Resource Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://pastebin.com/Lb7Bpt3Z

This is a solid team I put together a few weeks ago. It uses some of the top threats in the current meta, with a few unique sets. The main goal is to sweep with Scraggy, once fighting-types, fairies, poison-types, and ghost types are weakened or KOed (they can be problematic, but sometimes Scraggy can weaken them himself). Meditite is the standard set, with Poison Jab to help KO fairies for Scraggy. Scarf Pawniard is used due to the extra assurance against Ghost-types and it's ability to clean lategame. The Murkrow set used here is a pretty unique, and surprisingly effective set. Generally you want to set up a substitute to scout your opponent's move choice, and if you need to hit it with thief, keep using Substitute until you use up your Berry Juice. Thunder Wave lets Murkrow check Misdreavus very well, given that most go for Will-O-Wisp on the first turn, when you would set up your Substitute. Be sure to use Thunder Wave only when your sub is still up, otherwise you risk taking a large chunk of damage. Brave Bird is best used on weakened foes or fighting-types, preferably when you will take limited recoil. Ponyta helps check Fighting-types and other physical threats by burning them. Misdreavus uses Heal Bell because otherwise this team is extremely weak to status. Otherwise it is standard, and uses Eviolite so it doesn't automatically die to Knock Off. This team overall is pretty solid, but it has some problems handling Poison-types and certain Fighting-tyeps, as well as Fletchling and hazards. Hope people have fun using it!

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
http://pastebin.com/Lb7Bpt3Z

This is a solid team I put together a few weeks ago. It uses some of the top threats in the current meta, with a few unique sets. The main goal is to sweep with Scraggy, once fighting-types, fairies, poison-types, and ghost types are weakened or KOed (they can be problematic, but sometimes Scraggy can weaken them himself). Meditite is the standard set, with Poison Jab to help KO fairies for Scraggy. Scarf Pawniard is used due to the extra assurance against Ghost-types and it's ability to clean lategame. The Murkrow set used here is a pretty unique, and surprisingly effective set. Generally you want to set up a substitute to scout your opponent's move choice, and if you need to hit it with thief, keep using Substitute until you use up your Berry Juice. Thunder Wave lets Murkrow check Misdreavus very well, given that most go for Will-O-Wisp on the first turn, when you would set up your Substitute. Be sure to use Thunder Wave only when your sub is still up, otherwise you risk taking a large chunk of damage. Brave Bird is best used on weakened foes or fighting-types, preferably when you will take limited recoil. Ponyta helps check Fighting-types and other physical threats by burning them. Misdreavus uses Heal Bell because otherwise this team is extremely weak to status. Otherwise it is standard, and uses Eviolite so it doesn't automatically die to Knock Off. This team overall is pretty solid, but it has some problems handling Poison-types and certain Fighting-tyeps, as well as Fletchling and hazards. Hope people have fun using it!
So just took a quick look at this team. First off, I love the Murk set and a lot of people have been using it recently including myself. I don't think Thunder Punch is necessary at all on Meditite because water types are not prevalent in this meta and Slowpoke is really a non-factor. You have 4 Slowpoke counters/checks anyway. What is Toxic on Ponyta really for? I would suggest Fire Blast > Flare Blitz and SolarBeam > Toxic as a lure to Ponyta's most common switch in and supposed counter Chinchou. The removal of Chinchou is extremely beneficial because it helps Murkrow do a better job of punching holes for Scraggy to clean up. Really cool team and consider the suggestions :)

So just took a quick look at this team. First off, I love the Murk set and a lot of people have been using it recently including myself. I don't think Thunder Punch is necessary at all on Meditite because water types are not prevalent in this meta and Slowpoke is really a non-factor. You have 4 Slowpoke counters/checks anyway. What is Toxic on Ponyta really for? I would suggest Fire Blast > Flare Blitz and SolarBeam > Toxic as a lure to Ponyta's most common switch in and supposed counter Chinchou. The removal of Chinchou is extremely beneficial because it helps Murkrow do a better job of punching holes for Scraggy to clean up. Really cool team and consider the suggestions :)
I made those changes in the pastebin. I just kinda got pissed off when I put thunder punch in there cause I never found a use for Fake Out. I know it's kinda weak without LO, but I put Bullet Punch in there cause it's more consistent in picking off weakend foes.

Hey I'm new around here and I've been using this sun team recently... I would appreciate any help or suggestions that you all could give. Tbh I don't know where I am supposed to put something like this. I looked around for a rtm thread but couldn't find any. I apologize if this is the wrong spot! Please correct me if this is the case.

