Ubers Sahara Desert

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by RiskVsRewardPlayer, Aug 11, 2013.

1. RiskVsRewardPlayer

RiskVsRewardPlayer

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Why hey there smogon users! I am back with a sandstorm team that worked pretty well. Let me know what you think about this team! (Im not all fancy about RMT's)
    [​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Lum berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EV'S: 252 hp / 64 atk / 184 Spd / 8 spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Stone edge
    -Pursuit
    -Super power
    -Stealth rocks
    Here comes my first member: Tyranitar. Tyranitar hands-down is one of the greatest anti-lead pokemon in the metagame. It always guarantees sand because it is slower then kyogre and groudon, and it also checks some of the non-weather leads. Lum berry allows him to absorb dark voids from darkrai and then OHKO him with super power ( If it has sash, then sandstorm damage will take him out). Stone edge is the least important move, but it does allow him to hit things like ho-oh, rayquaza, and kyurem-W. Pursuit allows him to trap weakened pokes or even weather inducers. For example, if a specs/scarf kyogre is locked into thunder/ice beam, Tyranitar can trap him and do a decent chunk to him. 8 Spe EVS allows him to speed creep normal tyranitar's.
    [​IMG]
    Excadrill @ Life orb
    Trait: Sand rush
    EVS: 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
    Adamant Nature
    -Earthquake
    -Rock slide
    -Rapid spin
    -Sword dance
    Here is my second member: Excadrill. Under the sand. Excadrill is a great late game sweeper. However, weather inducers such as groudon and kyogre, completely shuts down excadrills sweeping capabilities. Earthquake is excadrill's main STAB move. Rock slide gives excadrill some nice coverage since it could hit levitating pokes and flying types. Ho-oh completely get's destroyed by rock slide. Sword dance allows him to boost up his already great attack to dangerous levels. Rapid spin is his other nice niche as he could spin away hazards. Spinning away the hazards is great since giratina-O and arceus grass can funtion better then before.
    [​IMG]
    Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVS: 252 spA / 252 spe / 4 hp
    Timid Nature
    -Hydro pump/Surf
    -Spacial rend
    -Thunder
    -Fire blast
    Here is my 3rd member ( and my favourite) Palkia. With choice scarf, Palkia is a amazing revenge killer with his 4 coverage moves. Palkia eases the water weakness that i have on my team and it could also check weather inducers such as Groudon and kyogre. Hydro pump is better for palkia imo because since there is no rain up, Surf won't be dealing as much damage as it could under the rain, but surf could work if you don't want to miss with hydro pump. Spacial rend is his other STAB move as it is better then draco meteor since it doesn't get the -2 spA drop so palkia doesn't have to be forced to switch out. Fire blast and thunder are it's coverage move's as thunder can hit kyogre pretty hard and fire blast can hit arceus-grass, forretress, skarmory, and ferrothorn.
    [​IMG]
    Ho-Oh@ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVS: 224 hp / 176 atk / 84 spd / 24 spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Sacred Fire
    -Brave Bird
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    Here is my 4th member: Ho-oh. I just recently added Ho-oh. Heatran was here before but i noticed that he wasn't doing to well and whatever he did, ho-oh can do it better, so thank you Steelskitty for suggesting ho-oh^^. Anyways, Ho-oh is here to eases up the weakness against Arceus-Fighting and Groudon. He is also my check to Arceus-grass Sacred fire and brave bird are his main STAB movea. If the opponent is using a sun team, Ho-oh can use Sacred fire to his advantage and hit pokes like a truck. 24 spe allows me to speed creep other sub roost ho-oh's
    [​IMG]
    Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVS: 252 hp / 184 def / 60 atk / 12 spe
    Impish nature
    -Dragon tail
    -Shadow sneak
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Substitute
    Here is my 5th member: Giratina-O and he's back with his odd EV spread. He is my main answer to Extreme killer arceus ( and also RP groudon but arceus-grass can take care of him). With this EV spread, It allows giratina-O to take hits from arceus-Normal and then hit them with will-o-wisp.
    +2 252+ Atk Burned Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs 252 hp /184+ def Giratina-O (24-28.37%) Guaranteed 4HKO after stealth rocks
    12 spe also allows me to speed creep Support groudon/ Standard Ho-oh.
    [​IMG]
    Arceus-Grass @ Meadow plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVS: 252 hp / 240 spd / 16 spe
    Calm Nature
    -Grass knot
    -Ice beam
    -Recover
    -Thunder wave
    Here is my last member Arceus-Grass. Arceus-Grass save's this team big time. This thing checks groudon, kyogre, and other pokes. Groudon can't even touch him, so that's one of the weather inducer down, specsogre can only 2HKO it with ice beam and since im faster, I'll be able to 2HKO kyogre before he does ( and if he was scarf, then i would have an easier time since i can just paralyze him). Ice beam gives arceus-grass some nice coverage ( Excluding fire types). Recover is obligatory since a recovery move is a must on a defensive poke. Thunder wave stops alot of sweepers. Mewtwo is the biggest threat to my team, but when i paralyze him, he will be dealed with easier, Scarf palkia get's completely shut down by t-Wave so does scarf kyogre,the lati twins also get's completely shut down by T-wave, and let's not forget about Arceus-Ghost which also gets shut down by t-wave. I didn't think arceus would need that much speed via t-Wave, so i went for a calm nature with only 16 speed EVS so i can outspeed neutral natured base 90's. As you can see, Arceus-Grass is like the glue of my team.
    CONCLUSION:
    Well, there you have it: My uber Sand storm team. If you have any suggestion on what to take out/ change, let me know since all suggestion's will be considered^^
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. RiskVsRewardPlayer

