Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Approved by: Molk ,atomicllamas
Hosted by: gorex , Scythe. , KingT , Schaff, galbia, lighthouses, 49
OP stolen from : Trinitrotoluene

RU Teambuilding Factory
I'm gonna keep the explanation short n' sweet. If you're having trouble building a team around something, this is the place to post. I and a few others will be putting our teambuilding capabilities on sale, building a team around your Pokemon / core. We'll then post the team with a brief explanation as to why we chose to use what we did and the team will then be placed in the post below this one.

Also, if we haven't gotten to your request yet, it's probably because a) we're busy because we have lives outside of Pokemon, b) we're working on other players' teams or c) you posted something really terrible that doesn't comply with the guidelines below.

I am open to accepting new teambuilders to work with us but really you should be prepared and have a reputation in the tier and do this through PM. I have my names in mind already if i do decide to add someone.

Also, Molk and Llamas have agreed to help out with this thread if necessary, so yeah...

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description with the core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be.
- Do not post asking us to make use of TERRIBLE Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- Please refrain from posting teams unless you are an "employee," but if you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the construction of a certain team, PM me.
- Do note that requests for teams built around mons that are C rank and below are not allowed anymore as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C+ rank is still allowed)

Pending Requests:

Moved it all to a PiratePad

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I'm not too bad at team building myself, but one Pokemon I've been struggling to make a team for is Feraligatr, the Dragon Dance set in particular. I don't want the entire team built around getting a Dragon Dance sweep, but I don't want the team to provide no support for Feraligatr either. I'm better at using more balanced team builds, so I'd like the team to be like that. I would also like a bulky hazard setter in there (I don't like suicide leads much).

I hope this is fine, I haven't done this before.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HypnoEmpire

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Encore

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 16 HP / 228 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

This team supports Feraligatr and lets it shine while making use of powerful mons. Emboar is a cool powerful revenge killer that is only outspeed by jolteon and Accelgor. Sleep talk is to not have to fodder anything to sleep if the opponent has an amoonguss. skuntank is there to defog and absorb t spikes as for whimsicott it's to use tailwind and pick up slow u-turns. i wanted to use Sub Cm Cobalion to kind of catch people of guard and it has the ability to KO anti lead cobalion. Last is steelix the standard rock setter.

Last edited:
So since Moltres is gone, Ive been dying to use specs Rotom-Cut since it doesnt needs a scarf as much anymore (FUCK GATOR). Would be pretty chill if you could make a team with it. Generally I like more offensive teams, since Rotom does have Volt Switch maybe a Volturn team would be cool. Hazard stacking seems fun as well, so maybe spikes support to go along with it as well.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HypnoEmpire

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Encore

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 216 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Rock Blast

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Shadow Ball

This team supports Feraligatr and lets it shine while making use of powerful mons. Emboar is a cool powerful revenge killer that is only outspeed by jolteon and Accelgor. Sleep talk is to not have to fodder anything to sleep if the opponent has an amoonguss. Jolteon is there to pick up momentum as for whimsicott it's to use tailwind and pick up slow u-turns. i wanted to use Sub Cm Cobalion to kind of catch people of guard and it has the ability to KO anti lead cobalion. Last is Rhyperior the standard rock setter that covers the fire weakness.

Edit : team looks like it gets destroyed by specs meloetta & Hazards could be a problem
That's actually very similar to a team I literally built in 5 minutes 30 mins ago:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Glare
- Dragon Tail

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Taunt

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Rapid Spin

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Lazy/don't really have time to add a description but it p much functions the same except I use scarf lee for spinning + revenge killing, qwilfish as a suicide lead/t.spikes absorber if needed and phys defensive drudd w/ rocky helmet as my SR setter, and SubSD cobalion along with DD gatr, as well as LO Whimsicott to lure doublade and hit it with s.ball and in general being a good cleaner against offense, and soft checks things like BD slurpuff with encore

Natural Talent

hmm i'm considering going steelix for a psychic check and then skunktank for a defogger.