Anyway the team I have been using is a very offensive sun team. I am using the general sun core filled in with other offensive threats. The goal is to wear the other team down with the offensive abilities and eventually get a sweep. So here is the team:

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SAtk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Modest Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Extrasensory
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis

Vulpix is the sun setter. I rarely ever use this guy to attack anyone. If I am in a bad place and need a switch I switch into Vulpix so I can sacrifice someone without giving up to much power.

Bellsprout @ Berry Juice
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 Spd / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Powder

Bellsprout is the reason why I started playing LC so of course I was going to use it! Basic sun sweeper set... I have been having a lot of success with this guy. Anyone I can't 2hko I sleep powder so I can start wearing them down.

Bulbasaur @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Bulbasaur is my second sun sweeper. It has less coverage than Bell so to compensate I ran knock off to hopefully cripple some walls or other bulky things. If I come upon a choice scarf set I use Bulbasaur because it has 2 more speed than Bell so 4 more in the sun. This thing is weak to Pawniard but I can start to wear him down.

Shellder @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

The first of my offensive power that doesn't use the sun. I often lead with Shellder to get the party started and start wearing things down. I run sash on this guy to replicate the sturdy shell smash set of tirtouga. I have been thinking about switching him out for the little rocky turtle but I have gotten so many sweeps with Shellder. I generally get at least 1 or 2 pokemon with Shellder if everything goes to plan. Also my only counter for fletchling.

Meditite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

Meditite is a powerhouse. I don't think that I need to say much about it here. Poison jab for fairies, psycho cut for a STAB that can deal with ghosts, ice punch for birdies, and high jump kick is for everything else.

Mienfoo (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

I am not very happy with Mienfoo... It seems to be useless on this team. I am considering changing him out for tirtouga and running two smashers. My only hesitance is that tirtouga might have problems with the sun out. Mienfoo is a good mon but I'm not sure if it is fitting will with this team.

So there you have it... my first team that I have taken time on and tweaked and such. Please be brutal and help me improve it!

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey I'm new around here and I've been using this sun team recently... I would appreciate any help or suggestions that you all could give. Tbh I don't know where I am supposed to put something like this. I looked around for a rtm thread but couldn't find any. I apologize if this is the wrong spot! Please correct me if this is the case.

Anyway the team I have been using is a very offensive sun team. I am using the general sun core filled in with other offensive threats. The goal is to wear the other team down with the offensive abilities and eventually get a sweep. So here is the team:

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 196 SAtk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Modest Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Extrasensory
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis

Vulpix is the sun setter. I rarely ever use this guy to attack anyone. If I am in a bad place and need a switch I switch into Vulpix so I can sacrifice someone without giving up to much power.

Bellsprout @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 Spd / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Powder

Bellsprout is the reason why I started playing LC so of course I was going to use it! Basic sun sweeper set... I have been having a lot of success with this guy. Anyone I can't 2hko I sleep powder so I can start wearing them down.

Bulbasaur @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Bulbasaur is my second sun sweeper. It has less coverage than Bell so to compensate I ran knock off to hopefully cripple some walls or other bulky things. If I come upon a choice scarf set I use Bulbasaur because it has 2 more speed than Bell so 4 more in the sun. This thing is weak to Pawniard but I can start to wear him down.

Shellder @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SpD
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

The first of my offensive power that doesn't use the sun. I often lead with Shellder to get the party started and start wearing things down. I run sash on this guy to replicate the sturdy shell smash set of tirtouga. I have been thinking about switching him out for the little rocky turtle but I have gotten so many sweeps with Shellder. I generally get at least 1 or 2 pokemon with Shellder if everything goes to plan. Also my only counter for fletchling.

Meditite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

Meditite is a powerhouse. I don't think that I need to say much about it here. Poison jab for fairies, psycho cut for a STAB that can deal with ghosts, ice punch for birdies, and high jump kick is for everything else.

Mienfoo (F) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

I am not very happy with Mienfoo... It seems to be useless on this team. I am considering changing him out for tirtouga and running two smashers. My only hesitance is that tirtouga might have problems with the sun out. Mienfoo is a good mon but I'm not sure if it is fitting will with this team.

So there you have it... my first team that I have taken time on and tweaked and such. Please be brutal and help me improve it!
Holy shit dude I think I ran into you on my Showdown Live the other day!

Anyway, that there is a link to my Showdown live April Fools Special in which me and a buddy use this exact thread to build a team around Bidoof and jump into the LC metagame. Check it out!

Holy shit dude I think I ran into you on my Showdown Live the other day!

