RU Food Wars

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Shoutout to Blue Frog for this amazing work
Introduction:
Welcome to my 2nd RMT in RU this was supposed to be posted later but Venomth was here and piped in the team so I waited until the suspect was over. This is not going to be a very long intro the team was mainly built around Melo +Virzion + Exploud hope you enjoy :].

Music and Anime this was based off:

These two were first picked both can rip stall or offense to pieces and can wallbreak for each other.

Virzion was added to finish late game against teams or take Dark, Ground, Rock and Eletric attack for the team Qwil was added to fix this team terrible fletch weakness and gave it hazard support and handles Mega Glalie.

Next I added topic for hazard removed and Scrafty check and Mega Lix because gave me SR and another way to deal with flying types also helped with the Tyrantrum weakness.

Now for a closer look at the team:

Meloetta (Erina)
@ Colbur Berry

Ability: Serene Grace | EVs: 4 Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
  • Shadow Ball | Calm Mind | Psychic | Focus Blast

Suggested by 49 and Afreen. Decided to go with a more offensive build on Melo gives Glalie less opportunity to Mega Evolve since Melo outspeeds it before then and OHKO it with Focus Blast. Also went with Swapping out Sub for Shadow Ball to put pressure on Offensive Psychic types giving the team an easier time. Also changed the iteam to Colbur Berry lets be take one Sucker Punch form Houndoom and Hitmonlee and OHKO them with Focus Blast or Psychic.

Exploud ( Isami ) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Scrappy | EVs: 4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
  • Boomburst | Fire Blast | Focus Blast | Surf

Exploud job is to weaken those walls like Mega Lix Rhyperior Quagsire or Registeel for Virzion or Meloetta to sweep and makes it tuff for Offence to switch into it pretty much getting a kill each time it comes in. Evs are pretty standard maxed out its Sp. Atk for max damage output and rest in speed to outspeed some threats. Boomburst is Exploud most powerful even 2HKO resisted mons or coming close. Fire Blast for Steel-types like Bronzong that can take more then one Boomburst. Focus Blast can hit Cradily which have been going some popularity on stall teams and Surf to hit Rhyperior or Rock and Ground types in general.

Virizion ( Souma) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Justified | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
  • Leaf Blade | Close Combat | Stone Edge | Swords Dance

Virizion is another of my set up sweepers and beat mons like Seisamatoad Quagsire Alomola Steelix Tyrantrum and Rhyperior able to Swors Dance on them and have the potential to sweep the oppent team late game. Evs makes Virizion hit as hard as possible and speed to speed tie with other Virizions. Leaf Blade and Close Combat are its main stab Close Combat hitting Fire and Steel- Types which Leaf Blade can't. Stone Edge to hit Togetic Sigilyph and Delphox for super effective damage Swords Dance to boost Virizion mediocre attack and makes its to something that can actually OHKO something. Lum Berry prevent it from getting status like paralysis or Burn.

Qwilfish ( Takumi ) @ Black Sludge

Ability: Inimidate | EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
  • Scald| Spikes | Taunt | Thunder Wave

Qwilfish job is to take on physical attackers like hitmonlee Mega Glalie Tyrantrum Fletchinder and Escavalier and to set up Hazards for the team. Evs let it outspeed Adament Tyrantrum and the rest was put in its HP and Defense. Waterfall was changed out for Scald suggestion by 49 since now I have Spirtomb I don't have any more need to pressure things like Sigi. Spikes stacks residual damage on the oppent team giving them fewer switch ins Taunt to stop set Qwilfiah from become set up bait and can stop hazard from going up. Thunder Wave ( shoutout to Kabakye :D) to slow the oppent team down and get those para flinches.

Steelix-Mega ( Alice ) @ Steelixite

Ability: Sturdy / Sand Force | EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 288 Sp. Def / 12 Spe

• Earthquake | Heavy Slam | Stealth Rocks | Stone Edge
Mega Lix was chosen was the Flying Fairy Electric and Stealth Rock setter for the team. The Evs were changed suggested by Arfreen they now allow Mega Steelix to live one of Virizions Close Combats . Earthquake covers nearly everything Heavy Slam can't hit like Water Steel Fire and Electric types Heavy Slam lets it have. Chance to OHKO Mega Glalie lets it be able to hit Flygon and Flying Types and hit Fairy Types. Stealth can put even more pressure on the oppents mon and it's the based god hazard and should allows be one a team . Stone Edge is highly recommend for this team since it really sprites having Fletch removed straight out the back instead of relief on rocks suggested my 49 and I also agree.