alright just editted it thanks for the suggestions n_n

Last edited:
Reactions: g
Hey, would it be possible for me to get a team based around a core of Quagsire and Spiritomb? I tend to do well with stall sets, with at least one heavy wallbreaker phaser, and a cleric to get rid of nasty status on my stalling mons. I'm used to dealing with Mono, which has some pretty heavy restrictions on teambuilding, so the number of options for support is a bit staggering. Thanks for considering my post, and I hope I'm not being too unrealistic. >_>

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

FUCK FERALIGATR (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Emboar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Rest

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

The team's aim is to abuse SpecsMow as much as possible, so I started looking out for its weakness and the mons that it has trouble breaking. One that I noticed immedialely was that Rotom had trouble against Cresselia, so I had to get my trusty companion SD Drapion, that can clean games if played right and can also beat bulky Psychics which was crucial for Rotom-Mow to work. Next up, since Rotom was Specs and not Scarf, it could not beat Feraligatr after one Dragon Dance, and Feraligatr is really common and is a huge threat, so I added Seismitoad to the team for its ability to handle Feraligatr really well, and it also functions as the team's check to other threatening physical wallbreakers like Tyrantrum. Grass Knot is on there to hit Feraligatr for decent damage. Since the team had troubles breaking apart Steel Types, I had to add BandBoar to help break Steels and force switches for favourable matchups for my other team members, and it pretty much could hit anything hard on the switch, which explains its presence on the team. I wanted a secondary check to bulky Psychics and also a secondary check to Tyrantrum, so Mega Steelix went on the team. Finally, since the team needed a fighting check, Reuniclus went on the team, since it could also function as a win condition against opposing stall teams. Focus Blast over Shadow Ball for opposing Mega Steelix and Houndoom, since the team isn't weak to Doublade, Shadow Ball is not really needed.

Other Options
Aqua Tail>Earthquake on Drapion for Rhyperiors if you feel the need
Scarf>Band on Emboar for speed control as suggested by Schaff

Last edited:
i really wanted to have a team with drapion and whimsicott, they both help each other out greatly. Drapion can set up on the likes of doublade, cresselia, and other bulky mons while whimsicott is a nice check to waters and ground types. I was thinking hazard stacking offense would be nice, as drapion and whimsicott can really put on pressure, especially with whimsicott being able to u turn out of things and keeping momentum.

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake/Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-Turn

:]

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Technetium43

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Heavy Slam

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Ok, so i got your team right here. Not much the two mons fit on playstyle wise besides stall. To support those 2 mons i but togetic to switch in to meloetta and other strong special wall breakers. Alomomola is the wish passer i chose seeing as it's one of the best. Steelix is the slow set up sweepers which can beat pinsir at some points if they are mold breaker and quagsire can't beat it. Druddigon is the stealth rocker and another special tank . Not much you can say about stall. But beware of CM Xatu seeing as stored power bypasses unaware. Dragon dance Tyrantrum could be a problem if quagsire gets weakened.

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

Drapion @ Black sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-Turn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Blast

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Psychic

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

thecrystalonix
Asked him if i could go for a more balanced build, he said he didn't mind.
I decided to go with bold whimsicott instead of the life orb set since I feel it checks fighting types a little bit better as well as having more longetivity,next I decided to go with spD drapion instead of the lum swords dance set for the same reason. After that I obviously still needed rocks so I went with Rhyperior, providing us with a nice fire check as well as the team's obligatory bird check. Next I decided to run meloetta+dugtrio core, seeins as how I had a tpikes user and all of melo's checks are either poison types or steel types(or spiritomb), decided to go with substitute dugtrio to make sure skuntank and houndoom are trapable. For the last slot I have life orb clawitzer which I feel is a great partner for meloetta, being able to get in after a uturn and fire off a strong hit versus most(if not all)of mello's usual switch ins(steelix takes 40-47 from duggy's eq so you can't trap it right away).
Note:skuntank would probably fit the team on drapion's slot a bit better if you want to try that out.