Anyway, that there is a link to my Showdown live April Fools Special in which me and a buddy use this exact thread to build a team around Bidoof and jump into the LC metagame. Check it out!
Yep that was me! It was interesting hearing your thoughts and stuff and recalling what I was thinking. It was a good battle even though there was obviously some hax on both sides. (I think I got the luckier end of that though)

http://pastebin.com/YiaYKvCD

This team is a lot of power, but it can also take a hit or two...
Silk Scarf + Fake Out + Last Resort Aipom is one of the biggests threats in this team, and it will OHKO almost anything that isn't resisted to normal...
Abra and Magnemite are heavy special damagers who also takes the scout role..
Vullaby and Tentacool are the "Tanks" of the team, while they can take a hit, they can also dish out some damage and get rid of hazards.
Last but not least, Cranidos is an amazing sweeper. Choice Scarf + his movepool can hit anything for at least a nutral damage (which still does a lot)

Tell me what you think :3

P.S
Im new so be nice :D

http://pastebin.com/h8JEtR1t

This is pretty much the "standard" team from what we've seen so far in the new metagame. The typical way this team plays is to set up Stealth Rock and do some damage with its powerful attacks, wear down the opposing team with a VolTurn core of Chinchou and Fletchling, as well as spamming Knock Off with Pawniard to cripple opposing Pokemon, and sweeping lategame with either Misdreavus or Scraggy.

Drilbur is one of the most effective Stealth Rock setters in the tier, and Mold Breaker enables it to severely damage Pokemon with Levitate and Sturdy. Chinchou and Fletchling form a very effective VolTurn core, sporting very good type synergy with each other. The Chinchou set I run uses Thunder Wave to crippl Pokemon that like to switch into it, as well as Heal Bell to support the team. Fletchling has tons of opportunities to come in and threaten the opposing team with its powerful Gale Wings Acrobatics. Choice Scarf Pawniard is an incredibly effective revenge killer, capable of outspeeding and KOing many of the metagame's top threats. Both Misdreavus and Scraggy are very potent setup sweepers, both capable of destroying teams with little effort. The beauty of using both on the same team is that you can use one to punch holes in the opponent's team midgame and then clean up with the other.

As always, you can change the sets for any of these Pokemon if you so desire, but I've found these sets to be the most effective.

Here have a team prem

http://pastebin.com/8AuBUE42
/
/
/
/
/

The basic idea of the team is to force switches with Trubbish/Cottonee/Pawniard to get enough damage racked up for a final sweep with Scraggy or Misdreavus.

Trubbish is there to wall the shit out of Pawniard/Fighting Types, Tirtouga is a utility SR setter who can revenge with Aqua Jet if need be, and a safe switch in to most flying types, Pawniard handles opposing Misdreavus/revenge duties, Misdreavus breaks opposing walls and causes switches, Cottonee provides team support and an answer to opposing setup mons, and Scraggy is the cleaner, who can also setup moderately well in the face of opposing Trubbish/etc.

The team has issues with Flying-type spam, playing around Drilbur, and some Croagunk variants. So be very cautious around those mons!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a team that I tried for a wile. I apolgize for bad english, I'm Italian.

http://pastebin.com/B4wyuX7U

Dwebble (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Counter, Knock Off, Earthquake

My hazards setter, stack more hazard you can.

Mienfoo (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Use it for weaken other Pokémon for Scraggy sweep

Scraggy (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 60 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- High Jump Kick

Late game sweeper, but he can be useful even in mid game.

Chinchou (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 160 HP / 112 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

A good counter for Fletching, that is a problem Scraggy and Mienfoo

Koffing (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Phisical Wall, with good stat in Defense is a good wall, mixed with WoW he will be a big problem for Phisical Pokémon except Timburr with Guts

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 76 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute, Thunderbolt

A good check for the Fake Out spam, Dazzling Gleam for Fighting and Dark, WoW for phisical Pokémon, Sub for foe switch and Shadow Ball for stab. She's also a good spin blocker.

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi guys, I'm Tricking. I've already done an RMT. This is a team I've tried in the Suspect Ladder with good results.

Moshi Moshi~~~ (Foongus) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 104 HP / 86 Def / 148 SpA / 160 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Spore
- Stun Spore

This is the first member. Two status moves to sleep or paralyze the opponent in order to help Clamperl Sweep. Giga Drain to recover some HP and the HP Fighting to hit Steel types. Eviolite guarantees a good bulk in addition to the EV Spread. Regenerator permits a recovery of 33% on switches.

The cave monster (Diglett) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / Memento

Diglett can traps the opponent. It can KOs lots of pokemon thanks to the ability and the powerful moves. If you need an hazards setter, stealth rock is preferred. If you prefer helping Clamperl's setups use Memento.

