RU RU Seasonals Playoffs: FINALS [WON BY JOHNMASTER FV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by atomicllamas
Credit to other seasonals for several parts of the op

Art by Bummer

Welcome to the RU Seasonal Playoffs! This seasonal will be part of the RU Circuit. The winner of the tournament will become the RU champion with a banner to match!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard ORAS RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
  • Replays must be saved and posted when confirming your win/loss. If neither the winning nor losing party posts replays, the match will be coin-flipped regardless of confirmation of result from either party. This is to ensure that everyone is on an even playing field, and in general, access to a library of quality replays is a good tool to track the development on the metagame that will possibly be used to fuel several other resources.
  • In the case that a ban is made or a Pokemon moves up from RU to another tier or down to RU from another tier through usage during the middle of a round, the tier change(s) will not be taken into effect until the proceeding round begins.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:
  • Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
Matchups

Semifinals

1. FlamingVictini vs. 13. Level 56
game 1 | game 2

7. Ajna vs 11. Sacri'
game 1 | game 2 | game 3

FINALS

FlamingVictini VS Ajna

FINISH IT B4 BETA PLS

Last edited:
1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce - i've liked pepeduces' ability to delve into some creative building options in the past, could spin into a nice ct, leaning towards fv tho. more consistency i think, feel as he can capitalize as his opp overextends.
2. Chill Shadow vs 15. Coverride - coverride's a silent killa, and its funny when chill shadow loses b.c he gets hella salty, but he's been pretty level recently and i think he's gonna be pushing hard to win.
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes - she literally just takes a concept i did and makes it worse lmao.
4. soTsoT vs 13. Level 56 - maybe if soTsoT builds a third team, he'll have the depth to push advantage, but otherwise i feel as though lv56 has a patient enough hand to dig in and catch a w in 3.
5. DennisEG vs 12. Hairy Toenail - i feel as tho people might think from any narration i've done that i got some thing against this guy. he's a cool dude and a player i think is wholly solid, and i'd wager that he pushes at least through this as long as he doesn't try to engage in some overzealous ct'ing.
6. Lord Esche vs 11. Sacri' - tough call, cuz i've been seeing esche step up his game w/haste, but sacri likes more of my posts i think. mostly i think this boils down to further exposure
7. Ajna vs 10. Laurens - i think the closest series here, and while i feel ajna might have a bit stronger of a trigger finger n maybe some depth of building, i could see either taking it.
8. TTFTW vs 9. Serene's Grace - respect to ttftw for coming up on the tour scene lately and having the hutzpah to use "ftw" in this, the year almost 2017, but i kinda expect an upset(?) here; serene's grace has a better feel for building in this tier, and i think has the wherewithal to pull stuff that ttftw won't know how to properly respond to. time will tell tho

post up times, and make them the weekend

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
2. Chill Shadow vs 15. Coverride
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes
4. soTsoT vs 13. Level 56
5. DennisEG vs 12. Hairy Toenail
8. TTFTW vs 9. Serene's Grace

1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes - rip meta
6. Lord Esche vs 11. Sacri'
7. Ajna vs 10. Laurens

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes
6. Lord Esche vs 11. Sacri'
7. Ajna vs 10. Laurens

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce unfort match pepe sorry
2. Chill Shadow vs 15. Coverride po poster boy
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes regimola wins again
4. soTsoT vs 13. Level 56 prove to everyone youre more than a ladder hero, coming from from yours truly
5. DennisEG vs 12. Hairy Toenail ill just add on to 49s predict i honestly dislike that eg guys builds
6. Lord Esche vs 11. Sacri' Esche for upset n_n
7. Ajna vs 10. Laurens highlight match imo two great oras players, I enjoy Ajnas playstyle more, SS can upset with patience xp
8. TTFTW vs 9. Serene's Grace TTFTW has more experience

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce - i've liked pepeduces' ability to delve into some creative building options in the past, could spin into a nice ct, leaning towards fv tho. more consistency i think, feel as he can capitalize as his opp overextends.
2. Chill Shadow vs 15. Coverride - coverride's a silent killa, and its funny when chill shadow loses b.c he gets hella salty, but he's been pretty level recently and i think he's gonna be pushing hard to win.
3. -Tsunami- vs 14. rozes - she literally just takes a concept i did and makes it worse lmao.
4. soTsoT vs 13. Level 56 - maybe if soTsoT builds a third team, he'll have the depth to push advantage, but otherwise i feel as though lv56 has a patient enough hand to dig in and catch a w in 3.
5. DennisEG vs 12. Hairy Toenail - i feel as tho people might think from any narration i've done that i got some thing against this guy. he's a cool dude and a player i think is wholly solid, and i'd wager that he pushes at least through this as long as he doesn't try to engage in some overzealous ct'ing.
6. Lord Esche vs 11. Sacri' - tough call, cuz i've been seeing esche step up his game w/haste, but sacri likes more of my posts i think. mostly i think this boils down to further exposure
7. Ajna vs 10. Laurens - i think the closest series here, and while i feel ajna might have a bit stronger of a trigger finger n maybe some depth of building, i could see either taking it.
8. TTFTW vs 9. Serene's Grace - respect to ttftw for coming up on the tour scene lately and having the hutzpah to use "ftw" in this, the year almost 2017, but i kinda expect an upset(?) here; serene's grace has a better feel for building in this tier, and i think has the wherewithal to pull stuff that ttftw won't know how to properly respond to. time will tell tho

post up times, and make them the weekend
Did you just call rozes a she?

(◕‿◕✿)Arifeen is it possible for us to get an extension? I probably won't get to a PC until the 31st. If not I'm giving him the win.(◕‿◕✿)

(◕‿◕✿)24/50(◕‿◕✿)

(◕‿◕✿)Arifeen is it possible for us to get an extension? I probably won't get to a PC until the 31st. If not I'm giving him the win.(◕‿◕✿)
(◕‿◕✿)24/50(◕‿◕✿)
I also would appreciate an extension since I have the ssnl finals to take care of in the same timeframe and have been really busy with family visiting in the holiday times. They happen to be leaving on the deadline day, so it will be much easier for me to play on the 29th or 30th, so I would really appreciate an extension if that's possible.

activity, coverride got online once in the past 7-8 days just to reply to my vm and pick a time only to miss the time he picked. im going out tonight so if he gets online and requests an extension i dont mind, otherwise he's inactive af
e: he vm'd me to give me the win due to lack of time

Last edited:

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
(1. FlamingVictini vs 16. Pepeduce ) vs (8. TTFTW vs 9. Serene's Grace) Fv to win series best ruer left
2. Chill Shadow vs 7. Ajna lol beat this kid again
3. -Tsunami- vs 11. Sacri' regimola doesnt lose
5. DennisEG vs 13. Level 56 could go either way tho

E: Ajna making it 3-2 zzz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)