RU ready for the Sticky Armageddon? (RU Beta)

RU ready for the Sticky Armageddon?

Hi everybody! I'm Patrick1088 and usually hang around the UU forums, but I decided to give RU a try. I am a big fan of Sticky Web and it allows heavy hitters to just obliterate pokes with little to no trouble. I created this team the other day and have been playing around with it. It went through a bunch of variations, but this is the current team so far. The goal of the team is pretty simple; Set up Sticky Web and Hit as hard as pokemonly as possible!

Without further ado, may I present to you the bringers of Sticky Armageddon!

Smeargle@ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
Jolly Nature
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Spore
-Sticky Web
-Magic Coat
-Stealth Rock

Here's the painter of destruction, the artist of doom, the Picasso of Pain! Smeargle is a pretty standard lead and very obvious (I have tricks up my sleeve to throw off the opponent though). Spore and Sticky Web are the key moves here. Spore incapacitates everything that's not a grass type, has Overcoat (Escavalier) or Sap Sipper. Dark Void is better, but I don't want to chance the accuracy for a handful of pokes immune to Spore. Sticky Web lowers the speed of the opponent every time they switch-in, thus making my pokes that much faster. Stealth Rock is important to break sashes and wear down pokes. Magic Coat is a very important move here. It stops faster taunts from Whimsicott, Froslass, opposing Smeargle, etc.. It allows me to not be "taunt bait" and to get SW up reliably.

Zoroark@ Choice Specs
Illusion
Timid Nature (0 Atk)
252 Sp Attack/ 4 Sp def/ 252 Speed
-Trick
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower

Zoroark is definitely an MVP of this team. He is usually disguising himself as a Smeargle lead. This is especially important if I see an Xatu trying to bounce back Spore, Sticky Web, SR, etc.., to get a Specs Boosted STAB SE Dark Pulse right in the Aztec face! But, seriously, dark STAB is one of the best spammable moves types in the game with only fighting, dark and fairy resisting. Trick cripples walls that try to switch in. Focus Blast and Flamethrower round out the coverage nicely. Zoroark can also clean up late game once the pokes are all weakened and SW in the field still.

Exploud@ Choice Specs
Scrappy
Modest Nature (0 Atk)
16 HP/ 252 Sp Atk/ 240 Speed
-Boomburst
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

Did you hear that?... That loud BOOM! Exploud and SW go to together like PB and J. SW+ 240 Speed EVs allows Exploud to be faster than all non-scarf base 108s (Cobalion, Zoroark, Virizion, etc..). Boomburst is the key move here that's a base 140 STAB attack that ghosts and subs can't block thanks to Scrappy and the new Gen 6 mechanics, respectively. Honestly, the rest of the moves are there for filler. The only types that can switch in are Rock and Steel types, which Focus Blast and Fire Blast maims. Ice Beam is for Gligar which is bulky enough and not affected by SW.

Zangoose@Toxic Orb
Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
252 Attack/ 4 Sp Def/ 252 Speed
-Quick Attack
-Facade
-Close Combat
-Knock Off

Zangoose is the wallbreaker on the team and rightfully deserves that title. Base 115 attack seems just above average, but Toxic Boost pumps that up 50% with no set up. Normal/Fighting/Dark coverage in Facade/CC/KO is flawless and Goose has QA to pick off frailer faster foes aren't affected by SW. Just to illustrate how powerful Zangoose is, look at the calcs below (assuming poisoned):

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 216-255 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 350-414 (88.8 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bronzong: 258-304 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 254-300 (69.7 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 102-121 (32.4 - 38.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I could go on and on, but you can see that there are very few safe switch ins. Jolly Nature allows it to be faster than every scarfed poke in the RU tier at the moment. You could opt for Adamant, but that's your choice...

Now, let's say that SW isn't up and Smeargle bites the dust, and I need a back-up end game. Well let me present to you, the Harbingers of non-SW Armadgeddon!