Ching waifu (Chinchou) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 136 HP / 152 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Chinchou can paralyze with t-wave, gain momentum with Volt Switch, kill Earth types with Scald and other Chinchou with HP Grass.

Timmy (Timburr) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Classic Timburr Set. Priority, powerful STAB, Knock off for Ghost Types and Bulk Up for Boosts. Thanks to Guts it's a perfect switch-in for Status Moves.

Rugrats (Pawniard) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Scarf Pawniard so OP. It can outspeed and OHKO Misdreavus. Pursuit is for Gothita, Abra and Co. if specsed or scarfed. Brick Break for other Pawniards and Iron Head as a powerful STAB.

Tricking (Clamperl) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 248 SpA / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The STAR of the team!!! Clamperl can sweep an entire team if set-ups with a Shell Smash. Surf and Ice Beam give a nice coverage. HP Grass is essentially for water Types like Chinchou.

Shout-Outs:
Fran17 for EVs and his help in the TeamBuilding

Hoping you'll like this team.
Tricking :mad:

Last edited:
Hello all I figured it was time I dropped in with a sample team I've made.
http://pastebin.com/2wrmY2z2
This team consists of Corphish/Omanyte/Archen/Ponyta/Drilbur and Ferroseed
The idea of this particular team is to use the water core to attempt to sweep.
Corphish is the main sweeper/wallbreaker on this team. He DD's up and then smashed nearly everything into oblivion, foongus spritzee and porygon all stop him if he isn't at +2 with eviolites intact so knock off as many things as possible.
Omanyte is the second half of the water core, he's a special SS Sweeper. He intends to come in when something is killed by the opponent and set-up a Shell Smash to sweep with his amazing coverage.
Drilbur is the spinner and scarfer for this team. He also beats every variant of magnemite thanks to mold breaker and his choice scarf.
Archen serves as a check for fletchling and this team's stealth rock setter. I used eviolite rather than berry juice because I prefered the extra bulk which allowed me to setup rocks easier.
Ponyta this is our check to pawniard and a way to get rid of chinchou. SunnyBeamer is exceptional, at this function.
Ferroseed is a spikes setter and chinchou check I felt this team needed 2 because 4 members could be hit super effectivly.
Hope you like my team
-FM

Corphish is the main sweeper/wallbreaker on this team. He DD's up and then smashed nearly everything into oblivion, foongus spritzee and porygon all stop him if he isn't at +2 with eviolites intact so knock off as many things as possible.
Omanyte is the second half of the water core, he's a special SS Sweeper. He intends to come in when something is killed by the opponent and set-up a Shell Smash to sweep with his amazing coverage.
Drilbur is the spinner and scarfer for this team. He also beats every variant of magnemite thanks to mold breaker and his choice scarf.
Archen serves as a check for fletchling and this team's stealth rock setter. I used eviolite rather than berry juice because I prefered the extra bulk which allowed me to setup rocks easier.
Ponyta this is our check to pawniard and a way to get rid of chinchou. SunnyBeamer is exceptional, at this function.
Ferroseed is a spikes setter and chinchou check I felt this team needed 2 because 4 members could be hit super effectivly.
Hope you like my team
-FM
Interesting team you have there I love it (Poison Jab Drilbur *o*), but I noticed in your Drilbur set that you have 76 SpD; those EVs don't change its SpD at all so I suggest you put the them in Def instead to raise it to 11. Also, on Ferroseed you're putting too much Attack EVs (Idk why you'd use them but w/e) and only 36 are enough and you can put the rest in HP and Speed to boost them a little bit, so I suggest this EV Spread : 4 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 228 SDef / 44 Spd. On Archen I suggest Rock Slide over Stone Edge because even though it has lower power it has better accuracy and a chance to flinch which is always a nice thing.

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hope you like my team
-FM
One thing I find interesting is you have the use of Sunny Day in alongside a water spam core, which may or may not make this strategy ineffective at times. However, this most probably depends on the random circumstances that occur in battles and how you play with the team. Looks fairly solid though.

I have been using this since Murkrow tite era and it still works very well. When i used to ladder, this was always a go-to team for me.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Fast Foo. This basically taunts up leads like dwebble, onix, drilbur, etc. Everything else pretty much standard.

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

I was inspired to use this because of Heysup, i didnt even know about fletch+dig core. It didnt rly existant. It just works so well being steel types and weakened pokes.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 64 Def / 36 SpA / 212 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Swords Dance
Standard Fletch, nothing much here. After Diglett has taken out its counters this thing wrecks havoc.

