Official RU Stage 12 Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tyrantrum: Do Not Ban

Despite its unmistakable power and splashability, I believe Tyrantrum remains a healthy addition to the metagame. It is one of the best scarfers in the tier and it has excellent initial power. However there are a number of relevant checks and counters to each and all of its set in the tier. The real question is whether or not the pressure to include these on your team is a ban-ably unhealthy one. I don't believe it is.

And while the following is conjecture, I believe Tyrantrum holds adds much needed diversity as a another Dragon-type choice in RU in addition to Flygon / Druddigon, as well as acting as an invaluable Flying and Fire resist that keeps otherwise extremely threatening sweepers such as Fletchinder in check. I cannot substantiate this since I have not played in a Tyrantrum-less metagame, and this is not a deciding reason for my vote, but I felt like I would share it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)