Hitmonlee@ Liechi Berry
Unburden
Adamant Nature
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
-Endure
-Reversal
-Knock Off
-Mach Punch

Unburden Lee is a real threat. Once his speed is doubled, there isn't much that can stand up to him. Last gen, he suffered in UU where bulky walls and ghosts stopped him at every corner. Well, the buff to Knock Off makes Lee a very big threat. Have hazards on the field (non-SW and Toxic Spikes), then Lee can still sweep. Priority users are still an issue? Not an issue with Monlee. The idea here is to Endure, tank a physical hit to knock you down to 1 HP, eat the Liechi Berry (+attack boost) and activate Unburden thus doubling your speed. Only the bulkiest of mons aren't 2HKO by Reversal. Knock Off rounds about the coverage to hit ghost types. Mach Punch is for priority to beat faster users who plan to exploit your 1HP like Dugtrio. Fairies are a pain for this set, but you know what? There aren't too many fairies out there in RU, barring Granbull.

Reuniclus@ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Bold Nature (0 Atk)
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Atk
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Lastly, here's the anchor for the team. As you have seen, I do have a bit of a fighting weakness between 3 Normal types and Zoroark. Reuniclus patches up that weakness and is my stallbreaker. Unaffected by burns, t spikes (which cripple Monlee) and hazards. After 2 boosts, even Clawitzer's Dark Pulse can barely 3HKO reuniclus.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 158-186 (37.2 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Psyshock vs. Psychic is always a dilemma. But, IMO Psyshock should be used when available in case you get stuck in a CM War with Cresselia and non-Shadow Ball Reuniclus. It'll beat their physical defense while you boost your Sp Def. Focus Blast is for coverage against dark and steels. Recover is well duh, for HP recovery! 110/75/85 bulk is nothing to scoff at lol

252+ Atk Escavalier Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 384-452 (90.5 - 106.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

While he can't do too much to Escavalier, it does show that he can take a SE STAB move coming from a 135 fully invested attack and still have a 62.5% to survive. So, imagine all the non-stab Knock Offs that he can take...

Well, this is my Armageddon team! My biggest threat's that I've seen are Trick Room teams. Holy cow, they love Sticky Web more than I do! Reuniclus is also a huge threat. If he sets up a CM, my only option is to spam Dark Pulse/Trick from Zoroark.

Any feedback is mighty appreciated!

Export Data is below if you want try the team out!
Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Stealth Rock

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 16 HP / 240 Spd
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Zoroark (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

In my opinion you shouldn't have two choice specs but since you have trick on zoroark it's okay. The huge problem of your team is the fighting weakness (you have four pokemons with fighting weakness). Good luck with your team cya :)

Zoroark is to disrupt with trickspecs and clean late game. Exploud is to straight up wallbreak with boomburst hitting everything bar rock and steel types. Would you have a different suggestion as opposed to trickspecs zoro and boomburst exploud to help patch up the fighting weakness?

1. Ok so first I see a problem with your Smeargle. It's set-up fodder for Virizion (my favorite Pokemon) basically. Use Dark Void over Spore. Despite the Lower accuracy it's worth it. I also recommend King's Shield>Mirror Coat on Smeargle to weaken Fake Out leads such as Kangaskhan and Ambipom. You don't exactly have a normal resist so that is going to become a problem.

2. You have a major fighting weakness and the only relatively bulky Pokemon on your team is Reuniclus. For this very reason I'd say scrap Reuniclus and Exploud and replace them with Amoonguss and Slowking, a nice Regenerator core.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 44 SAtk / 116 SDef / 88 Def / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic / Spore (Spore is not recommended as you already have Smeargle to induce sleep)
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SAtk / 232 HP / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Def / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave (T-Wave over Toxic because Amoonguss already does that job)
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic

Which set to use is up to you. You can go with specially defensive EVs on AV or naw.

3. Now you have a flying weakness. Now it's up to you how you want to fix your team. Keep the things you want to use and work around that.

You already have Recover on Reuniclus, so I would recommend Life Orb over Leftovers and because of Magic Guard you would take no recoil damage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)