RU Teambuilding Factory - The Return (Now on USM!)

MrAldo

Bird Enthusiast
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Approved by: atomicllamas
OP based on the OP from the ORAS version
Builders: MrAldo eren FlamingVictini TheWall EviGaro col49 Arifeen Trace

Note: If you are interested in becoming a builder for this, feel free to PM me with your merits and metagame knowledge.
Note Edit: We have more than enough builders + some applications so we wont be needed more of these for the time being

*Banner goes here*

Oh yeah, the RU Teambuilding Factory makes its return! If you're new to the tier, or just need help building around a certain mon/core, this is the place for you. Make sure to read the rules below before posting.

Rules:

- Provide a description(two sentence minimum) with visuals of the mon/core you want us to build around, the set(s) you prefer, and what style you want for the team. (refer to the sample post)

- Choose mons that are usable in the meta, we won't build around mons that serve no purpose to a team. Refer to the Viability Rankings to have an idea on what works and what not.

- Be patient. If we are backed up with requests, please refrain from continuously asking about your core.

- If your core doesn't get claimed by someone after a week, it will be deleted. If no one wants to build around your core, it most likely means it was too restricting, or had an unusable mon.

- Only request one team per week. The thread would get too cluttered if everyone was asking for teams everyday.

- Respect the builders. We are spending our time making you guys teams, and just ask that you don't treat us poorly.

Unclaimed Requests
Specs Zard Sun

Requests being worked on
SD Panda(col49)
SD Necrozma(eren)
CM Meloetta(Arifeen)

Requesting a balance team around Necrozma and Kommo-o. They break down each others counters really well, and Necrozma can dent opposing teams really well so Kommo-o can just Dragon Dance up and clean.
Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Last edited:

Tyrantrum @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I know this isn't Tyrantrum's best set, but I'd really like to see this set work somehow, getting the jump on Swellow is really nice for it, though it does get revenge killed by all the notable Choice Scarf users. Still, if this set is too unviable feel free to use the Choice Band set instead, but if possible I'd really appreciate a good team with Dragon Dance Tyrantrum :)

ceal

Alright Figy-Lax and Nidoqueen was the starting core of the team. Both work great together. Since they can switch in to each other’s checks. I started by checking what denies Figy-Lax to function properly, a Toxic condition. Sigilyph can take on most status with ease due to magic guard. It also works nice together with Snorlax’s typing and bulk. The CM set can abuse most passive/bulky mons with toxic to set up on and sweep while Snorlax has the bulk to set up on the more offensive mons that lack Toxic. The second problem Figy-lax (and the team) suffer(s) from is a Knock Off. Therefore Dragonium Z DD Kommo-o was added. Sigilyph is a good fighting check but being the sole switch in for fighting types can be risky hence another fighting check was added, Doublade. This also relieves Snorlax from some pressure to pivot into every hard hitting move, Doublade being a solid defensive pivot and all. It’s also a great check to specific threats like BD Linoone/Slurpuff, Cloyster, opposing Snorlax and many more. The Bulky steel typing gives the team also a much needed check to Ice types like Mega Glalie and Abomasnow. Shaymin provides the team with speed control, another status absorber and a check to haze Milotic. Healing wish gives Snorlax and other team members another chance to sweep if they got badly statused or got low on health. The coverage of Earth power and HP Fire are dedicated to Revenge kill Salazzle and Durant respectively when either one got out of control. I changed Toxic>Sludge Wave on nidoqueen to put bulky mons like Cresselia on a timer which makes setting up on it easier for the likes of Sigilyph and Doublade.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Curse
- Facade
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

ceal

Alright Figy-Lax and Nidoqueen was the starting core of the team. Both work great together. Since they can switch in to each other’s checks. I started by checking what denies Figy-Lax to function properly, a Toxic condition. Sigilyph can take on most status with ease due to magic guard. It also works nice together with Snorlax’s typing and bulk. The CM set can abuse most passive/bulky mons with toxic to set up on and sweep while Snorlax has the bulk to set up on the more offensive mons that lack Toxic. The second problem Figy-lax (and the team) suffer(s) from is a Knock Off. Therefore Dragonium Z DD Kommo-o was added. Sigilyph is a good fighting check but being the sole switch in for fighting types can be risky hence another fighting check was added, Doublade. This also relieves Snorlax from some pressure to pivot into every hard hitting move, Doublade being a solid defensive pivot and all. It’s also a great check to specific threats like BD Linoone/Slurpuff, Cloyster, opposing Snorlax and many more. The Bulky steel typing gives the team also a much needed check to Ice types like Mega Glalie and Abomasnow. Shaymin provides the team with speed control, another status absorber and a check to haze Milotic. Healing wish gives Snorlax and other team members another chance to sweep if they got badly statused or got low on health. The coverage of Earth power and HP Fire are dedicated to Revenge kill Salazzle and Durant respectively when either one got out of control. I changed Toxic>Sludge Wave on nidoqueen to put bulky mons like Cresselia on a timer which makes setting up on it easier for the likes of Sigilyph and Doublade.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Curse
- Facade
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Hey, thanks so much for building this, it looks awesome. I really appreciate it :]

