one of the Pokemon lures the usual checks/counters and the other part of the core finishes them off/sweeps after they have been weakened.

Offensive Core:

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden power Ice

+

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

This core is fucking amazing, basically Zoroark disguises himself as Hitmonlee, and then lures Doublade to spinblock, only to be 2HKOd by Knock Off (After rocks), it also lures Alomomola and 2HKO it w/ GK (252 HP / 252+ Def) but only has a 50% chance to 2HKO Mixed bulk mola after rocks, but Hitmonlee can take care of that. It also lures in Gligar and has an ~81% chance to OHKO after rocks. or just 2hko/put in knock off range of hitmonlee.

As for Hitmonlee, it's just standard, but with Zoroark's support it can clean annoying stall and defensive team. It can also still shit on HO because literally every HO has doublade.

One good thing about this too is that using Knock Off (or HP ice I guess) w/ Zoroark (in disguise of Hitmonee) won't reveal that you are actually Zoroark, not to mention both are LO so you can disguise Zoroark late-game if you play it right.

Defensive Core

|

Golbat @ Eviolite |Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator |Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd |EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Careful Nature |Bold nature
- Roost |- Recover
- Toxic |- Toxic
- Super Fang |- Scald
- Defog |- Ice beam

Offensive Core

|

Yanmega @ Expert Belt/Life Orb |Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Speed boost |Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Sdef |EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest nature |Timid nature
- Protect |- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz |- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain | - Signal Beam
- Air Slash | - Hidden Power [Ice]

Balanced Core

|

Druddigon @ Choice Band |Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Rough Skin |Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd |EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Adamant nature |Quiet nature
- Dragon Claw |- Ice Shard
- Earthquake |- Blizzard
- Sucker Punch | - Giga Drain
- Fire punch |- Earthquake

These pokemon really helped me with these sets, I'll start off with Golbat, Golbat is an amazing defensive core in RU, almost nothing can OHKO it in RU and it can remove rocks, spikes, sticky web (If Ariados/Leavanny/Kricketune/Masquerain is used in an RU team), and it can Toxic the pokemon and weaken it with super fang, and if your HP is too low, you can safely use roost! Now moving on to the offensive core, Yanmega! Yanmega is a bulky, strong, and fast pokemon, unlike most bug types, it can hit hard with LO and/or expert belt, sadly rocks weakens yanmega a lot, that's why there's golbat for it! My set for yanmega is protect for the speed boost to out speed most pokemon, Bug buzz just needs to be there, Giga drain for stuff like Rhyperior and kabutops, and air slash is for STAB plus it may flinch the target! ;) moving on, to the balance core, druddigon! Druddigon is one of the top threats in RU, my set is clearly written above, a choice band set, I'm using this set to hit harder than any other druddigon, and just incase my druddigon is fighting another druddigon I put 4 EVs on speed, I put dragon claw well for STAB and of course for dragon types, earthqauke for strong coverage, sucker punch for priority and almost nobody will expect it (never seen sucker punch on any other druddigon), and fire punch for coverage just like earthquake, well that is all I have to say, hope you like these cores! o3o
EXTRAS: I added some pokemon because "1 pokemon is not a core" it seems, now let me continue about the pokemon, first of all Jellicent on the defensive core, Jellicent is a nice pokemon to use to toxic stall. especially when it gets recover, I gave it scald for burn if Jellicent is up against a steel type or a poison type, and ice beam for coverage, second of all, Jolteon! Jolteon is one of the fastest RU pokemon, it has an amazing movepool and can hit hard, I gave it specs so it can hit harder than ever before, volt switch if you wanna do some damage and switch out to the pokemon that can counter the opponent, thunderbolt if you wanna do some serious damage! Signal beam for coverage, as well as Hidden power ice for coverage plus ground types if it can ohko, lastly, Mega abomasnow! Mega abomasnow is a bulky and powerful mega in RU! It has ice shard for priority to hit first if the opponent is faster and at the red bar, Blizzard to hit really hard plus STAB and hail, Giga drain for STAB coverage, and HP, Earthquake for coverage too! well that's it I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muk