Spirtomb ( Megumi ) @ Black Glasses

Ability: Infiltrater | EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 40 Def / 72 Sp.Atk / 36 Sp. Def / 8 Spe
  • Sucker Punch | Pursuit | Icy Wind | Psychic
Togetic was changed out for Spirtomb suggested by 49. Spirtomb helps with the Delphox and Sigi weakness pursuit trapping both and gives me a solid spin blocker and didn't really need a razard remover for this team. This set may seem weird but it's actually pretty good Icy Wind can slow downs an oppent set up sweepers allowing one of my mons to revenge kill them and makes an oppent think before staying in and can makes scarf boar less of a threat. Psychic can hit top for 60% - 70% and can hit Qwilfish and Virizion. The Evs let tomb outspeed invested base 39 like Amoongus and teh SpAtk Evs were put to 2HKO Flygon with ice Wind and deal enough damage to Fighting Types like Hitmonlee and Hitmontop the Atk Evs lets it have a 25% to OHKO on Delphox with Pursuit when it switches out the rest was put into bulk.
Final Thoughts:

This team is very far from perfect but still wanted to post it increase some activity in the RU RMT section will be posting another one once I hit 500 post see you.

Threats:
High Threats
- This threat has been handled

Mid Threat
- Though still a threat Houndoom became less of a probleam

Shoutouts
Kableye thecrystalonix HypnoEmpire MainEvent (RIP) Natural Talent slurmz (memer) Senpai D.M Ping_Pong_Along Brick Small. BigEZ_6565 Twix Ajna MrAldo Killintime Esidisi Diogo gorex LightningLuxray Scythe. -kal- Lord Death Man atomicllamas and spirt ( are pretty great mods ) else I see or talk to you guys are amazing (except for slurmz xddd)

Edit: I added the new version of the team you can test it out now
Souma (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Isami (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Erina (Meloetta) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Alice (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Takumi (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Megumi (Spiritomb) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 40 Def / 72 SpA / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Icy Wind
- Psychic

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, great team you got there. I think you should run Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball over Focus Blast and Psychic on Meloetta, since that's the benchmark of the Calm Mind moves, and it makes you hit Delphox harder since Meloetta is a guaranteed switch-in. Next up, you should consider running Toxic over Roar on Mega Steelix in order to cripple the bulky waters that switch into it usually. Even though Virizion is a direct counter, Scald burns continuously will limit its potential and thus, you can switch to mons like Togetic to stall out with Toxic. As for Mega Steelix, try running
252 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 12 Spe EVs with Impish Nature in order to take Close Combats from Virizion more reliably, since I don't think outspeeding Rhyperior is that important since 2 of your mons can KO it and Mega Steelix lives an attack.

Good luck!

yo

this is a pretty interesting team that i think takes some novel concepts and utilizes them rather well, and i certainly appreciate the desire to add some ru rmts to the brew haha. that said, i think a lot of issues this team has stems from an excessive investment in the defensive match-up, stacking pokemon that are meant to excel in the balance or stall match-up (exploud, virizion, and this particular melo variant) and thereby developing these issues moreso than i feel is 'needed'.

sidebar, the inclusion of natures might not hurt; i was able to glean what you're probably going for, but it'd help a few people out i think haha.

i feel as though it would be in your best interest to consider a slightly more aggressive meloetta set, specifically a timid colbur variant w/shadow ball over sub. having this speedier variant helps mitigate the looseness of the defensive core presented here, particularly in terms of avoiding a free mega evo for glalie, who contextually looks to be a rather problematic if you feed it too many turns (which is an inevitable thing when you pick qwilfish as your water, lix as your steel, and just means you have to build to that defensive amenability), but also for being able to more actively pressure offensive psychics, which this team lacks in hard answers for. serving as a doomer bait furthers this idea, allowing for some more breathing room for your defensive backbone, rather than forcing scenarios wherein you sac / bait the dark stab and pivot virizion. you've allowed yourself enough leeway against basic defensive batteries (both with a beater in exploud and something to capitalize on bulky waters in virizion) for losing a more conservative booster to be fairly 'safe' overall.

