Rugger

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Good enough start for the All Blacks. Other than the scrum I am pretty happy with how everything went..

Wouldnt it be weird if after all that competition they claimed to have on the wing, they decide to stick with Kahui.. Really not sure why Gear isnt in the squad.

I assume at least one or two other people are watching, any bold predictions? Mine are all pretty boring..

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Its weird cause when I was at the fiji namibia game I was sorta thinking that the linesman dont really stand in the optimal position to judge these things, and I stopped myself from bothering to make that observation, because, my reasoning went at the time, they are just never ever wrong.

Wales don't have good luck with referees being observant in world cups. They caught the wrong end of some pretty suspect offside calling in the 2003 world cup too (against England).

Hipmonlee said:
Really not sure why Gear isnt in the squad.
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, heres my quarter final predictions. I've highlighted the winner.

Quarters

Australia (Winner Pool C) vs Fiji (2nd pool D)

NZ (1st pool A) vs Argentina (2nd pool B)

South Africa (Winner Pool D) vs Ireland (2nd pool C)

England (1st pool B) vs France (2nd pool A)

Semi's

NZ vs South Africa

Aussie vs France (either one, I really don't know)

Bronze Finals

South Africa loses against whoever loses the other Semi

Finals
NZ against whoever wins the other Semi

OK, so my bold predictions is that Fiji will beat Wales to get runner Up in pool D and that France will beat England in the Quarters.

What do you guys think? (Apart from the Aussies, South Africans, French and Argentine because they'll all say they suck.)

Fiji aren't beating Wales without an act of god, they couldn't even hang with Japan earlier this year.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Man, can you believe england are going to make yet another final?

Although I have a funny feeling there may be a spate of injuries or food poisoning affecting large portions of the south african starting 15 for their match with samoa..

Well, Australia lost to Ireland (though I'd assert that they were doing well until the rain came).. guess that means Australia vs South Africa in the quarter final which is actually an easier match than Wales imo.

Any predictions for which round New Zealand will choke?
They will now choke in the finals cause they will play france (I think they will beat the poms) and without Dan Carter france will destory us.

On another topic, who thinks Piri Weepu should be NZ's first-five now that danny's gone? I do. Colin Slade is too inexpirienced.

france in the finals wat. Even if they somehow beat england they're not getting past the winner of ireland/wales.
Student bar by my halls showing the two matches from 6AM on saturday, lets get it

Cooky

Banned deucer.
They will now choke in the finals cause they will play france (I think they will beat the poms) and without Dan Carter france will destory us.

On another topic, who thinks Piri Weepu should be NZ's first-five now that danny's gone? I do. Colin Slade is too inexpirienced.
theyre definitely choking in the semis vs australia/south africa (probs australia) without carter.

also im backing weepu for the position, you cant put such an inexperienced flyhalf like slade, whose barely first choice in super 15 anyway, into a team that runs a huge mix of lines or he'll just fuck up and ruin new zealands back line. did you hear cory janes argument to play there apparently he played in under 15s so he thinks he could do a good job. what a tosser

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Any predictions for which round New Zealand will choke?
I expect that when we come up against any northern hemisphere team our inexperienced first five who cant kick, catch or tackle will be exposed trying to throw ridiculous passes to make up for the fact that the pack lacks any quality players aside from one flanker who missed the game due to injury. Afterward we will try to blame it all on our kiwi coach, because it is hard for us to accept that despite some flattering results earlier in the season we arent very good at the moment.

I expect that when we come up against any northern hemisphere team our inexperienced first five who cant kick, catch or tackle will be exposed trying to throw ridiculous passes to make up for the fact that the pack lacks any quality players aside from one flanker who missed the game due to injury. Afterward we will try to blame it all on our kiwi coach, because it is hard for us to accept that despite some flattering results earlier in the season we arent very good at the moment.

That sounds a hell of a lot like Australia vs Ireland.. exchange kiwi coach for second string hooker and it basically is.

Looks like Wales should be making the final imo, but the French played very well against England.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
BUMP, does anyone have a site to watch the rugby world cup? Four of my suitemates play rugby and I must say its a really entertaining sport to watch live (especially when tailgating!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)