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SpA / 32 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flash Cannon

The last member of the volt-turn core. It acts as a great revenger and great switch in to to other birds. HP grass can be subbed in for HP ground. But one day i played Naykart and i got walled by wooper. Ever since i used hp grass and didnt turn back.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 156 Def / 76 Special D
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- mach punch
- bulk up

Walls pawniard. Practically unstoppable once missy is gone, beats set-up sweepers very good.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave

Now, orginally this was Elygem but when tite got banned there was rly no need for it. So this is just here to handle missy, abra, etc.

Ok, thats the team. Its rly old but still very good.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/U6Hgvsw3
I have free time, so here is a pastebin of Bro's team
I have been using this since Murkrow tite era and it still works very well. When i used to ladder, this was always a go-to team for me.
I use fast Foo. This basically taunts up leads like dwebble, onix, drilbur, etc. Everything else pretty much standard.
I was inspired to use Diglett because of Heysup, i didnt even know about fletch+dig core. It didnt rly existant. It just works so well being steel types and weakened pokes.
Fletch is standard, nothing much here. After Diglett has taken out its counters this thing wrecks havoc.
Magnemite is the last member of the volt-turn core. It acts as a great revenger and great switch in to to other birds. HP grass can be subbed in for HP ground. But one day i played Naykart and i got walled by wooper. Ever since i used hp grass and didnt turn back.
Timburr walls pawniard. Practically unstoppable once missy is gone, beats set-up sweepers very good.
Now, orginally Porygon was Elygem but when tite got banned there was rly no need for it. So this is just here to handle missy, abra, etc.
Ok, thats the team. Its rly old but still very good.
And here is a slightly edited version of his descriptions so they made sense, although I didn't bother fixing any spelling or grammatical errors.
A lot of the EV spreads aren't ideal at all, but I'd just like to point out that the 36 SpD EVs on Diglett don't actually do anything, so it would be better to move them to HP. Fletchling has unnecessary EVs in Def and Spe; if these are taken away, then we are left with enough EVs for an extra HP point. I fixed these two things in the pastebin; I know we're not supposed to give out our best teams, but I don't think blatantly suboptimal spreads are ideal for players who are just starting out in a tier that already requires unusual EVs.

http://pastebin.com/m8FmxUip
This is a quick balanced sun team, and is able to function for both the Missy era and post-Missy era.
The offensive core consists of a sun setter and a sun abuser. Vulpix sets up the sun with Drought, allowing it to hit very hard with its STAB Fire-type attacks; Fire Blast is used when raw power is necessary, whereas Flamethrower provides a more reliable alternative. Energy Ball is for coverage, hitting certain Rock- and Water-types, while Will-O-Wisp cripples most other switch-ins, such as Archen and Porygon. Heat Rock is used to extend the duration of the sun, boosting both Vulpix and Bellsprout's offensive prowess. Drought also turns Bellsprout into a potent offensive threat for a few turns, doubling its speed thanks to Chlorophyll and allowing it to hit hard with STAB Solarbeam and effectively utilizes Weather Ball, which is a 100, or rather 150 base power Fire-type move under the sun. Sludge Bomb provides coverage to hit Fire-types neutrally, and carries a handy poison chance which gives Bellsprout the opportunity to break through Pokemon it otherwise could not, such as Ponyta and Vullaby, while Sleep Powder is able to cripple at least one of a handful of Pokemon that could otherwise switch into and defeat Bellsprout. Eviolite allows Bellsprout to take weaker neutral attacks, giving it more opportunities to enter play.
The defensive core is Poryspritz. Spritzee covers Porygon's only weakness, Fighting; both are extremely statistically bulky, allowing them to absorb most neutral attacks with ease, while possessing decent, although not particular noteworthy, offensive presence, due to their fairly powerful STAB moves. The two, when paired together, are able to shut down an enormous portion of the metagame due to how difficult it is to break through either. Porygon is able to further cripple the opposing team through Thunder Wave, while Spritzee supports its own team through fairly large Wishes. Wish + Protect functions as pseudo-reliable self-recovery for Spritzee, while Porygon keeps itself healthy through Recover. Porygon runs Shadow Ball to hit Ghost-types, such as Misdreavus and Gastly, which would otherwise completely wall it. Spritzee is able to take advantage of its good physical bulk to act as a good win condition to back up Bellsprout against certain teams through Calm Mind, although if a Spritzee sweep is to be attempted, Eviolite should usually be maintained, or else Spritzee will become much easier to break through physically.
Timburr patches up a few holes in the team by providing a check to Pawniard, Omanyte, and Tirtouga, and absorbing status. Drain Punch is used as a reliable STAB move that also provides a bit of recovery, while Knock Off has decent coverage alongside Drain Punch and can cripple switch-ins. Mach Punch is the team's only form of priority, which is useful for picking off severely weakened threats. Bulk Up turns Timburr into yet another win condition for the team, meaning there is some leeway in deciding which Pokemon's sweep should be played toward for each match. With Timburr's addition, though, the team is left vulnerable to Flying-types, such as Fletchling, and hazard stackers, such as Dwebble. Archen is able to handle both of these, hitting Flying-types hard with its Rock-type STAB, and clearing away any hazards that have accumulated with Defog. Rock Tomb is the Rock-type STAB move of choice in this case because it renders certain possible switch-ins to Archen, such as Chinchou and Drilbur, significantly easier to handle, thus easing prediction, while still OHKOing standard Fletchling. Thanks to Archen's sky-high Attack stat, Acrobatics is able to deal heavy damage to most Pokemon that don't resist the move after Berry Juice has been used up, whereas Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Archen's STABs.

