RU Hyper Offensive Team

Did this suck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, this is my first RMT for RU and I hope you enjoy.
HOW I BUILT THIS TEAM

Team Memeber #1
Accelgor:

Now, I wanted to have lead that get up some sort of hazard and hit back with a decent attack. I found Accelgor to be that perfect pokemon. With an amazing base Spd of 145 and a decent SpA of 100 allows me to hit back pretty hard.

Team Member #2

Hariyama:

Next, I wanted a hard hitting that could mabye pull off a sweep. First on this slot I had Life Orbed, Rock Head, Aggron. He just had to ma ny weaknesses for my liking even though he hit like a tank. Another great thing about Hariyama is that he has great bulk and can destroy those bulky walls that lurk in the RU Tier.
Team Member #3

Druddigon:

First off, Druddigon is now my new favorite pokemon. I can't even explan how good this guy is. At first I ran a bulky support set and then switched over to all offensive set. Druddigon lacks only one thing which is a decent Spd stat. But can be made up for with some select moves.
Team Member #4

Galvantula:

Now that I have two good all Physical Attackers, I needed something fast that could just drop massive kills and lemme tell yeah, CompoundEyes Galvantula is just that pokemon. This pokemon I believe is the number 1 Specs pokemon in RU.
Team Member #5

Entei:

By now your probaly wondering, whats up with all the Physical Attackers? I just like them:)
Now, all kidding aside, he has greats synergy with Galvantula and Accelgor, and has great revenge killing with ExtremeSpeed. I had Absol in this spot as a set-up sweeper but just found him to be to slow.
Final Team Member
Sandslash:

Well every team need a spinner and mind as well through some rocks on him as well. Plus sometimes he can get that Equake kill.

Now lets go in depth into each pokemon!
Accelgor:

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpA/ 4 HP

Timid Nature
-Spikes
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

My lead pokemon. Starts off with Spikes and takes a hit which will activate Unburden. Unburden is a great ablity becasue it rasies my speed to crazy 852! Now depending if thier team has a spinner or not I usually go on the offensive if one of my moves are supereffective or not. I run HP Fire because lately I have been seeing many Hail Teams in RU and it also helps with Lilligent and other Grass Pokemon. Giga Drain is a just another coverage move Aggron and other bulky rock types. Now Focus Blast is great for normal types such as Lopunny and Cinccino.

Hariyama:

@ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Hariyama has really started to grow on me. At first I decided to use Hitmonlee and was nice with the ablity Limber, but after watching a battle with this guy I decided to try him out. One great thing about him is that he can switch in on rocks and only lose 6% Health which is great. He has great bulk and cant be status because of the flame orb and Bullet Punch puts holes into teams. Stone Edge is for coverage of flying pokemon and really helps on Accelgor. Close Combat Guts boosted is nuts but after two or so really becomes vulnerable to being killed.

Druddigon:

@ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

At first I ran Glare instead of EQuake and Rocks in place of Fire Punch but, I decided to switch over to a full ofensive set. Now the only problem I have with this pokemon is the base Spd of 48 which is god awful. But, as I said in the preveiw with a select move this burden goes away. Suker Punch is great bescause its already a great move and with a base attack of 120, it becomes even better move. Alot of people seem to run Outrage on him, but I dont like the move lock and Dragon Claw still does mounts of damage. Now, alot of people have been surprised by the Fire Punch on Druddigon, but sometimes catches those Ice Pokemon off guared and can get that KO. But, my most favorite reason I love this guy is because of his bulk. With his 90 Def and SpD and 77 HP he can take a hit and dish one back AND with Rough Skin damage is also a plus.

Galvantula:

@ Choice Specs
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain

I believe Galvantula is the #1 Specs abuser is RU. He is quick with a base speed of 108 and with 252 Spd EV's and Timid nature speed tops at a nice 346. A 91% percent Thunder is extremely deadly and can break pretty much any wall in 2 hits. Bug Buzz is great for Uxie and those type of leads. Giga Drain is for Rhydon and such. And Volt Switch is for a quick hit-and-run.

Entei:

@ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

If not for Rocks, I believe Entei could be usuable in OU. With a great base Atk of 115 and Spd of 100 and can really be a threat. With a final Atk of 541 is devastating in the RU tier. He isn a great revenge killer with ESpeed and can really help out Galvantula an Accelgor with the flying and ice and rock type pokemon having great synergy with this team. Iron Head is a very usuable move because of the flinch hax and Flare Blitz, even though the recoil damage, rips through pokemon that dont resist it.

Sandslash:

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 164 HP / 92 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Well, Sandslash's role is pretty easy to see here. Spin rocks away and putting them into play and mabye lay down a toxic or two and if lucky enough mabye get a EQuake off. Not sure if I should switch him with another pokemon or what. Could use the help with this slot please.

Well thanks everyone for the time and please leave your ideas on what you think and thanks again!

Import:
Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Galvantula @ Choice Specs
Trait: Compoundeyes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain

Entei @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 164 HP / 92 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Last edited:
Hello! Nice team here just a few things to adress. First of all Sandslash is really lacking as a spinner right now. So change Sandslash for Kabutops. Kabutops is a much better spinner and really adds to the offense. Next, move Stealth Rock to Druddigon. Stealth Rock is great on Druddigon because of its cool resists. Lastly, use Sleep Talk over Iron Head on Entei. Now you have an Amoongus, Lilligant, and Smeargle counter. All sets are below and hope I helped! ;)

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance/Waterfall

Druddigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 Spd / 252 Atk / 236 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Hey nice RU Team! Looks pretty good but you may want to fit a spinblocker on the team. This is so your spikes wont get spun away. Imo the best spinblockers are Rotom-Normal, or Spiritomb. Idk what you want to put it over but imo its nessisary. Ill post the sets too!

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Spiritomb @ BlackGlasses
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Hi dude, solid looking team =) I like all the changes suggested above, so I'm going to assume in this rate that you used them. So first off, Accelgor should definitely be running a STAB move (i.e Bug Buzz), and I think this set would do better on your team.
Accelgor @ Life Orb | Sticky Hold
Timid | 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Spikes | Bug Buzz | Focus Blast | Hidden Power Rock
Life Orb is for an extra power boost, although if you want to keep it as a suicide lead I'll get to that in a second. Bug Buzz is for STAB which is pretty much mandatory on Accelgor, hitting many Pokemon especially Uxie leads and whatnot. You say Giga Drain hits Aggron and other Rock types well, but Focus Blast hits them for ever harder so Giga Drain isn't a necessity. Hidden Power Rock is for Fire types (most notably Moltres) and hits them for decent damage. Bug Buzz should hit those Grass types you mentioned, so HP Fire isn't needed unless you have massive trouble with stuff like Durant and Escavalier (although you shouldn't). I'd recommend this LO set over the suicide lead, however if you'd like to retain the suicide lead role there is another set I'd recommend over your current one (with minimal changes).
Accelgor @ Focus Sash | Unburden
Timid | 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Spikes | Bug Buzz | Final Gambit | Hidden Power Rock
This is a slight change to your lead, using Final Gambit over Focus Blast (you could use Focus Blast > HP Rock if you have trouble with Steels/Rocks but I don't really think you have that weakness considering how your team is now) so you can hopefully take down another Pokemon with you as you die, which is super cool for a lead mon like Accelgor, especially when you're blazing fast.

ill probably add more later on hariyama/spin bocker but basic idea is that im thinking replacing hariyama with spiritomb...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)