A team with cinccino and hyper stack would be really cool. Cinccino can spam tail slap after the opponents pokes have switched in a few times which will widdle them down to were cinccino can end off with GG n_n. This could be used as my signature team for ru cause people always ask me why i don't use cinccino if my username is "cinccino for ubers"

Hello, what I am looking for is a team that hates on pokemon that try to remove hazards, hazard removal hate esk. The mons are: Accelgor, Whimsicott, and Golurk. From experience I've learned that no guard dy punch hits really hard, and lefties is also really nice support. Acell is acell, final gambit is always a nice free kill. And then whim is just really annoying and really run, i was trying dual stab with encore and tailwind, but not sure on the best support. Thank you very much if you decide to do a team, I appreciate it a lot : D

aight, i got permission from gorex to drop another core. I really wanted a team with mega cam and virizion, they both cover eachother well, mega rupt nukes grass types and steels like doublade and escavalier. Virizion on the other hand is able to handle bulky waters, grounds, and check support cobalion easier. these both lose to psychics tho, i need help.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
(i found this on the qc, idk if its the best spread)

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
(idk final)
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 6.06.58 PM.png

thecrystalonix - Virizion + Camerupt Team - built by galbia

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Taunt
- Aqua Tail

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Slowking @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Scald
- Fire Blast
I very much appreciate Camerupt's qualities as a Stealth Rock setter and Virizion ability to manhandle Alomomola put together as a core that can threaten your average RU team. Basically i paired Camerupt with another Pokemon that can take advantage of Alomomola in case it is too early to possibly burn Virizion's Lum Berry as well as a Fighting resistance in Qwilfish (also helps w/ Crustle). Drapion was added as an additional Psychic-type check and Amoongus check (absorbs Tspikes for the following mon too). Meloetta just made sense to handle a variety of special attackers including Exploud (don't switch it in lol) and Slowking as both a lure for opposing Drapion (you OHKO with Scald pretty much everytime) and as an answer to opposing Slowking when bringin in Meloetta is not safe.

Hey, cool thread here :]
How about building something around Abomasnow-Mega and Delphox? They have a good synergy and check their threats each other. If anyone accept that, I don´t have any preferences about the playstyle.

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
cinccino for ubers

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Since the request was for Cinccino, it is of course the first mon of the team. And like since you wanted hazard stack to go along with Cinccino to help it have an easier time, we went with lead Crustle, because with Sturdy, it can normally get up two hazards with ease, which can help support the other team members. Next up, we have Scarf Rotom-Mow because of all the Dragon Dance Feraligatrs running around lately, and Rotom-Mow can still beat it after a Dragon Dance and you don't even have to predict which offensive move to click as both STABs are super-effective against Feraligatr. The next team member that went on was Jellicent due to its ability to handle most bulky Psychics and most Fighting-types in the tier and also for a secondary check to Alomomola. SubSD Cobalion was the next mon on the team as it was a secondary check to bulky Psychics and it can sweep teams if played right. Last mon was Delphox due to the team's weakness to Escavalier and also as a secondary switch-in to Fighting-type mons.

Do note that after these batch of teams, requests for teams built around mons that are C rank and below are not allowed as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C+ rank is still allowed)

Last edited:

Natural Talent

MstrCpr

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

I took a more offensive approach to the team. With Golurk being unviable but having pretty nice niche in setting up rocks and spin blocking. I decided to make this sort of a tail wind team. I have hitmonlee as a wail breaker and spinner. Whimisicott is my feraligatr check. Reuni is the set up sweep to either weaken teams or setup late or mid game. Magneton and Accelgor create a volt - turn core. while magneton gets slow volt switches accelgor gets fast u-turns. Accelgor also outspeed +1 feraligatr even when jolly. Wasn't really sure how to go about the team but this is what I came up with.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's actually very similar to a team I literally built in 5 minutes 30 mins ago:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Glare
- Dragon Tail

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Rapid Spin

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Lazy/don't really have time to add a description but it p much functions the same except I use scarf lee for spinning + revenge killing, qwilfish as a suicide lead/t.spikes absorber if needed and phys defensive drudd w/ rocky helmet as my SR setter, and SubSD cobalion along with DD gatr, as well as LO Whimsicott to lure doublade and hit it with s.ball and in general being a good cleaner against offense, and soft checks things like BD slurpuff with encore
edit: welp, didn't take long for this team to get outdated lol. Feraligatr is banned.

gonna bring this up again cuz I tested it and it's pretty good I think ;o approved by galbia, built by arikado.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Glare
- Dragon Tail

