ORAS OU Sand Of Chaos 1.0 [Peaked #10]

chao.png

Introduction:
Hello everybody, I created this team based on 2 things, Balanced and Mega Garchomp. Mega Garchomp was never much used in both XY and in ORAS so I decided to show how good he can be. I'm not very player ladder, in fact I hate but as no one tests the teams with me so I decided to play some matches and get as much as i can to make the long-awaited RMT. This team is optimal and simple to use, very good for those who are starting to play. Hope you enjoy!

Screenshot_2015-03-03-13-29-43.png

Team Preview:

Team Building Process:
First chose the Tyranitaur for obvious reasons, since he is the team's base to be the sandstorm inducer
After that chose excadrill and mega Garchomp for both are very good offensively and both benefit from the sand.
Pink-Core or Core-Regen as often to be called, I put Slowbro and amonguus to cover defenses to fight-type attacks and to deal with the Land-T and Rotom-W that both would be great threat.
The sixth pokemon was a little hard to choose and I am still in doubt but I ended up putting scizor that does not take sandstorm damage and even gives us some priority.
Thanks to scotti and alkov i change scizor<talonflame, give me a way to deal with Zard-Y

I decided to change slowking>slowbro and ches>amongus to have a better way to deal with land-i and azull
The Team:

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

The team star, Mega Garchomp hits hard at all. Earthquake gives 2HKO in everything that is not flying or has levitate and Draco Meteor as a second stab-move.
Stone Edge gets a bost Sand Force, great against flying and charizards. For charizards I try mega evolve after successfully kill to outspeed.
Fire Blast gives OHKO in ferrothorn and 2HKO in skar.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Tyranitaur is the most valuable member of the team due to his incredible bulk, be one of the best trapers, SR inducer and most important of all, it puts sandstorm in the game.
Pursuit for trape Lati@s. Ice beam on to predict Gliscor, Landorus Both, etc. Stone Edge is the Stab-move used to kill fire-type and flying-type as talonflame, Tornadus without superpower, etc.

SlowBro (Slowking) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Slowking is very important on the team because he is the way i lead with Mdiancie, Landorus-I, MMeta and Keldeo. My team sucks against spdeff gliscor so i put ice beam to deal with him and landorus. Scald is Slowking's most spammable move, allowing it to keep physical attackers from coming in safely and give a free burn. Psychock to deal with keldeo.

Mitical Falcon (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Taunt prevents the use of healing, status, boosting, and phazing moves as well as the use of entry hazards. Roost helps to stay healthy. BB is the most powerfull and priority move. Will-O-Wisp pressures many of Talonflame's checks and counters like LandT and Ttaur. The Full Spdeff helps against for example clefable.

Chesnowned (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer

Leech Seed give a passive damage on the opponent and extra healing for Chesnaught while forcing switches. Spikes to make a extra damage on the opponent switchs. Drain punch give OHKO on bisharp and recover wich is amazing. Wood Hammer give OHKO in azullmaril. The EVs is to outspeed azull and adamant bisharp and the rest is to do the most possible bulk.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill cleaning up weakened teams late-game after they are sufficiently weak. Iron Head and Earthquake are the stab-move and Rock Slide is to hit Flying-types such as Thundurus, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir super effectively.

Importable:
SharkAttack (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

TTaur Rex (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

SlowBro (Slowking) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Mitical Falcon (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Chesnowned (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer

2fast2you (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Shoutouts:
First of all I would like to thank gggggd for helping me to make the topic. After I wish to thank zdrup that motivated me to start playing in smogon and participate there.
After these two, wanted to thank all the Brazilians players who help me every day to be better. Special thanks to the Falcon, Molgeraa, andjunior, carloos, express century and to all Brazilians and Portuguese players who put up with me.
Alkov not forgotten :P

Last edited:

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Very interesting team featuring Mega Garchomp but the team might be a little weak to a Mega Charizard-Y since it gets almost a kill everytime it comes in safely. Especially since most Charizard-Y runs modest nature now,
CALCS :
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 390-460 (98.9 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar: 480-568 (119.1 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 320-380 (79.4 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Garchomp in Sun: 164-193 (45.9 - 54%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO

Another thing your team might struggle against might be a physically defensive Chesnaught since it takes most hits from your team fairly well maybe except Garchomp's fireblast.
A suggested change to the team that might patch up this weakness might be to run a specially defensive Talonflame
MORE CALCS:
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame in Sun: 128-151 (35.6 - 42%) -- 88.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 133-157 (44.7 - 52.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO

However with the use of Talonflame might mean you need hazards removal for it to check Charizard-Y consistently so you might want to replace Swords Dance on Excadrill to Rapid Spin or changing the Choice Banded Scizor to a bulky variant with Defog, U-turn, Bullet Punch & Knock-Off/Superpower

Thats all I got for now n_n Really cool team featuring Mega Garchomp !

Scotti

we back.
Hey solid team, but I have a few suggestions to improve your team.

