Resource RU Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-209772876

Here's a ladder game of me using my Medicham + Houndoom team. My opponent has Choice Scarf Durant and unfortunately this time and I decided to not use my scarf Magnet Pull Magneton in this battle so he litterally just had to spam Iron Heads the fuck out of me. Thankfully later on the match Medicham lived one and the issue of the battle was determined by a Sucker Punch 50/50, that I won with Bulk Up and then Baton Passed the boosts to Kabutops which basically sweeped the 3 mons remaining. This replay shows how damn useful can this Medicham set be, as well as how annoying Scarf Durant is for unprepared offensive teams.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-209772876

Here's a ladder game of me using my Medicham + Houndoom team. My opponent has Choice Scarf Durant and unfortunately this time and I decided to not use my scarf Magnet Pull Magneton in this battle so he litterally just had to spam Iron Heads the fuck out of me. Thankfully later on the match Medicham lived one and the issue of the battle was determined by a Sucker Punch 50/50, that I won with Bulk Up and then Baton Passed the boosts to Kabutops which basically sweeped the 3 mons remaining. This replay shows how damn useful can this Medicham set be, as well as how annoying Scarf Durant is for unprepared offensive teams.
No offense, but that replay isn't really the best at showcasing that core's potential considering that your opponent made a huge misplay at the end of the match. All he had to do was go into Mega Aboma and click Ice Shard on your Medicham. Even if you would have switched out predicting that, he still could have played around the Kabutops with Skuntank + Druddigon, seeing as how neither of them die to a Stone Edge anyway. I don't know, maybe he didn't have Ice Shard on Mega Aboma or something, but seeing as how it's practically a staple on every set and there's like no reason not to run it, I really doubt that he's not running it.

I'm not trying to diss your core or anything, but I just don't think this was the greatest replay in terms of showing off the effectiveness of your core. In the end it came down to your opponent misplaying and you winning a few 50/50s.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-213982316

A ladder match I had against Steve Angello just now that showcases the toxicity of Cresselia... also showcases his huge misplays by sacking Slowking in the first few turns and then sacking Steelix so willingly (which could at least check/counter Cresselia)...

...also shows how salty he got, no hard feelings tho :o

note: none of the crits in the game mattered

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
that endgame is why I put ridiculous creep on my Doublades :]
I actually had a lot of creep on my perior as well :]

I feel that I played that unnecessarily recklessly. I had it in my head that gatr easily won that match and therefore I didn't need anything apart from hazards which is why I sac half my team just to get them up. I think I was trying to rush the game because I wasn't having much luck with the team but matchup was really in my favour here.

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I actually had a lot of creep on my perior as well :]

I feel that I played that unnecessarily recklessly. I had it in my head that gatr easily won that match and therefore I didn't need anything apart from hazards which is why I sac half my team just to get them up. I think I was trying to rush the game because I wasn't having much luck with the team but matchup was really in my favour here.
Yeah unfortunately that team isn't prepared for sheer force gator :0

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
Feraligatr is such a monster in RU

It can sweep through a team without priority like a knife through butter

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-214953044
It indeed is, but considering that your opponent had zero checks to DD Gator, for some reason Sneaked on Gator instead of just going for Claw, and was using Ambipom, that wasn't really the best battle to showcase Gator's effectiveness. All it really did was show how the ladder for some reason isn't prepared for DD Gator lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)