Sand is fun.

Pretty bad title, I know.

Preparing for the Genesect ban, I decided to modify my old team that included a genesect and wanted a replacement. I chose Heatran. The old team, for me had peaked 30 on PO's Standard OU. Kinda impressive, but at the same time, could be better..
This is the make up of the current team

Tyranitar (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
This Tyranitar is a fairly usual one for me. Set up rocks, pursuit trap Lati@s, Frail Ghost and Psychic types, the normal. I was debating whether to put Brave or Sassy nature but i went with sassy to take special hits a tad better. Stone Edge is a powerful STAB move, pretty self explanitory. While superpower is used for mainly Terrakion that love to switch into/set up on TTar. I do run the risk of staying in but only after i have won the weather war and gotten up my rocks.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
This guy took over for Genesect. So far, I'm pleased with the output and sheer power of a modest specs Fire Blast, but I'm missing the versatility that genesect gave me. I run a rather standard movepool for a choiced heatran. I do prefer HP grass>Ice mainly for Gastrodon. They switch into Rotom, I hard switch into heatran on the toxic, I HP grass and kill. fairly simple. I wont be staying in on Gliscor or Landorus, so HP ice doesnt help in that situation, and if I'm predicting a switch in, F Blast is a clean OHKO on both of them. Dragon Pulse is to hit the dragons that I cant hit for super effective damage otherwise.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

I'll admit, I took this set from Gr8's team that was very similar to this one (See bottom for my explanation) But I couldn't help but use it as well. It patches up the holes that this team has and it ensures that I dont get my asscheeks handed to me by Keldeo. I love having fun with this guy on sun and some rain teams.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
Nothing much to say. Revenge killer. Powerful. We don't use weak jolly nature. We like to have some power around here. I do choose Rock Slide over EQ solely for when it's down to Terrakion vs Tornadus. I hit Stone Edge and win, or I miss and they win. 9 times out of 10, it misses in a clutch situation like that. I'm pretty sure that if youve ever used terrakion, You'd understand that pain.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another "Standard" set. Not as much in the sand but I do believe that this Landorus does have a higher chance to sweep teams (Especially if I've lost the weather war) than physical Sand Force Lando.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 80 SAtk / 148 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
I tried playing around with the EVs slightly to see how I could find a common ground from very bulky, to decent attacker. The Speed EVs are to outspeed toxic stall Gliscor, The Defense was just to make it an Okay scizor counter. I'm not happy with the 40% it takes from a Banded U-Turn, but I don't want to pump any more Defense EVs into it.

Final notes: Yes, this team WAS the same as Gr8's team he made from a while back, but I can promise you i didn't take anything from his team outside of the Latias set which was a sizable amount of time after I had first come up with the idea of this team in the first place.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Importable
Tyranitar (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 80 SAtk / 148 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Just a nitpick

Use Jolly nature on Terrakion, he can't revengekill 100base speed with a favorable nature and a boost like Scarf/DDMence that can easily grab a boost in face of choicelocked Heatran (Epower, Hp Grass), or Rotom-W 'cause it can heal off burn with Lum Berry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)