RiskVsRewardPlayer

IMPORTABLE:
    Code:
    Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 64 Atk / 252 HP / 184 SDef / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Spacial Rend
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
    EVs: 224 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spd / 24 spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Substitute
    - Roost

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Substitute
    - Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    Ohshetitsazubat and scotti like this.
  3. Steelskitty

Steelskitty

Nice team.

Defensively it seems quite capable, but it has a few issues with certain sweepers. Rock Polish Groudon in particular (specifically, the variant that runs Rock Polish/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Dragon Claw (or Eruption in the last slot) is able to break through 5 members of your team with ease and is especially painful if it sets up on Tyranitar, though either Grassceus or Giratina checks it depending on the moves it runs. However, once those potential checks die, it's all downhill from there. Also, if Groudon and Ho-oh are run together, there's very little stopping them from sweeping your team. Giratina, your main physical wall, can't honestly do anything to Ho-oh besides phaze it with a weak Dragon Tail (admittedly, Ho-oh is bothered by phazing, but only if there's Stealth Rock on the field), and even Tyranitar and Heatran have to worry if the Ho-oh is running Earthquake. Grassceus is destroyed by Ho-oh's dual STABs and is setup fodder for the Ho-oh if it has substitute. Ho-oh laughs off all of Palkia's attacks besides an inaccurate Thunder, and Ho-oh either outspeeds Excadrill if it isn't in sand or has a substitute up by the time it comes in.

I suggest running a speedcreeping, subroost Ho-oh of your own (Substite/Brave Bird/Sacred Fire/Roost with Life Orb, though Leftovers also works in Sand to prevent the recoil from adding up too much) in place of Heatran to remedy this. 224HP/176Atk/84Sp.Def/24Spe works wonders, providing beautiful synergy with the rest of your team and more general usefulness than Heatran overall. 24 Speed EVs let you outpace other Subroost Ho-ohs (which are the most common variant) and Groudon won't get a chance to set up against your blazingly powerful Sacred Fire. However, keep in mind that you won't be able to switch in on either of them should they get the chance to set up, so consistent offensive pressure is necessary.
    RiskVsRewardPlayer likes this.
  4. RiskVsRewardPlayer

RiskVsRewardPlayer

Thank you for the suggestion^^. I'll give ho-oh a try as it seems it does fit well on my team.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)