Rude and insulting players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I created an account just to say that there is definitely a problem in Pokemon Showdown where there are many players who are rude to others and who insult others without good reason.

For instance, while playing, I have had instances where the opponent insults me as he/she is losing the match, saying my team is cheap or that I am "cheating" where I am clearly following the rules. Even worse, some players insult me right at the start of the game when they see my team. This happens among the higher-ranked players who are arrogant and look down upon teams they think are lousy.

I've enjoyed Pokemon Showdown and chatting with pleasant players but it's players like these rude and offensive players that make me feel like quitting Pokemon Showdown. Their immaturity just tarnishes the enjoyment of the game. I think there should be closer moderation of the chats and banning/suspension of players who are overly rude or insulting.

PM a staff member (%, @, &, ~) if someone's being annoying or use the /ignore command, there's no need to create a thread. If someone says you're cheating, simply ignore them. There's no way to cheat or hack game mechanics on the sim (unless you count timerstall).

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I created an account just to say that there is definitely a problem in Pokemon Showdown where there are many players who are rude to others and who insult others without good reason.

For instance, while playing, I have had instances where the opponent insults me as he/she is losing the match, saying my team is cheap or that I am "cheating" where I am clearly following the rules. Even worse, some players insult me right at the start of the game when they see my team. This happens among the higher-ranked players who are arrogant and look down upon teams they think are lousy.

I've enjoyed Pokemon Showdown and chatting with pleasant players but it's players like these rude and offensive players that make me feel like quitting Pokemon Showdown. Their immaturity just tarnishes the enjoyment of the game. I think there should be closer moderation of the chats and banning/suspension of players who are overly rude or insulting.
Don't worry, I myself am always insulted racially most of the time just because I bring a Jirachi with B-Slam, there's not much we can do as there are too many evil doers there for the staff to get hold of, I suggest to turn your feelings offs when laddering in all honesty and laugh it off or ignore them

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's replies.

Personally, I believe that the solution is not as simple as ignoring them. The more we tolerate these rude players, the more commonplace their insults will be. More players will be hurt and not feel like playing Pokemon Showdown any longer. As demonstrated from the replies today, this problem is an epidemic that has spread out of control and should be curbed for the greater good of the player community.

Somalia, I understand where you are coming from. I myself come from a minority race. However, it's not possible to simply turn my feelings off. Humans are emotional beings by nature. It's difficult to play with sore losers or arrogant players who demean other players. I feel that a stronger stance against online bullying should be held by banning/suspending these players who have no regard for the feelings of other players.

Instead of accepting rude players as the norm, we should reform the community and fight back. There should be stricter policing of the chats. Of course, my views are coming from that of a law student, so they may seem foreign to many of you. But I believe in justice and in what's right and best for the Pokemon Showdown community as a whole.

That's all from me for now. Thank you all.

Dude you used evasion and didn't expect those kinds of comments?
Evasion is perfectly legal. Moreover, it's "anything goes". I don't understand all the hate against evasion. To me, it's just another effective tactic like boosting stats or haze to remove those stats. Pokemon battling is all about math. I was simply increasing the probability of attacks not hitting my Pokemon. I wasn't cheating at all.

If you actually looked at the match or the comments, they were really nasty and I didn't really do anything wrong to deserve them. I mean, do I really deserve to get "cancers" just because I used evasion?

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Those who are voiced and/or welcomed in private rooms (Usually some global voices) are usually the meanest to me js. Not all of them just a lot. A lot of whom i don't know or battle with.

Last edited:

Good Morgan

Banned deucer.
Evasion is perfectly legal. Moreover, it's "anything goes". I don't understand all the hate against evasion. To me, it's just another effective tactic like boosting stats or haze to remove those stats. Pokemon battling is all about math. I was simply increasing the probability of attacks not hitting my Pokemon. I wasn't cheating at all.

If you actually looked at the match or the comments, they were really nasty and I didn't really do anything wrong to deserve them. I mean, do I really deserve to get "cancers" just because I used evasion?
Look mate, if you're gonna call anything goes, then that pertains to the comments as well. Best advice is just /ignore "username"

absdaddy

Banned deucer.

the best tactic to piss them off without doing nothing bad is smiling as they get mad or straight ignoring them, that being said imo you'd do much better ignoring insults, why even bother reading that stuff. dont let it get into you and its gonna be fine, due to everpresent immaturity and rudeness you WILL see such comments more often so better learn quick.

Look mate, if you're gonna call anything goes, then that pertains to the comments as well. Best advice is just /ignore "username"
What? What kind of logic is that? The name of the tier you are playing doesn't mean you can suddenly insult everyone!

And the best thing to do imo is just report them to a staff member and then ignore them. Just ignoring them means they can still be an ass to other people (and this is Pokemon so there probably will be children playing this as well, especially in AG).

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's the internet. I've been called some atrocious, horrible things on Pokemon simulators in the 8 years I've been playing Pokemon, you just need to learn to ignore it and let it roll of your back. My suggestion is to use the /ignore command or to just learn to have thicker skin, if you're going to be a sensitive snowflake when a bunch of 14 year old's who you're never going to meet are throwing insults your way then I fear for how you're going to cope with adversity in the real world...

Insults are part of the(/every) game. I honestly think you should be banned for your attitude about it, if anything, especially if it was in reaction to something as universally frowned-upon as evasion moves (regardless of tier).

I sympathize with Op. Believe me, during all my years playing pokemon, I've came across many users just as you described. (I still do). I learn it's best to just not entertain them.

PM a staff member (%, @, &, ~) if someone's being annoying or use the /ignore command, there's no need to create a thread. If someone says you're cheating, simply ignore them. There's no way to cheat or hack game mechanics on the sim (unless you count timerstall).
actually i found a way to manipulate stats to be higher than they should be maxed out , but i don't know if they patched it. basically you would put the eve in a stat, and then go into the paste and change the number to anything 508 or less.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
actually i found a way to manipulate stats to be higher than they should be maxed out , but i don't know if they patched it. basically you would put the eve in a stat, and then go into the paste and change the number to anything 508 or less.
This is a teambuilder only thing; go into battle with it and it will immediately be treated as if it had 252 EVs.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the dude is trolling games, then making a thread saying that he got offended by people being rude to him during the fight lmfao

you waste 5 minutes of their lifes with your crap, at least allow them to tell you how they feel about that

this thread is freaking hilarious though, like for real, i can't believe the dude is on high horses, talking like he's some love guru while he plays moody smeargle and swagger klefki
this is too much lmfao

"Somalia, I understand where you are coming from. I myself come from a minority race."
OMFG BEST PART WOULD READ AGAIN 10/10
im dying

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If people are trolling you, either PM a mod or use /ignore on them. Also, you should have known that using luck to win battles WILL get you labeled as a scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)