Resource Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I made this team a while back, around the beginning of Missy-era iirc, and I recently adapted it to not entirely suck in the current meta. It's pretty cool, focusing around a Riolu sweep late game, and the general construction of the team has been used in some high-level tournament play, such as the finals of LC Open (where it lost, but still pretty chill).

Riolu is the shit, enough said. Gothita gets rid of Poison-types that resist HJK, Pawniard and Croagunk handle Fairy-types, and Pawniard handle's Psychic types pretty well (and Riolu can stomp a weakened Abra / Scarf Gothita). There are some funky sets, such as the Pawniard set, but it works pretty well and this thread needed some reviving.

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Copycat
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Encore
- Memento
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stun Spore

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 228 Atk / 96 Def / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Last edited:
Will be posting now an old team that was improving copying my friends GlassGlaceon RMT at least a bit,basically the team soul is the "Glasscore" Spritzee+Ferroseed+Hippo, which can check near the entire meta, Use another bird check in Archen and also a bit of hazards control as every team needs it, use Munchlax because its is cool and glass core cannot deal well vs the Web cancer I start to get popular so here is the

Mexican Kaleidoscope:(With mexican names and mexican edition)

http://pastebin.com/Lr1zbg8x

And I have no life and will always be posting some bad teams here, as I love help people and make the ladder a lot of my cancer teams so here cames one that I get to 1500/1600 on Ladder easily with a 25/0 score on ladder(and them startplaying badly and starting losing,but the team is stillgreat)

Basically that one is what I call a defensive birdspam team, using some mons I like the most basically, Eviolite Archen is the best birdspam check except for Opposing archen, so I used Hippo that can deal with opposing archen, but chinchou became an Issue, and what is the best chou check? yeah Chinchou(Use scarf if archen becames an issue) :), basically the other are a vullaby and croagunk both can check fightingspam and croagunk can check some smashes like shellder and check vanha,Munchlax as bulk normal defensive mon and you have a bad team that can be enough for ladder proposes

http://pastebin.com/U9FP74nJ

Last edited:
Well with the beggining of ORAS i decided to post a team that I made in like 5 minutes, when the new volturn meta arrives people start do underestimate Regenerator, So new generations just dunno how good that thing is,so i decided to build around the regcore of Mienfoo,Slowpoke and Foongus they cover theirs weakness pretty well add the beast that is pony with complement pretty well the reg core forming a Water Fire Grass core with giant type synergy add Licki for stall support and Drilbur for a ton of utilitys

http://pastebin.com/uCNSWRQb

Last edited:

You want to try the ORAS updated Pokemon? Look no further! I built this team a day after the ORAS update and had a lot of fun using it. Skrelp can drop some serious nukes now that its Adaptability ability is released, and is paired very nicely with Gothcham hopefully luring Croagunk who is one of the only solid counters for Skrelp I can think of. Pancham got a huge buff in the moves he learned, and even though not the best fighter, I'm still surprised at how little usage this guy is receiving. Maybe because it still says the moves are illegal in the team builder it has prevented people from trying out the mini panda, but i promise the 24/16/14 bulk he brings with a slow parting shot is an asset. While the other familiar faces on this team have some new toys. Pumpkaboo comes with Synthesis to have reliable recovery over the old Leech Seed it needed. Gothita now has Trick with Shadow Tag, need I say more? Pancham as i was saying earlier, learned a lot of new moves, but this set utilities it learning, Drain Punch, Knock Off, and Gunk Shot. The team has nice coverage and I always enjoy using it, hopefully you will too. Give it a try and find out!

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 84 HP / 20 Atk / 180 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 80 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 76 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 80 Def / 160 SpA / 28 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Lets keep this alive! I'll post the team I made an RMT of seeing as i love the success i've gotten from it, hopefully you will too!

This team thrives off momentum, this play style is very valuable in LC and these top tier Pokemon allow you to do the job quite easily. I feel like this team plays itself and I can see it being a good sample team to get a feel for LC.

Throw (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

That (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Ass (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 76 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

In (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

A (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Circle (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Well with a stable metagame I think the most common team archetype aren't not that atractive, that being said I think that a playstyle that I think was really bad in the past , and I start to build around to make it work, before a ton of discussion with some crazy LC friends , I decided to post my first Rain that is my RMT Wet Powerhouse, Rain is super underrated and I have being improving my rain teams from time to time and I have even using a rain team on battle of the week having a really good battle vs my fren Tricking that is a really good player using his favorite playstyle ( I know you like balanced/bulk offense teams), I Want to introduce your guys to a journey for try different things and feel realized about the meta, because LC is fun

Basically rain is like sun , the only difference is that you have no auto rain(game freak please give poliwag drizzle), but the rain sweeper are stronger than other weather what kinda make its unique, also the surprise factor of a rain team is nice as a rain team is most of the time a team with mons that feat in a ton of playstyle, this team have problems dealing with Sun ,but I have being in the top 5 with that (I haven't being ladder since two weeks ago) Its completely improvable but its a starting point for the ones who wants rain that was the kind of stuff that this thread was supposed to be

Basically this team have 3 setters that forms a volturns core and pass the rain to omastar give him a free switch and gets a kills, Ferroseed and Croagunks are good mons to have on rain team as they are able to utilize rain to improve their longevity, so I wish you guys good works exploring the unexplored playstyle.

http://pastebin.com/uZKtZeXW

To finish: Mambo a huge noob that think this shit is good,such as me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)