I 100% agree with running spdef tflame. I think you should run it over scizor, because your team handles fairies pretty well, and tflame also helps in handling faries. Spdef tflame is also a nice stall breaker, so if mega chomp has a hard time breaking the stall teams, then tflame can help. SpDef Tflame can also spread helpful burns. This helps your match up against more offensive teams. You also keep priority with brave bird. SpDef Tflame also patches your weakness to lando-t, so that is really nice. I also think you should run ice beam > psyshock on slowbro. Your team is pretty weak to spdef sd gliscor. 4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 158-188 (44.8 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal. 0 SpA Amoonguss Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 140-168 (39.7 - 47.7%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal. 252 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 186-219 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal. Gliscor has the ability to roost and sd, until it can plow through your team. You can try to lure it with ttar, but if that fails you are really screwed. That is why running Ice Beam on slowbro is very crucial, to your teams success. I also think you should change your amoonguss spread to 240 HP | 176 SpDef | 92 Def | Sassy Nature. This spread allows you avoid the 2hko from gengars sludge wave 100% of the time, while avoiding the 2hko from diancie diamond storm 25% of the time. This spread works best if you replace HP Ice with Protect. Protect is what makes all of this possible allowing you to get more black sludge recovery. Hp Ice did help with lando, but with tflame and your amoonguss spread. You will have an easier time sporing against it, or just taking it on with talonflame. Instead of running all of that on amoonguss, there is another way to help against your gengar weakness. In ubers tyranitars tend to run chople berry. This allows them to live a focus blast and go for crunch. It also is a nice check to zard y to. I personally find chople berry to be pretty cool, however the only downside is shorter sandstorm turns.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I hope I helped.

Yes brothers talon works... Actually im testing ice beam slowbro! And already peaked 14
I post prints soon
Thanks!

I have to say, I have been testing this team, and it's great! I struggled a bit with Azumarill,( I think band) but it was a great match!

Hey man, I really like what you've got going on here, and while I can't offer much constructive criticism due to my lack of experience, I do have a question about the team in general. Do you feel like having 3 pokes with rock moves and 3 with ice moves is somewhat redundant? I feel like there could be better alternatives that would give more coverage or utility.

Sorry just reply now... I have very work to do lately
No bro :s
My team hate bird spam and landorus-i so i really need that..

Really solid team Mr. Mendes . However, this team has to play really careful otherwise BD Azu gonna 6-0 the team (But BD Azu is much less common now, so maybe it's not a problem). Cheers. :]

Not really... Amongus counter BD azul very well and aqua jet +6 dont give ohko in mchomp and mchomp give Ohko with quake after sr damage

Irrc +6 Knock Off from Azu ohkos standard Amoongus and hit Mega Chomp ~80%. So if chomp is weaken, you're in serious trouble with Azu. I'm on my phone so cannot calc now.

Hey man, awesome team you have there, with little no changes needed other than what has already been said. In say that, I do have one recommendation and that is to use Bulk Up > Will-O-Wisp. While looking at your team I noticed how hugely weak it was to CM Mega Sableye and the fact that at +1, you don't have a single member on your team that can 2hko (baring earthquake from Mega Chomp in the sand and a roll from Excadrill, both of which can get burned). This is pretty huge as auto losing to a fairly common mon is not something you want your team to be able to do and that's why I recommend Bulk Up on Talonflame, as it can actually use Mega Sableye as set up bait assuming it hasn't received an absurd amount of boosts.

Sorry for the short rate, but there was really nothing too much I could add on, as this team is really solid. With that said I hope you were able to get something out of my rate and I wish you the best of luck with your teams future endeavours!

Hey man, awesome team you have there, with little no changes needed other than what has already been said. In say that, I do have one recommendation and that is to use Bulk Up > Will-O-Wisp. While looking at your team I noticed how hugely weak it was to CM Mega Sableye and the fact that at +1, you don't have a single member on your team that can 2hko (baring earthquake from Mega Chomp in the sand and a roll from Excadrill, both of which can get burned). This is pretty huge as auto losing to a fairly common mon is not something you want your team to be able to do and that's why I recommend Bulk Up on Talonflame, as it can actually use Mega Sableye as set up bait assuming it hasn't received an absurd amount of boosts.

Sorry for the short rate, but there was really nothing too much I could add on, as this team is really solid. With that said I hope you were able to get something out of my rate and I wish you the best of luck with your teams future endeavours!
The set is Roost, bulk up, willo , BB, its not Bulk up over Willo.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lmao for some reason I read this in Edgar's voice. So uh shout outs to him and go check out his yt channel dblacstardust [:

Anyway this is a cool looking team, I don't really agree with putting Ice Beam on Slowbro though because that either opens up a Zard X weakness or a Sub CM Keldeo weakness.
Instead what you can do is put SD > Slide on Excadrill. That way you can pressure SDef Gliscor (and other fat mons) a lot better and actually have a means of potentially breaking it or weakening it enough for something else to finish it off. Dual STABS already cover a lot and you won't miss Rock Slide too much considering you have both Ttar and Mega Garchomp, and an Adamant LO Iron Head will still do a ton to Thundurus and offensive Tflames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)