Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I'd like a Torterra Rock Polish team to get into RU, please. It's an underrated threat in RU imo

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Cyndequil. and Cowtao

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 24 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 36 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Sorry this took so long again, real life just caught up to me. Started out with SubCM Meloetta as per the request, and followed up with SD Toxic Spikes Drapion, to provide more offensive utility and Poison Jab over a potential Earthquake in the last slot is due to Cobalion leaving the tier and there only being Mega Steelix left to hit, which doesn't even get 2HKO'ed by +2, and it also helps beat Fairies for Gurdurr to be able to function as a late game win-condition. Followed with Uxie + Aroma defensive core to pretty much handle all the fighting types in this tier as the team was looking weak to almost every common fighting type. Went with Bulk Up Gurdurr next, not to fulfill Cowtao's request. but because it helped Meloetta and Drapion break down Steel-types. Lastly, Kabutops to function as a potential late game sweeper with Swords Dance and also having priority, all in one mon, which is pretty much what I wanted when I added Kabutops

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Cyndequil. and Cowtao

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 24 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 36 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Sorry this took so long again, real life just caught up to me. Started out with SubCM Meloetta as per the request, and followed up with SD Toxic Spikes Drapion, to provide more offensive utility and Poison Jab over a potential Earthquake in the last slot is due to Cobalion leaving the tier and there only being Mega Steelix left to hit, which doesn't even get 2HKO'ed by +2, and it also helps beat Fairies for Gurdurr to be able to function as a late game win-condition. Followed with Uxie + Aroma defensive core to pretty much handle all the fighting types in this tier as the team was looking weak to almost every common fighting type. Went with Bulk Up Gurdurr next, not to fulfill Cowtao's request. but because it helped Meloetta and Drapion break down Steel-types. Lastly, Kabutops to function as a potential late game sweeper with Swords Dance and also having priority, all in one mon, which is pretty much what I wanted when I added Kabutops
Could rapid spin be an option on kabutops?

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
It could, but I really didn't see the need of it due to my team not being that weak to hazards and I generally don't like using sd spin, I feel like its somewhat of a waste and I wanted it to be able to wallbreak/sweep

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, to be fair, the team is fairly grounded but the wishpass support help to avoid getting wear down by hazards too much. Flygon efficient defog presence also helps to not be so worried about spikestacking a bit as well. Would keep swords dance myself but rapid spin is definitely an option.

Hey guys, requesting a trick room team built around powerful threats such as life orb/specs clawitzer, specsploud, mega cameltoe, emboar, thick club marowak, guts ursaring etc. featuring setters which could include aromatisse with its important dark, fighting and bug resistances, and immunity to taunt, audino with healing wish, mesprit with healing wish, carbink with stealth rock, explosion and normal gem as examples.

The condition is I want it to not be weak to DRAPION, arguably trick rooms biggest nemesis in RU, with its versatility, resistances to the common dark, ghost and psychic moves trick room teams use, taunt to prevent Trick room going up at all. The SD set is particularly dangerous because stab knock off wrecks the psychic and ghost Pokemon TR commonly uses such as uxie, mesprit, Cofag etc. it has poison jab to destroy mega audino, aromatisse etc. that resist knock off and it has access to Aqua tail should you try to cover it with Pokemon like rhyperior or carbink.

Despite slowking and cresselia leaving the tier, two of the premier trick room setters, I still believe it is a powerful, underrated strat and cobalions recent exit from the tier is a massive blessing, with it commonly running taunt, and being very dangerous to trick room teams with its SD set.
Thank you dudes, excited to see what you create.