Last edited:
Time to revive this thread with a post-missy team:

http://pastebin.com/2931Qd8n

This is a HO team that relies on hazards to help Carvanha work as a great late game cleaner and the other Pokémon help it out by taking Pokémon that may stop it from sweeping. The basis behind the team is to put entry hazards using Dwebble to help out Carvanha (it's based around the RU core of Omastar+Sharpedo that I had some success with and I wanted to see if it works out and it did). Abra is there to revenge kill some potential threats thanks to its Focus Sash, Timburr is to deal with some annoying bulky Normal-types and support the team with Knock Off (You can run Mienfoo if you want with Taunt to stop some Pokémon from defogging), Archen is to threaten Grass- and Flying-types aswell as Chinchou, it's the offensive set which is really underrated and hits really hard with its wide coverage moves and it also supports with Knock Off (You can run Fletchling instead if you want), Carvanha is the MVP that works as a late game cleaner thanks to its teammates support and Gastly is to spin block (not the best out there tho) and deals with annoying Fairy-types which may be a pain to deal with otherwise.

P.S.: If you want to have fun then this team is the one you're looking for but as it lack a defogger/spinner it's not suggested that you use it if you're really new to LC, this doesn't mean that this team isn't solid (I peaked #1 with it btw) but it's a little bit hard to use even though it doesn't seem like it.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

http://pastebin.com/tc9Z2mpW

This is a balanced team in which Tirtouga basically sets Rocks, burns something and works pretty well in a defensive core with Spritzee (Wish Passer). Diglett can trap annoying things like magnemite, Chinchou (if well predicted), Trubbish and many more. Croagunk and Fletchling are the main sweepers. The second is very good in the Late Game after set-upping with Swords Dance thanks to Diglett's Memento. Staryu is the spinner to allow the entrance of Fletching without losing HP and of Diglett in order not to waste its Focus Sash.

I use this team with decent results in the LC Ladder (reaching about 1500+ in a day, but it doesn't work well in the higher ladder. Hoping you have fun using this team.

:mad:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Some of the EVs above are missing stat points, which isn't ideal because EVs can sometimes be tough for a new player to get used to.
Tricking's team - http://pastebin.com/hhwjqzNi
I fixed Croagunk's and Diglett's EV spreads and fixed/edited Spritzee's EV spread.
Abs Torchpass - http://pastebin.com/RCEvrq8h
I fixed Gastly's and Torchic's EVs.
Abdaddy's Diamond Zigzagoon Team with Floon>Scarf missy - http://pastebin.com/6cksh747
I fixed Zigzagoon's and Diglett's EVs.
I personally didn't agree with some of these EV spreads or sets, but I didn't make any edits other than fixing objectively suboptimal EV spreads ie missing stat points.