CryoGyro

restive but festive
is a Contributor to Smogon

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

I'd like an offense or balance team built around Choice Specs Yanmega, which should need no introduction. It's quite fun to use, and I want to see if and how USM's new hazard removal options can help it with its Stealth Rock weakness. I'm a novice battler, so the more user-friendly the team is, the better.

eren

break necks, i'm the chiropractor
is a Tiering Contributor
CryoGyro

Supercut (Yanmega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Hard Feelings (Tsareena) @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Trop Kick
- Rapid Spin

Green Light (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Perfect Places (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Homemade Dynamite (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Sober (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Haze
- Recover

as usual, my post got deleted halfway through so i'll be more brief than i had originally conceptualized. yanmega's set is self explanatory. tsareena comes in as the stipulated hazard removal for any yanmega team. knock off was a beautiful gift for tsareena as it can more easily spin on ghosts while being a more threatening offensive presence. it synergizes well with yanmega as it can lure in and knock off items off of pokemon yanmega doesn't like such as rotom-a's scarf or registeel's leftovers. trop kick instead of power whip to mitigate the damage dd kommo-o and flygon can do to the team. needed an ice resist and a way to counter-act many of the tier's threats, so i decided to add rocks bronzong. it uses iron head to get better damage on mega abomasnow and psywave is the poor man's seismic toss but is the most consistent damage bronzong can deal. needed a fire resist (aka salazzle counter) and some speed control and flygon fit naturally. went for fire punch as the filler to easily revenge non-choice scarf durant variants, which can present an issue if played well. it u-turns on bulkier pokemon like chesnaught which gives yanmega the opportunity to fire off some free attacks. salazzle shares a similar counter list to yanmega, including things such as snorlax, while yanmega can u-turn on certain steels or florges to let salazzle do work. hp grass seemed largely useless at the end of the build so i decided to use taunt—and thus using corrosion instead of oblivious—to make sure the aforementioned snorlax and other bulkier pokemon like porygon2 cannot recover their health, making it easier for yanmega to break through these bulkier teams. milotic is the catch-all bulky water to round off the team. it can counter dd feraligatr which is thoroughly appreciated here. chose refresh over toxic because the one water resist on the team is extremely crippled by toxic. the spread avoids a 2hko from any non-tbolt modest nidoqueen after rocks which can give you some maneuverability if your bronzong gets weakened or if you face a taunt variant that shuts down your stealth rock.

possible changes:
  • changing salazzle's filler moveslot
  • mega steelix over bronzong is an idea. you must be more wary of threats such as nidoqueen, flygon, and mega abomasnow, however.
  • miracle seed over leftovers and whip over trop kick for more offensive presence
  • you can explore a bulkier tsareena spread, but i haven't really given it much thought so if you find something efficient than my listed spread, please tell me!
  • protect somewhere on bronzong's set. most likely over iron head.
final notes:
  • feel free to pm me with your experience with this team. if for any reason, you'd like the team redone—say tier shifts are very drastic or you want a different approach—let me know!
  • very excited to work on this project once again after the successful thread we had last gen!
  • ttrum is being worked on but dd/rp are very hard to use and fit on a team so give the builders a chance
  • thanks for your requests! please post more
enjoy, xoxo

King Wynaut

te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est
is a Tiering Contributor

So I've wanted to use a squad around this thing for a WHILE now, but fsr everytime I try to build with this thing I lose inspiration or the squad fails. So yeah I'm looking for a CLEAN goodra squad. Preferably I'd like the squad to let Goodra put in WORK, not just use it as like an AV blanket check to stuff/ bulky toxic clicker but I'm open to what works!

Requesting a team built around Necrozma. Necrozma is a very interesting pokemon which acquired some nifty new tricks thanks to USM. Necrozma can be a myriad of things, Calm Mind sweeper, Stealth Rocks setter, Special sweeper, you name it! Would be very interested in seeing a team built around Physical Necrozma as that is the one set I have not used.