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Defensive Core

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful/Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Super Fang
- Defog

Offensive Core

Yanmega @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Speed boost
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Sdef
Modest nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Balanced Core

Druddigon @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Fire punch

These pokemon really helped me with these sets, I'll start off with Golbat, Golbat is an amazing defensive core in RU, almost nothing can OHKO it in RU and it can remove rocks, spikes, sticky web (If Ariados/Leavanny/Kricketune/Masquerain is used in an RU team), and it can Toxic the pokemon and weaken it with super fang, and if your HP is too low, you can safely use roost! Now moving on to the offensive core, Yanmega! Yanmega is a bulky, strong, and fast pokemon, unlike most bug types, it can hit hard with LO and/or expert belt, sadly rocks weakens yanmega a lot, that's why there's golbat for it! My set for yanmega is protect for the speed boost to out speed most pokemon, Bug buzz just needs to be there, Giga drain for stuff like Rhyperior and kabutops, and air slash is for STAB plus it may flinch the target! ;) moving on, to the balance core, druddigon! Druddigon is one of the top threats in RU, my set is clearly written above, a choice band set, I'm using this set to hit harder than any other druddigon, and just incase my druddigon is fighting another druddigon I put 4 EVs on speed, I put dragon claw well for STAB and of course for dragon types, earthqauke for strong coverage, sucker punch for priority and almost nobody will expect it (never seen sucker punch on any other druddigon), and fire punch for coverage just like earthquake, well that is all I have to say, hope you like these cores! o3o
One Pokemon doesn't make a core

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I'm kind of new to this core thing, but it's okay I can fix it
Just for future reference it's good to know what you're talking about before posting. The only Pokemon there with an optimal spread is Yanmega

Yeah, I think it works out as a balanced core, since Golbat and Drudd beat specific threats to Yanmega so it can sweep

Will update soon o3o

Do try to fix Golbat's EV spread tho

migzoo

new money

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Acrobatics

This Offensive core is basically the physical counterpart to Togetic + Yanmega, or Togetic + Special Sharpedo, but even better imo. Gligar is bulky enough to get up to +2 easily on many Pokemon, and the surprise factor helps as well. Min speed for that slow Baton Pass because Sharpedo is frail AF. At +2, Crunch and Waterfall take care of anything Slower than Sharpedo, and Aqua Jet takes care of anything faster or with priority.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 330-393 (102.4 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 294-347 (55 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 317-374 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 330-390 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 312-368 (76.8 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 285-335 (87.9 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 230-272 (70.9 - 83.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hitmonlee: 294-347 (121.4 - 143.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zoroark: 266-316 (101.9 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

so basically the only things that can reliably stop Sharpedo at +2 are Tangrowth, Hitmontop, and Virizion, sort of.
One common scenario I find myself in is Gligar vs. Fletchinder. The average Gligar loses to Fletchinder, but this Gligar can set up 1 or even 2 Swords Dances, as +2 Acrobatics is a 3HKO. Then you pass safely into Sharpedo without fear of WoW, as Gligar is slower. Then Sharpedo Aqua Jets before Fletchinder has the chance to Acrobatics. As seen here:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-152532844
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-152524307

natu

Formerly Antgeezy
Hazard-Stacking Offensive Core

Qwilzz (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes

Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Not really sure if this could be considered a core considering Qwilfish is just a suicide lead, but they work pretty well with each other so I'm rolling with it. The objective is to lead with Qwilfish, try to get as many layers of spikes/tspikes possible and then just explode if the opponent attempts to spin/defog. If you don't have to revenge an attempted spin/defog, Druddigon is usually a safe switch to go to so you can just plant rocks. Oh and taunt is on Qwilfish to taunt other common suicide leads like helix god.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hazard-Stacking Offensive Core