furthermore, i do not think that togetic is hugely optimal here; this team already seems to exhibit a decent handle in the hazards game without its presence, and while i do agree that you should likely be considering a secondary fight resist, i find tic to be just a bit too clunky for a team of this more aggressive orientation. what i might recommend, and trust me when i say that i recognize how unorthodox this is, would be a psychic + icy wind spiritomb. unusual as this set may be, i feel it operates in such a way that it effectively combats many of the issues observed with the initial five-'mon set. specifically, this compresses both a reasonably active spin-blocker (which slightly invested psychic consistently 3hkoing top, pressuring it to an extent) and bulky pursuiter with which to isolate pokemon such as delphox and lo sigilyph, all while preventing significant set-up from opposing threats via icy wind neutralizing their speed. what this also does is serves as a means to both bait scarf boar, a pokemon i also observe to be moderately threatening should it be paired with something like a durant to preserve qwilfish, in addition to keeping opposing qwilfish honest (psychic deals ballpark 60-70%, and generally offensive builds will be quick to throw qwilfish at this 'mon), and even keep up pressure on zealous flygon. this shift does marginally increase the difficulty with which this teams switches into flygon directly, but given the lack of prominent variants that are both physical and hard-hitting, i see this to be reasonably safe here.

in regards to more precise matters, i would consider scald to be a better option on qwilfish here; the only real reason i observe for waterfall is to pressure sigilyph a smidge better in conjunction w/twave, and this is devalued with the presence of tomber. having scald to really dig into spdef gonner balance and / or lix momo cores is something i really find hard to give up, especially in a meta like this where so many people are looking to play things safe. i would also pretty strongly advocate edge on lix here, if only for how good fletch is, and being able to pick that off outright is insanely good for this team. panic button phazing also doesn't seem too necessary here, again something that i think is patched up by tomb rather nicely.

i hope some of my comments were of use to you, best of luck in the future

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Icy Wind
- Psychic

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Hey man, great team you got there. I think you should run Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball over Focus Blast and Psychic on Meloetta, since that's the benchmark of the Calm Mind moves, and it makes you hit Delphox harder since Meloetta is a guaranteed switch-in. Next up, you should consider running Toxic over Roar on Mega Steelix in order to cripple the bulky waters that switch into it usually. Even though Virizion is a direct counter, Scald burns continuously will limit its potential and thus, you can switch to mons like Togetic to stall out with Toxic. As for Mega Steelix, try running
252 HP / 16 Def / 228 SpD / 12 Spe EVs with Impish Nature in order to take Close Combats from Virizion more reliably, since I don't think outspeeding Rhyperior is that important since 2 of your mons can KO it and Mega Steelix lives an attack.

Good luck!
yo

this is a pretty interesting team that i think takes some novel concepts and utilizes them rather well, and i certainly appreciate the desire to add some ru rmts to the brew haha. that said, i think a lot of issues this team has stems from an excessive investment in the defensive match-up, stacking pokemon that are meant to excel in the balance or stall match-up (exploud, virizion, and this particular melo variant) and thereby developing these issues moreso than i feel is 'needed'.

sidebar, the inclusion of natures might not hurt; i was able to glean what you're probably going for, but it'd help a few people out i think haha.

i feel as though it would be in your best interest to consider a slightly more aggressive meloetta set, specifically a timid colbur variant w/shadow ball over sub. having this speedier variant helps mitigate the looseness of the defensive core presented here, particularly in terms of avoiding a free mega evo for glalie, who contextually looks to be a rather problematic if you feed it too many turns (which is an inevitable thing when you pick qwilfish as your water, lix as your steel, and just means you have to build to that defensive amenability), but also for being able to more actively pressure offensive psychics, which this team lacks in hard answers for. serving as a doomer bait furthers this idea, allowing for some more breathing room for your defensive backbone, rather than forcing scenarios wherein you sac / bait the dark stab and pivot virizion. you've allowed yourself enough leeway against basic defensive batteries (both with a beater in exploud and something to capitalize on bulky waters in virizion) for losing a more conservative booster to be fairly 'safe' overall.