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser

pokemans_675.gif

Requesting an offensive/hazard stack team around regular SD Pangoro. Thanks to its great attack stat and coverage, Pangoro seems to threaten alot of the meta, especially with SD. Although it's main flaw is being kind of slow, which might make building a bit harder

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

honestly i still have no clue how to build sun despite some attempts at it so thats why im requesting a sun team built around specs charizard. seeing fire resists get 2hkod by sun boosted fire blasts is so fun tbh

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash

MrAldo

Bird Enthusiast
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Exploudit

Tyrantrum @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Head Smash

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
- Scald
- Earth Power

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot / Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Superpower

Thanks to eren for putting the effort on working through the general buildup of the team, I just retouched it to patch up some initial weaknesses (to an extent) and got his permission to post it. Anyways, Dragon Dance Tyrantrum is an extremely limiting set to the point where it felt like a huge handicap most of the time. Too slow to sweep in the lategame cause every scarfer can literally get the jump over it, and too much competition between feraligatr, kommo-o, and flygon. However, Rock Polish can still work with some tailored team support that this team aims to fulfill. Standard Rock Polish Tyrantrum with Dragonium Z so you have that lovely dragon nuke without locking yourself into Outrage, and is a more practical approach than Rockium cause Head Smash is already really strong on its own anyways (and still retains part of the initial request).

Spikes Glalie makes for a fantastic partner since it share many similar responses to Tyrantrum so it can overwhelm common checks so Tyrantrum can sweep and in general it is a great mon atm, efficient at keeping up his hazards against every hazard control option available. Seismitoad is a niche pick, but works really well for the team in question giving me the role compression of stealth rock user + status sponge (otherwise it would be something like a Milotic) and deals with Mega Steelix and soft checks Durant which is something this team really needed to have some comfort. Espeon acts as a form of offensive hazard control since trying to fit something like rapid spin tsareena could cause some weakness to Dragon Dance Feraligatr. Grass Knot is pretty replaceable so you can run dazzling gleam if you ever find a Panda. HP Fire to get rid of Durant in a pinch which is a massive threat.

Scarf Shaymin can be pretty subpar at times but it works well for the extra offensive nature of the threat, and to revenge kill stuff like Salazzle. Healing Wish also allows you to play much more aggressively with this team. Lastly Choice Band Durant can punch massive holes on opposing teams, and is another Pokemon that share checks with Tyrantrum so that helps the dinosaur even more in the late game.

Some pointers: Zygarde-10% is extremely annoying for this type of build so keep seismitoad healthy and you have priority ice shard, scarf shaymin, and tanking a hit with durant if you are over 70%, not much can be done if you dont run a gligar but it is far from a straight loss so play your cards carefully. DD Kommo-O is also rough to face so apply pressure at all costs. Dazzling Gleam can be an option over HP Ice on Shaymin for that reason. Milotic can be rather annoying too, but can be overwhelmed easily by the peer pressure of too many physical attackers.

Hope you have fun!

Feliburn

Take it in your heart now
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
whats good my hermanos, gonna request a nice and balanced team built around felimelo

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

w/ the recent zorark ban, meloetta has one less pokemon that threatens it while it breaks through teams, I feel like this mon makes for a very scary wallbreaker as it can get past plenty of walls w/ ease and it finds plenty of opportunities to set up, show me some FIRE squad

King Wynaut

Tsareena @ Grassium Z
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Aromatherapy

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Toxic

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Spikes
- Super Fang
- Ice Shard

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

I tried using a team where Goodra will be able to patchup some key weaknesses, particularly Roserade and Shaymin to a less extent, and being able to soak up some hits from more passive mons. In that sense, lefties proved better than choice sets, as it extends its longevity and makes it a bit more able to use coverage. I decided on Thunder because it gives a 2hko chance on phys def Milotic while having a chance to ohko Gatr after rocks. Toxic is almost mandatory since it's the draw of the set, with hitting your standard SpD walls in the tier bar probably Umbreon. Tsareena provides some cleric support alongside it, with the potential of healing itself if so desired. I recommend keeping Rapid Spin on that team, but if you want moar presence HJK/Low Kick or U-turn also work, as I noted in another post on that set.

Rest is offensive stuff, with Durant to speed control and Glalie to provide more hazards. Diancie creeps Abomasnow and can lure Doublade quite well with that set, which has been useful for me, but a bit more bulk can be appreciated. I actually used Kommo-o over Gatr, but ran into some issues with it due to spamming a meh typing in this meta, and like it was recommended, Gatr seems like a better fit due to resistances/Sheer Force. SD Kommo-o is still cool, hopefully we get that back because it's a really neat set.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Oh it's weak to er, Durant lol, but it's legit super hard to not be the moment you start running offensive teams. Best leave it as little room to setup as possible. On that you could probably use HP Fire over Super Fang if that worries you too much. Fighting checks are awol, but I tried giving them as little room to setup as possible to compensate.

But yeah, hope it works out. Goodra seemed like a better check to stuff with its bulk in theory, but it has some niche uses that I hope I was able to point out!