Qwilzz (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes

Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Not really sure if this could be considered a core considering Qwilfish is just a suicide lead, but they work pretty well with each other so I'm rolling with it. The objective is to lead with Qwilfish, try to get as many layers of spikes/tspikes possible and then just explode if the opponent attempts to spin/defog. If you don't have to revenge an attempted spin/defog, Druddigon is usually a safe switch to go to so you can just plant rocks. Oh and taunt is on Qwilfish to taunt other common suicide leads like helix god.
Something else that i'd also like to mention is that these same two Pokemon, but with a more defensive varient of Qwilfish can also function as a balanced core for more defensively oriented teams. It was actually quite common in BW2 RU.

Anyways, here's a core i'm surprised hasn't been posted in this thread yet tbh

Defensive Core:

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split / Flamethrower

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

This is a quite excellent defensive core if i do say so myself, and a great core to start off a stall/balanced team with for sure. Most Pokemon can be at least checked between the three Pokemon, and they happen to cover each other quite nicely overall, being quite hard to break through when played well. Weezing's solid Poison-type, great physical bulk, and access to Will-O-Wisp make it quite good at checking and countering various physical threats for its team such as Rhyperior, Virizion, Doublade, and Hitmonlee. These same attributes make it quite good at setting up multiple layers of Toxic Spikes, an always important tool for any defensive team that puts common wallbreakers such as Exploud on a timer, making them significantly easier to deal with. The only thing really holding Weezing back is a lack of reliable recovery: this is where Aromatisse comes in, as its access to both Wish (to keep Weezing healthy) and Aromatherapy (to keep things such as Will-O-Wisp from wearing down Weezing too much helps out immensely when it comes to keeping Weezing alive. To make things even better, Aromatisse's special bulk makes it quite easy to switch into Pokemon that would force Weezing out to throw up a Wish, and considering many of the physical attackers that can hope to break through Aromatisse struggle with Weezing (Doublade, Escavalier and Durant if Flamethrower), passing Wishes to Weezing is natural. Lastly, Slowking patches up most of the problems that Weezing+Aromatisse have on their own, providing some heavy duty Special Bulk to take on the special attackers that even Aromatisse can't (Moltres and Delphox are especially notable), and even checks some physical attackers that'd be an annoyance otherwise such as Cobalion, all in a hard to wear down package thanks to Regenerator. Assault Vest Slowking also provides the offensive presence for the core, using its solid base 100 Special Attack stat, Spammable STAB move, and great coverage to threaten opponents.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Something else that i'd also like to mention is that these same two Pokemon, but with a more defensive varient of Qwilfish can also function as a balanced core for more defensively oriented teams. It was actually quite common in BW2 RU.

Anyways, here's a core i'm surprised hasn't been posted in this thread yet tbh

Defensive Core:

Weezing @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split / Flamethrower

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

This is a quite excellent defensive core if i do say so myself, and a great core to start off a stall/balanced team with for sure. Most Pokemon can be at least checked between the three Pokemon, and they happen to cover each other quite nicely overall, being quite hard to break through when played well. Weezing's solid Poison-type, great physical bulk, and access to Will-O-Wisp make it quite good at checking and countering various physical threats for its team such as Rhyperior, Virizion, Doublade, and Hitmonlee. These same attributes make it quite good at setting up multiple layers of Toxic Spikes, an always important tool for any defensive team that puts common wallbreakers such as Exploud on a timer, making them significantly easier to deal with. The only thing really holding Weezing back is a lack of reliable recovery: this is where Aromatisse comes in, as its access to both Wish (to keep Weezing healthy) and Aromatherapy (to keep things such as Will-O-Wisp from wearing down Weezing too much helps out immensely when it comes to keeping Weezing alive. To make things even better, Aromatisse's special bulk makes it quite easy to switch into Pokemon that would force Weezing out to throw up a Wish, and considering many of the physical attackers that can hope to break through Aromatisse struggle with Weezing (Doublade, Escavalier and Durant if Flamethrower), passing Wishes to Weezing is natural. Lastly, Slowking patches up most of the problems that Weezing+Aromatisse have on their own, providing some heavy duty Special Bulk to take on the special attackers that even Aromatisse can't (Moltres and Delphox are especially notable), and even checks some physical attackers that'd be an annoyance otherwise such as Cobalion, all in a hard to wear down package thanks to Regenerator. Assault Vest Slowking also provides the offensive presence for the core, using its solid base 100 Special Attack stat, Spammable STAB move, and great coverage to threaten opponents.
I love the core but I have a question; why 8 Speed evs on Slowking?