While I'm at it, I might as well post a team of my own.
http://pastebin.com/nbR3EjnL
The basic idea here is to force a lot of switches with Mienfoo/Magnemite/Archen to take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed to wear the opposing team down, while Gastly breaks through walls that the rest of the team cannot.
Mienfoo is a very effective Pokemon in the current metagame; on this team, I use it as a defensive pivot to absorb a variety of weaker hits for the rest of the team and easily heal them off with Regenerator. While Mienfoo is in, it can utilize Knock Off to cripple a variety of switch-ins; however, its most spammable move is probably U-Turn because of the momentum it provides, in addition to synergizing well with Regenerator. Drain Punch is just as a STAB move that provides Mienfoo with even more sustainability. Fake Out isn't a very good move on Mienfoo because it just lets opposing Pokemon switch in for free, but it does provide a bit of chip damage; however, a coverage move like Stone Edge or Acrobatics would probably be a much better option.
Magnemite acts as the team's safety net in addition to being great for gaining momentum with Volt Switch; a combination of Sturdy and Berry Juice means that Magnemite is able to survive two moves that would normally OHKO or 2HKO if its Berry Juice is intact and it is at full health, unless it is hit by Knock Off or Thief. With Endure, it can take advantage of Sturdy even with hazards on the field, and Recycle allows it to do so repeatedly, although Knock Off will hamper Magnemite greatly. Flash Cannon is another STAB move for when Magnemite doesn't want to switch out.
Even with Endure, Magnemite still appreciates hazard removal support, in part because Endure predictions can be risky; Archen is able to provide Defog support while still having good offensive presence. Acrobatics heavily damages opposing Pokemon once Berry Juice has been popped, while Rock Tomb temporarily cripples a variety of offensive switch-ins; Earthquake provides excellent neutral coverage with both moves, and most notably hits Pawniard hard, who would otherwise be tempted to switch into Defog to nab a Defiant boost.
Ferroseed acts as a useful check to a number of offensive threats thanks to its great typing and statistical bulk; it also sets up hazards for the rest of the team to abuse. Although this may seem to contradict with Defog Archen, Ferroseed usually has the bulk to set up hazards repeatedly throughout the match; with that being said, it can be difficult to maintain more than one layer of hazards with Defog, so Spikes could probably be replaced by another move like Thunder Wave or Protect. Leech Seed provides Ferroseed with a small amount of recovery, and Bullet Seed ensures that Ferroseed isn't complete set-up fodder. Due to the damage rolls in LC, Bullet Seed actually outdamages Seed Bomb on average.
Life Orb Gastly is one of the most potent wallbreakers available, easily 2HKOing all but the bulkiest of special walls. Sludge Bomb is Gastly's most powerful attack (Sludge Wave is illegal on level 5 Gastly), while Shadow Ball has excellent neutral coverage. Hidden Power Fighting is almost entirely for Pawniard, and works well in conjunction with Substitute to bypass Sucker Punch; Substitute additionally blocks predicted status moves so Gastly can get another attack off for free.
Snubbull is here to check Fighting-types in addition to providing some team support. Play Rough is its obligatory STAB move, and has great neutral coverage with Earthquake. Thunder Wave cripples faster Pokemon so it's easier for the rest of the team, especially Gastly, to muscle through them later on. Heal Bell is self-explanatory; Gastly and Archen are severely hampered by paralysis, and Magnemite, Archen and Mienfoo will not appreciate being burnt at all.
This team has a fair amount of trouble against Ponyta, Chinchou, Croagunk and Drilbur among other Pokemon; it could also probably afford to run a dedicated cleaner to better take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed and the overall offensive nature of the team.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Some of the EVs above are missing stat points, which isn't ideal because EVs can sometimes be tough for a new player to get used to.
Tricking's team - http://pastebin.com/hhwjqzNi
I fixed Croagunk's and Diglett's EV spreads and fixed/edited Spritzee's EV spread.
Abs Torchpass - http://pastebin.com/RCEvrq8h
I fixed Gastly's and Torchic's EVs.
Abdaddy's Diamond Zigzagoon Team with Floon>Scarf missy - http://pastebin.com/6cksh747
I fixed Zigzagoon's and Diglett's EVs.
I personally didn't agree with some of these EV spreads or sets, but I didn't make any edits other than fixing objectively suboptimal EV spreads ie missing stat points.