Last edited:
Hello. I'd like to request 2 teams, if that's possible. The first team should be a Hyper Offense team centered around Gallade (SD or Scarf. scarf dbond preferred). The second one should be a defensive team should based around Mega Audino (maybe a CM set or just plain cleric, depends on you). I'd be really thankful to anyone who could help me out.
/late

pretty standards balls out offensive team centered on Gallade destiny bonding luring and beating down checks to the other fighting types in the tier and outspeeding and taking out other by surprise such as Sigi and Phox with Knock Off. Glalie is just an amazing mon to splash on offense and even if it literally has 4 ice moves it is still incredible. Spikes+taunt are options too but i like luring and beating qwilfish with freeze dry since they assume you dont have it afer shard is shown. rest is really standard with defensive zong to handle random attackers and set up sr. gallade can also sweep late game with cc in some games
Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Explosion

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Water]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Virizion @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Reactions: rau

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return
I've been trying to build a mostly offensive/balanced squad using this monster accompanied with hazards support (main priority on rocks and spikes if that helps) and it's working decently but I was hoping if someone else could make a squad for me. Dug/Drap are good partners to this mon tho that's for sure [:
still hoping to receive a team built around this monster. even though noiv absolutely shits on it in both formes, i hope it's not too hard of a request for the builders ;;
still waiting ;;
still waiting ;;

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
BurmaAlex i'm working on the request but it is not that easy as it seems as mega banette is not really the best mega out there so it's hard to actually make it work. I have been trying, I promise

RU Abysmal OU Are if you would actually ask for a specific mon/idea for us to build around instead of listing a bunch of mons and trying to confuse everybody, we could work on the request

just addressing some issues, i hope people understand

I would like an LO Sneasel Set. Sneasel is something I wanna test out in RU so yeah. Any type of offensive team is fine.

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Thunder Fang / Crunch

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Pursuit
Standard ass heavy offense. Paired Sneasel with Tangrowth since it handles a lot of the annoying mons that can come in on it well such as Steelix, Alomomola, Hitmontop and fire off strong attacks. Emboar was added then to take on strong Fire-types such as opposing Houndoom and as a general revenge killer. Seismitoad checks Tyrantrum and has water absorb to take on the water-types tangrowth can and also sets up stealth rock. Durant is another wallbreaker that appreciates Tangrowth support and can thrive once Sneasel weakens Pokemon such as Steelix and Camerupt. Spiritomb is added at the end as a Fighting-type immunity as well as a switch in to Psychic-type attacks other than Sneasel.

If someone hasn't done your request its either because you ask someone to build around an extremely niche or outright bad Pokemon or teamstyle. I usually have no problem with those if i have fun building with them but i do first the concepts around which enjoy to build and play

Last edited:
Could you build a team around Lum + Moxie + DD Scrafty (or Bulk Up + Rest + Shed Skin/Lum Scrafty... whichever you prefer) and Scarf Medicham?

Hi, can you build a team around Sub CM Virizion and something that bops Amoongus?

Virizion @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Thanks! :)

Heya ! May i please request a mega steelix + meloetta team ? I Find both really hard to take down and they cover decently well for each other. The sets are very flexible, so almost anything from av meloetta to the hypervoice offense set works, and steelix is just your bulky sr setter. thanks in advance !

Could you build a team around Lum + Moxie + DD Scrafty (or Bulk Up + Rest + Shed Skin/Lum Scrafty... whichever you prefer) and Scarf Medicham?
Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head / Poison Jab

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Flygon @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roost / Defog

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind / Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
This was thrown together pretty quickly but i really like the synergy between team members here. The two fighting types clearly hate Fairy-types so the first step was adding a fair switch in into those in Steelix which also gives me SR. The EVs outspeed min speed Spiritomb, feel free to creep. Toxic also helps in crippling Water-types. I then added Iron Tail mixed Flygon as a wallbreaker that is able to very well lure in and heavily weaken Togetic with a steel-type attack as well as break down Pokemon such as Tangrowth quite handily. I put roost as the main option in the last slot since Flygon is important in dealing with Fire and Ground-types but using Defog is ok if you feel like so. Qwilfish was added then as a switch in into water-types and can easily spike up against Fairy-types too and helps in checking Fighting-types. Sigi was added in the end as a strong balance breaker that enjoys Pokemon like spiritomb being lured and dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)