furthermore, i do not think that togetic is hugely optimal here; this team already seems to exhibit a decent handle in the hazards game without its presence, and while i do agree that you should likely be considering a secondary fight resist, i find tic to be just a bit too clunky for a team of this more aggressive orientation. what i might recommend, and trust me when i say that i recognize how unorthodox this is, would be a psychic + icy wind spiritomb. unusual as this set may be, i feel it operates in such a way that it effectively combats many of the issues observed with the initial five-'mon set. specifically, this compresses both a reasonably active spin-blocker (which slightly invested psychic consistently 3hkoing top, pressuring it to an extent) and bulky pursuiter with which to isolate pokemon such as delphox and lo sigilyph, all while preventing significant set-up from opposing threats via icy wind neutralizing their speed. what this also does is serves as a means to both bait scarf boar, a pokemon i also observe to be moderately threatening should it be paired with something like a durant to preserve qwilfish, in addition to keeping opposing qwilfish honest (psychic deals ballpark 60-70%, and generally offensive builds will be quick to throw qwilfish at this 'mon), and even keep up pressure on zealous flygon. this shift does marginally increase the difficulty with which this teams switches into flygon directly, but given the lack of prominent variants that are both physical and hard-hitting, i see this to be reasonably safe here.

in regards to more precise matters, i would consider scald to be a better option on qwilfish here; the only real reason i observe for waterfall is to pressure sigilyph a smidge better in conjunction w/twave, and this is devalued with the presence of tomber. having scald to really dig into spdef gonner balance and / or lix momo cores is something i really find hard to give up, especially in a meta like this where so many people are looking to play things safe. i would also pretty strongly advocate edge on lix here, if only for how good fletch is, and being able to pick that off outright is insanely good for this team. panic button phazing also doesn't seem too necessary here, again something that i think is patched up by tomb rather nicely.

i hope some of my comments were of use to you, best of luck in the future

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Icy Wind
- Psychic
Thanks for the advice and team suggestion I will try out these changes as soon as I can

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Ok just wanted to let you guys know I edited the team and put in the changes you guys suggested and tested them and they were really good for the team I will try to add replays later Thanks for the big help n_n

this team is actual cash, destroys stall and looks to have a good offense MU too. hazard stacking might get tricky but honestly between Qwil / Lix / Tomb it's easily doable. also I'm going to be watching food wars after I finish Monster, I'm hyped :]

just so my post isn't completely useless I think SE and Thunder Wave shouldn't really be slashed unless you know your opponent is running a specific playstyle, cause imo they're by far the most consistent options on this team.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
I honestly would go for another stall/wallbreaker that isn't as heavily reliant on voltturn as exploud is, seeing as how you don't have any, but that's just personal preference on my end
Neat team :D
bad anime

Hey man this looks like a really cool team and as im probably known to use cores such as Steelix+Qwilfish(+Tomb) on offense i can definitely feel this as familiar and help in identifying its weaknesses.
The main problem i can spot is probably the lack of speed control since your fastest Pokemon is Virizion and while you can resist most types fine you can struggle with fast Pokemon with particular STAB coverage options.

Even after the changes the teams has still remained quite very weak to Virizion which is quite the big threat to this team and can just sweep if it still has a Lum when Qwilfish comes out and is slightly weakened and Steelix has taken pretty much any prior damage (necessary if you need it to set up Stealth Rock). Scrafty can also be a massive nuisance if it is any Shed Skin variant since it can easily set up both against Spiritomb and Qwilfish quite easily (if it DDs as Qwlifish comes in you can't Taunt it faster) and then plow through your weakened team.

The most easy solution would be to go Choice Scarf Meloetta over your current set (can also bop unsuspecting Houndoom most of the time) so that you get a reliable revenge killer against those. You lose a bit of wallbreaking Power i guess tho Trick can do the job as well if you run Trick | Psychic | Shadow Ball / Hyper Voice | Focus Blast / Dazzling Gleam.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)