I love the core but I have a question; why 8 Speed evs on Slowking?
on mons that don't run speed investment, speed is the stat you should invest in because the one point in speed from the 4 leftover ev's makes much more of a difference than one point in any other stat. In this case it's 8 leftover ev's, not 4 because of 248 hp, hence the 8 speed.

though i really wish Molk wouldn't list the speed EVs on that set since i don't want to have to run 16 speed slowking to creep people who are creeping that spread @_@

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

This place isn't receiving enough attention, so I'm here to drop a jewel. I'm currently building a team around these two monsters; I assume there will be a huge increase of the usage of Meloetta and Delphox now that two of their biggest and best checks are gone (well Psychic-types in general received a huge boost in viability after the bans). But anyway these two function very well together thanks to their auspicious synergy. The strategy is very simple. Meloetta has a hard time dealing with bulky Steel-types who can switch in on all of its moves, subsequently forcing it out. Steel-types don't like fire so here is where the magician comes in. Meloetta can use U-turn to safely bring in Delphox on predicted Steel-type switch-ins. Delphox beats every Steel-type in the tier 1 vs 1 (it takes a shitton from Doublade's Shadow Sneak though). Then watch the tears of your opponent roll as Meloetta decimates their team after their counter is eliminated. It's not just limited to eliminating Steel-types either, Delphox can threaten most of the Pokemon in the tier with its great Speed and power. Calm Mind just makes it deadlier. And if you've managed to compile a great team that applies a ton of offensive pressure then the rest of the game should be e-z. Beware ... the reign of the Psychic-types is upon us.

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

This place isn't receiving enough attention, so I'm here to drop a jewel. I'm currently building a team around these two monsters; I assume there will be a huge increase of the usage of Meloetta and Delphox now that two of their biggest and best checks are gone (well Psychic-types in general received a huge boost in viability after the bans). But anyway these two function very well together thanks to their auspicious synergy. The strategy is very simple. Meloetta has a hard time dealing with bulky Steel-types who can switch in on all of its moves, subsequently forcing it out. Steel-types don't like fire so here is where the magician comes in. Meloetta can use U-turn to safely bring in Delphox on predicted Steel-type switch-ins. Delphox beats every Steel-type in the tier 1 vs 1 (it takes a shitton from Doublade's Shadow Sneak though). Then watch the tears of your opponent roll as Meloetta decimates their team after their counter is eliminated. It's not just limited to eliminating Steel-types either, Delphox can threaten most of the Pokemon in the tier with its great Speed and power. Calm Mind just makes it deadlier. And if you've managed to compile a great team that applies a ton of offensive pressure then the rest of the game should be e-z. Beware ... the reign of the Psychic-types is upon us.
i came here to post this exact same core. you can even throw in a dugtrio/magneton, but it isn't even necessary since delphox takes down the steels.