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Taunt

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Rapid Spin

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

So this was built with two things in mind: a DD gatr sweep or an SD Cobalion sweep, so naturally I started with both of them. I moved on to think of hazard setters and of course I thought no other than Qwilfish. It's fucking amazing right now because of it being able to set up both spikes and t.spikes while having taunt and explosion. I used physically defensive rocky helmet drudd to check a lot of things with its decent bulk and the fact that rocky helmet + rough skin will hurt a lot, and it's a pretty good stealth rock setter thanks to its decent bulk. I used Fire Punch to poke doublade and Steelix a bit, and Glare + Dragon Tail for parashuffling. Last two Pokemon that were added were Scarf Hitmonlee and LO Whimsicott. The former is a pretty damn good scarfer imo that can also clutch spin, while Whimsicott is used as a sweeper thanks to its speed and decent power with LO, as well as a check to a lot of randomg things like Virizion, Heliolisk, etc. I used Shadow Ball as a lure to Doublade to smack it for Cobalion to have an easier time.

The way this team functions is that multiple Pokemon it lure the same Pokemon; Whimsicott and Hitmonlee both lure Doublade and the former has shadow ball while the latter has knock off, and they can make Cobalion have a much easier time. Steelix is dealt with by spikes + druddigon's fire punch (which does like ~24% to non-phys defensive) who can also phaze it out if its the curse variant, while not letting it spam heavy slam so freely. all this also allows Feraligatr to have an easier time sweeping.

HypnoEmpire i know this is late but still :o

Last edited:
cinccino for ubers

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Delphox @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Since the request was for Cinccino, it is of course the first mon of the team. And like since you wanted hazard stack to go along with Cinccino to help it have an easier time, we went with lead Crustle, because with Sturdy, it can normally get up two hazards with ease, which can help support the other team members. Next up, we have Scarf Rotom-Mow because of all the Dragon Dance Feraligatrs running around lately, and Rotom-Mow can still beat it after a Dragon Dance and you don't even have to predict which offensive move to click as both STABs are super-effective against Feraligatr. The next team member that went on was Jellicent due to its ability to handle most bulky Psychics and most Fighting-types in the tier and also for a secondary check to Alomomola. SubSD Cobalion was the next mon on the team as it was a secondary check to bulky Psychics and it can sweep teams if played right. Last mon was Delphox due to the team's weakness to Escavalier and also as a secondary switch-in to Fighting-type mons.

Do note that after these batch of teams, requests for teams built around mons that are C rank and below are not allowed as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C+ rank is still allowed)
Thank you so much n_n

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
SGGT
Delphox/Megasnow Offense

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Switcheroo
- Flamethrower

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Glare

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 160 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Delphox and Mega Abomasnow form a solid offensive core that threaten many team styles. These 2 mons both fit well on spike-stacking offense, so I built what I feel to be a pretty cool example of a spike stacking team in the current RU meta. As I was going to use spikes, I chose to use a special all-out attacking Abomasnow and a scarfed Delphox, as I feel it is one of its main niches with trick. Accelgor was chosen as a hazard lead due to most teams being prepared for toxic spikes and preferring absorbers over actual hazard clearance. Druddigon helps put some form of bulk on the team while setting up rocks, and switches into and weakens opposing Doublade/other physical attackers via rocky helmet and rough skin. Although many teams lack a spinner, I chose to use Doublade as another offensive threat with the ability to spinblock, because spikes are so integral to the teams success. Finally, as Megasnow and Delphox both suffer a stealth rock weakness, Hitmonlee's ability to rapid spin as well as break walls and weaken Doublade was a nice addition to the team. Note that both Abomasnow and Delphox appreciate Doublade being weakened or gone.

Other Options:
HP ground>Flamethrower on Delphox to surprise Houndoom​

Last edited:

Jaymz

This is my way of starting off my posting in the forums. I've been using a volt turn core that hasn't been perfected yet, so I'd like to see someone build with it.
M-Glalie, Specs Heliolisk, Scarf Braviary

Last edited by a moderator:
So Gator is gone, I need a new squad to pretend to use. This time I want a team with Calm Mind Meloetta the god. Maybe with Toxic spikes support because I like poisoning things, it makes me feel happy inside watching Cinccino die slowly. It could me a more offensive team, although I want veer from my usually play style of spamming hyper offensive things so balance is cool too.

EDIT: forgot to mention this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)