RU Metagame Analysis - Discussion Phase

Rotom-C (Effective Scarfer/Substitute Set)
Accelgor (Incredible revenge killer
Uxie (Good at setting up for team members)

Even though Nidoqueen should be every spot on this list...

Slot #4 Votes:
12 Sceptile
4 Gothitelle
2 Lanturn
2 Slowking
2 Entei
1 Rotom-C
1 Uxie
1 Escavalier

Slot #5 Votes:
7 Entei
6 Uxie
2 Lanturn
2 Smeargle
1 Escavalier
1 Cryogonal
1 Accelgor
1 Gothitelle
4 Sceptile

Slot #6 Votes:
4 Uxie
4 Smeargle
4 Escavalier
3 Lanturn
2 Slowking
2 Sceptile
1 Lilligant
1 Kabutops
4 Entei

Uxie will be in spot #6 because it was second in the #5 poll. Check the OP for the current list. Get voting on #'s 7, 8, 9, and 10. Good job so far everyone!

Remember: you can change the order of the Pokemon at any time, just post explaining yourself!! Also, I haven't seen anyone post their reasoning so far. Doing so will probably help you earn an award :)

Smeargle isn't being abused. I've only seen it once, and the only thing it really has going for it is Spore, which Amoonguss does better. Smeargle can be easily defeated by simply using a fast fighting type.

Slowking
Escavalier
Rotom-C
Smeagle

I think that's over simplifying it HuntSaboteur. Smeargle's thing is the amount of hazards it can set up with the help of spore. Yeah Hitmonlee will beat Smeargle, (don't know what other "fast fighting types" are actually useable. But it still puts one poke to sleep, sets up a hazard and then can switch out and do it again.

Smeargle isn't being abused. I've only seen it once, and the only thing it really has going for it is Spore, which Amoonguss does better. Smeargle can be easily defeated by simply using a fast fighting type.

When amoonguss goes up it might get more usage

Anyways i dunno if its just the team i made but archeops is amazballs for me at the moment i have beenn using a rock gem stone edge one.Uxie is used for some very good wish support

- archeops
- spirtomb
- lanturn

Also gtfo of the tier metang.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

How can a pokemon be outclassed when they perform completely different roles? Smeargle is best known for its fast and easy stealth rock+1 layer of spikes, using spore in the process to put an opposing pokemon to sleep. Smeargle can also perform things like baton pass with moves such as shift gear and quiver dance, as well as a level 1 trick room+endeavor set to grab momentum for any trick room team (one of the most underrated playstyles now, we have so many things to use the move and abuse it). Amoonguss is best known for its defensive prowess and resistances, how can a defensive pivot outclass a pokemon with decent speed, baton pass, hazards, whirlwind, and pretty much everything else you would want, i dont know. As for "fast fighting-types". if someone plays well with smeargle, they could put your fighter to sleep (unless its primeape, and lol primeape is bad). and get a free layer of hazards or two.

That discussion was sort of strange, as it mentioned Hitmonlee and Primeape as Smeargle counters, and I actually use both...
Lol wut, Primeape is a terrible poke in RU, all it can do over the other fighting types is u-turn but it has less power and needs a scarf to have usable speed.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol wut, Primeape is a terrible poke in RU, all it can do over the other fighting types is u-turn but it has less power and needs a scarf to have usable speed.
And u-turn is absolutely huge. Keeping the pressure on is pretty important for offensive teams. On top of that, even if the attack is a bit lacking, a scarfed close combat is always nice for late game. With no u-turn, other fighters can lead to full stops (ccing a bulky psychic/ghost), which is exactly what you don't want when using offense. Ape also sits at a pretty nice speed for an RU scarfer, outspeeding some key threats at +1 speed, and outspeeding a lot of other common scarfers. If you really think Primeape is a terrible mon in RU, you're obviously not using it right.

And u-turn is absolutely huge. Keeping the pressure on is pretty important for offensive teams. On top of that, even if the attack is a bit lacking, a scarfed close combat is always nice for late game. With no u-turn, other fighters can lead to full stops (ccing a bulky psychic/ghost), which is exactly what you don't want when using offense. Ape also sits at a pretty nice speed for an RU scarfer, outspeeding some key threats at +1 speed, and outspeeding a lot of other common scarfers. If you really think Primeape is a terrible mon in RU, you're obviously not using it right.
It's obvious it sucks, I haven't seen it since round 4 probably due to the rise of cofag and now the release of gothitelle and nido didn't help it get any more usage. You can still probably fit it on a team but other fighting types work so much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)