Offensive / Balanced Core

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

These Pokemon have great defensive synergy while keeping up lots of offensive pressure. Eelektross can take Ground-type moves for Drapion, while Drapion can use Taunt to prevent status from hitting Eelektross, which is a huge issue to AV Eelektross. The best way to play using the core is to weaken the opponent with Eelektross's various coverage moves, while attempting to bring in Drapion on a defensive Pokemon to Taunt, then set up to wreck havoc on the other team. Bulky Swords Dance Drapion is one of the best physical sweepers in RU while providing major utility to the table, such as Taunt and Knock Off support. However, in order to sweep effectively it either needs to get multiple boosts, or it needs some bulkier opponents weakened by Eelektross. This is because of Knock Off's mechanics.

I'm not really sure whether or not this is a balanced or offensive core. On one hand, both Pokemon rely heavily on offensive moves to be effective, but utilize less offensive moves or items (Assault Vest, Taunt, Black Sludge) alongside these offensive moves.

Offensive FWG Core
This is just a little core that I use in RU, with some of the sets dating back to BW. All the members are designed to cover each others' weaknesses, with Sap Sipper in Sawsbuck's case and Water Absorb in Poliwrath's.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Fletchinder in my opinion is one of the best sweepers in XY RU. Not only can it revenge kill things like Hitmonlee and Virizion, it's really easy to grab a boost with it and start sweeping with Acrobatics - I've had some extremely clean 6-0s with it. Will-O-Wisp allows Fletch to beat out Doublade by burning it, and setting up in its face. It also allows Fletch to act as a great counter to Escavalier, who can't do anything back to it.
Speed EVs are tweakable to your preference.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Double-Edge/Return
- Horn Leech

The object of this Sawsbuck is to switch it into things like Amoonguss's Spore and Giga Drain aimed at Poliwrath or other members of the team, grab the Attack boost, and bust stuff with LO boosted Double-Edge, or set up Substitutes/Swords Dance on things like Tangrowth.
Baton Pass is a surprise that allows the Attack boosts to go to Fletchinder or Skuntank or something, allowing for some neat sweeps.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-157545152
Sawsbuck also helps kill bulky waters like Slowking and Jellicent that Poliwrath struggles with.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up/Encore
- Waterfall
- Focus Punch

Water Absorb Poliwrath is the last member of the core. Poliwrath's ability allows me to aggressively switch it into things like Slowking's/Alomomola's Scald and Encore it or set up a Substitute on the switch. Focus Punch hurts like hell, especially with a boost, and Waterfall is there for secondary STAB coverage. Poliwrath also acts as a good check to Sharpedo and Escavalier, and can set up Bulk Ups on defensive Pokemon like Hitmontop or Gligar. EVs are to outspeed base 75s like Claydol.

(Note that I use an offensive SubPunch set on this Poliwrath. You're free to use a Physically defensive set with Scald/Circle Throw if you want. This set is just the one I personally use.)
:) Have fun.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
.............+

(additionally, any fire type + pursuit works, but this is the best.)

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn​

The first Pokemon that pops up on your mind when anyone asks for a Moltres counter is Slowking, and naturally, because it is one of the best counters. Moltres is an extreme Slowking magnet, and this core aims to take advantage of that. With Life Orb and U-turn, Moltres lures out Slowking, U-turn as they switch, doing a good amount of damage thanks to Life Orb + no -atk nature, and going right into Spiritomb to Pursuit and checkmate Slowking, allowing Moltres to wallbreak a lot easier. This is a win/win condition no matter what; even if Slowking gets a burn on Spiritomb with Scald if it decides to stay in on the pursuit. The only time this might not work is if Slowking didn't switch in on Moltres's U-turn.

I use speed EVs on Spiritomb to outspeed Rhyperior, Doublade, and Slowking all in one (as well as Escavalier aiming to outspeed Slowking), and hit them hard with the appropriate move or burn them. With the core, I also used Life Orb Whimsicott, but it doesn't do anything specific tbh, it just hits things like Rhyperior/Gastrodon/etc that might switch in on Moltres, and I used the core to support this LO Whimsicott anyway, so use it if you wish.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Shadow Ball
- Encore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)