1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Rubén Puig Lecegui's Ban

Discussion in 'VGC' started by WisherWisherWish, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WisherWisherWish

WisherWisherWish

I am here regarding the ban of Rubén Puig Lecegui, or RubeNCB92 as he is known on these forums.

Back in March of 2012, Rubén lost his title as the UK VGC qualifier winner and has been banned from all future events with Play! Pokémon. This happened because eye witnesses confirm he and several of his team members participated in unruly behavior at a hotel.

Now let me make one thing clear. While I did not and have not ever worked with Play! Pokémon directly, I did have connections with several staff members. Originally, the ban was only supposed to be for one year. But I strongly suggested that he should never be allowed at anymore events. My friend helped make sure this happened.

Next, to the people who tried making petitions to lift this ban, like Stormfront. There is no point since Play! Pokémon never lifts bans like these once they get implemented.

And finally, I would like someone to change RubeNCB92's signature to remove the part that says "VGC 2012 National Birmingham - 1st Place". Because of his ban, he also lost that title, which was given to Ben Kyriakou.

Thank you.
  2. Sapphire Birch

Sapphire Birch
    is a Past SPL Winner

who are you and why should we care about what you have to say?
  3. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

nobody cares
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

<Duy> the hell is the point of that thread

Duy makes an excellent argument (as does Sapphire Birch). We have no reason to listen to you or do what you say. Ruben can put whatever he wants in his signature, within forum guidelines.

p.s. Ruben's ban ends with the upcoming 2014 season, I believe. Another player's ban, that of Daniel "Zog" Nolan ended already and he was allowed to participate in the UK nationals this year, contrary to your claim that they "never" lift these bans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)