(RU) Semi-Stall

This team peaked at #9 on the ladder (today) but I have noticed a few problems with it. Number one, it struggles to deal with Porygon-Z. Also, taking down clefable is a bit of a problem. If anyone has any suggestion or anything, please let me know.

Uxie @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Magic Coat
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lead Uxie, basically the standard Uxie, except with magic coat. This gives me a free turn against other stealth rocking leads, which i can use to set up reflect or U-turn before they get their hazards up. Thinking of replacing reflect with light screen though, as I have a bunch of physical walls anyway.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Payback

Cleric Umbreon. Basically used to inflict toxic, remove status and pass wishes. Mostly used against special threats, but uxie's reflect is very useful against physical ones. Payback so it's not complete taunt bait, though I wish Umbreon got Knock Off.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Rest Blastoise/Rapid Spinner. Why rest? So it lasts a long time. Why roar and not dragon tail? To phase out subs. The lack of sleep talk is rarely ever a problem thanks to cleric umbreon. Best spinner in RU hands down (fuck claydol).

Tangela (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 248 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Tangela, the best physical wall in the tier. Not much to say here, it's pretty standard Tangela (added 1 point in speed to outspeed other tangela to sub).

Entei @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SAtk / 136 SDef / 88 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Stalltei, and my Yanmega 'counter' (it's a tricky thing to counter). Burns physical attackers, roar out boosters (particularly Venomoths and the like) and is just generally irritating. Thinking of replacing will-o-wisp for sunny day, to deal with hail teams, and rely on lava plume for burns.

Yanmega (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ah, yanmega, suspect right from the start of the tier. Functions somewhat like this. Switch in on something that will switch out, substitute, then attack and heal. Grants immunity to status and priority, two of the main counters to yanmega.

Like I said, the problems I have found have been with hail and porygon-z, and clefable to an extent. Actually, yeah, clefable has been probably the biggest problem for me so far besides porygon-z. Anyway, any criticism is welcome.​

I've noticed that your team has three bug weaknesses, which is not a good thing in a tier infested by bugs. If your opponent manages to KO your Entei first, an opposing Yanmega can easily sweep through your whole team. You might want to replace Tangela (who is bug-weak) with Ferroseed (who is not bug-weak). Ferroseed can also leech seed, and it can also lay Spikes, something your team would lack otherwise. Additionally, Ferroseed resists most of the attacks that Porygon-Z usually carry, only fearing the occasional Hidden Power Fighting. Blastoise's use of Rest is a bit ... odd ... to say the least (I've never seen Rest used that way), but if you are fine with it you can keep it. If not, I say that you should replace Rest with Ice Beam (to take down things such as Gligar) or Toxic.
Hail teams are uncommon in RU, but if you really have that much trouble with hail, feel free to replace Will-o-wisp with Sunny Day on Entei (but make sure you kill that Snover first). You might want to replace Hidden Power Ground on Yanmega with Hidden Power Fighting to hit Clefable harder given that Ground and Figthing have similar coverage, but a super effective HP Fighting has only 5 more base power than a STAB netural Bug Buzz. Anyway, I hope your team has success on the ladder in the future!

I've noticed that your team has three bug weaknesses, which is not a good thing in a tier infested by bugs. If your opponent manages to KO your Entei first, an opposing Yanmega can easily sweep through your whole team. You might want to replace Tangela (who is bug-weak) with Ferroseed (who is not bug-weak). Ferroseed can also leech seed, and it can also lay Spikes, something your team would lack otherwise. Additionally, Ferroseed resists most of the attacks that Porygon-Z usually carry, only fearing the occasional Hidden Power Fighting. Blastoise's use of Rest is a bit ... odd ... to say the least (I've never seen Rest used that way), but if you are fine with it you can keep it. If not, I say that you should replace Rest with Ice Beam (to take down things such as Gligar) or Toxic.
Hail teams are uncommon in RU, but if you really have that much trouble with hail, feel free to replace Will-o-wisp with Sunny Day on Entei (but make sure you kill that Snover first). You might want to replace Hidden Power Ground on Yanmega with Hidden Power Fighting to hit Clefable harder given that Ground and Figthing have similar coverage, but a super effective HP Fighting has only 5 more base power than a STAB netural Bug Buzz. Anyway, I hope your team has success on the ladder in the future!
a t-wave aggron can fix that if it doesnt have hp ground

If you have problems with porygon-Z and clefable, then a fast fighting type like Sawk, or one with a Choice Scarf could alleviate those problems for you

Pretty solid team except that fact that you have a huge bug weakness, After entei dies you got nothing. So, You might want to replace tangela with something different Amoongus, But if you really need a defense wall use tangela, It is really good. Yanmega should be UU anyways. Good luck!

You're kind of ripped apart by Durant (but then again, who isn't =D). If your Blastoise is at 75% health or less, it's almost a guaranteed OHKO with a +1 X-Scissor, and everything else is hit Super Effectively by one of its moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)