While I'm at it, I might as well post a team of my own.
http://pastebin.com/nbR3EjnL
The basic idea here is to force a lot of switches with Mienfoo/Magnemite/Archen to take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed to wear the opposing team down, while Gastly breaks through walls that the rest of the team cannot.
Mienfoo is a very effective Pokemon in the current metagame; on this team, I use it as a defensive pivot to absorb a variety of weaker hits for the rest of the team and easily heal them off with Regenerator. While Mienfoo is in, it can utilize Knock Off to cripple a variety of switch-ins; however, its most spammable move is probably U-Turn because of the momentum it provides, in addition to synergizing well with Regenerator. Drain Punch is just as a STAB move that provides Mienfoo with even more sustainability. Fake Out isn't a very good move on Mienfoo because it just lets opposing Pokemon switch in for free, but it does provide a bit of chip damage; however, a coverage move like Stone Edge or Acrobatics would probably be a much better option.
Magnemite acts as the team's safety net in addition to being great for gaining momentum with Volt Switch; a combination of Sturdy and Berry Juice means that Magnemite is able to survive two moves that would normally OHKO or 2HKO if its Berry Juice is intact and it is at full health, unless it is hit by Knock Off or Thief. With Endure, it can take advantage of Sturdy even with hazards on the field, and Recycle allows it to do so repeatedly, although Knock Off will hamper Magnemite greatly. Flash Cannon is another STAB move for when Magnemite doesn't want to switch out.
Even with Endure, Magnemite still appreciates hazard removal support, in part because Endure predictions can be risky; Archen is able to provide Defog support while still having good offensive presence. Acrobatics heavily damages opposing Pokemon once Berry Juice has been popped, while Rock Tomb temporarily cripples a variety of offensive switch-ins; Earthquake provides excellent neutral coverage with both moves, and most notably hits Pawniard hard, who would otherwise be tempted to switch into Defog to nab a Defiant boost.
Ferroseed acts as a useful check to a number of offensive threats thanks to its great typing and statistical bulk; it also sets up hazards for the rest of the team to abuse. Although this may seem to contradict with Defog Archen, Ferroseed usually has the bulk to set up hazards repeatedly throughout the match; with that being said, it can be difficult to maintain more than one layer of hazards with Defog, so Spikes could probably be replaced by another move like Thunder Wave or Protect. Leech Seed provides Ferroseed with a small amount of recovery, and Bullet Seed ensures that Ferroseed isn't complete set-up fodder. Due to the damage rolls in LC, Bullet Seed actually outdamages Seed Bomb on average.
Life Orb Gastly is one of the most potent wallbreakers available, easily 2HKOing all but the bulkiest of special walls. Sludge Bomb is Gastly's most powerful attack (Sludge Wave is illegal on level 5 Gastly), while Shadow Ball has excellent neutral coverage. Hidden Power Fighting is almost entirely for Pawniard, and works well in conjunction with Substitute to bypass Sucker Punch; Substitute additionally blocks predicted status moves so Gastly can get another attack off for free.
Snubbull is here to check Fighting-types in addition to providing some team support. Play Rough is its obligatory STAB move, and has great neutral coverage with Earthquake. Thunder Wave cripples faster Pokemon so it's easier for the rest of the team, especially Gastly, to muscle through them later on. Heal Bell is self-explanatory; Gastly and Archen are severely hampered by paralysis, and Magnemite, Archen and Mienfoo will not appreciate being burnt at all.
This team has a fair amount of trouble against Ponyta, Chinchou, Croagunk and Drilbur among other Pokemon; it could also probably afford to run a dedicated cleaner to better take advantage of the hazards set by Ferroseed and the overall offensive nature of the team.
Couple of things I would change at first glance:
Running double hazard ferroseed with a defog archen is retarded and really just ruins momentum against other teams with hazards. I would just go with twave over spikes because u rlly want the chip on flyspam and twave helps against offense. Also as you said urself fake out mienfoo sux shit. Prob could just go with stone edge because larvesta is a bitch to ur team. Just spreads burns and grabs momentum everywhere. Other than that solid team. Also I find the lack of speed a bit disconcerting because ponyta is a demon and literally wrecks your team if snubbul is worn down (not that hard to do). I guess you can work around it with archen but that wont even work with flare wow wild charge set. Might try scarf trick gastly instead of LO or maybe scarf mag for more momentum and a good matchup vs flyspam. Other than that solid team

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this has been updated with the ones that were considered good for a smapple teams thread. special thanks to QuoteCS for doing most of the work and formatting it

http://pastebin.com/VqgPHT4g

One of the playstyles that I always see to be completely underrated in this meta is sticky web Offense, I really wanted to use the Surskit + LO Bunnelby Combo, bunnelby definetily do a hell of a lot of damage to everything and web allows LO Bunny to basically use Adamant and 2HKO everything in this meta, the rest of the team is used to check the biggest threats on this meta like Pawniard(the biggest threat ever no web teams) Fletchling ( which isnot affect by the web itself) and many others.
Its a really fun to use team, as bunny is a really Underrated funny mon and the offensive pressure this team have make it easy to sweep most of the meta, so Bunny is life, Bunny is god, BAN Bunny

a lot of credits on Corporal Levi for make this even better

Last edited:
Frens, dont let that amazing thread die, Its awesome

This time I am going to share an Improved version of BAnnelby squad with some of my RMT tutorial called Eleweb,
Basically the team works with a fast web setter and Elekid that can take care of all mons that arent affected by Sticky Web, So I basically add Pawniard to pressure defoggers and setup Stealth Rocks and Mienfoo to check pawniard and form Volturn core with buddie Elekid, so Bunny definetilly loves webs to be on the field and its let you to use the better way Possible with LO as it is relatively slow (15 speed with adamant) and last something that even been weak to drilbur its kinda pressure people not to spin away the hazards and a 18 speed mon what make it the best Ghost mon in LC

So here is the Improved version of the Bunnelby squad I post here last time

http://pastebin.com/RMRQsREq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)