XY OU Sand Rush: "The Magnet Pull Of Perdition" (Peaked in 1850 on the Ladder)

Hello guys, I´m Satelite99, and today I bring you possible my best team; "The Magnet Pull Of Perdition"
This team is actually great and i recommend use it in tounaments, i have researched some finals with it

Introduction: I started making the team one month ago, when the strategy of Sand Rush was the more popular, i thought i should make a team basing on the fundamental concepts; Excadrill+Sandstorm.
Teambuliding procces:
  1. Excadrill is essential in Sand Rush Team
  2. Sand Setter: Here, there are two option, Tyranitar or Hippo, I prefer Hippo because it can take more hits and has a reliable recovery with Slack Off, it hasn´t many weaknesses and it´s a check against Fly Spam, Of course, it´s my Rock Setter, Tyranitar is more usage, it´s a fantastic option.
  3. Dragon inmune to ground: Latios, Latias, Dragonite and Salamance are the options; a lot of resistences, specially grass, water and fighting and an inmunity to Ground. Latios and Latias are probably the best options
  4. Water Type: Azuamrill is the choice, amazing powerful and a great bulk, It stopps Lati@s, Greninja and Keldeo, It´s important to have two checks against Keldeo, specially if the opponent is going to predict a switch on Latias and goes straight for the Specs Icy wind. Greninja and Keldeo are options for this slot
  5. Steel Type who can stopp Skarmory, Mega-Scizor and Ferrothorn: Magnezone is the only pokémon who can do this work, it´s a steel type with a decent bulk, essential to trapp common counters of Excadrill: Skarm, Mega-Scizor and Ferrothorn, it can also trapp mega-mawile and Specially defensive heatran to do a good damage
  6. Grass Type who stopps Landorus-T and Rotom-W: Grass Type who can stopps Landorus-T and Rotom-W, inmunity to spore, leech seed and sleep powder. Breloom ad Chesnaught are two goods options
The teambuildng procces was really quickly, to choose the sets was more difficult, I think there are more options, but i really like these six pokémon

Team Preview:

Well, now I´m going to explain the movesets:

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 112 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slack Off​

Hippowdon is the Sand Setter, it can also set up rocks and has a reliable methode of recovery with Slack Off, Earthquake for STAB and Rock Slide to can hit flying types like Thundurus, Talonflame or Pinsir, Stone Edge is an option, but Stone Miss is terrible.
The Ev´s; Max Hp, 140 SpDef to can resist Hp ice of Thundurus, Hp ice of Manectric or Shadow Balls of Aegislash. Hippowdon is a fantastic mixed wall without pretty bad weaknesses, obviously, don´t stay in against things like Keldeo, please

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Substitute​

Excadrill is really important, a great revenge killer and Late Game Cleaner thanks its ability Sand Rush, an amazing attack and a good coverage, Adamant nature to do a lot of damage in all things, this exca really doesn´t need outspeed others Excadrill because we have a Hippowdon and a Breloom who can do it. Earthquake and Iron Head for STAB, Rock Slide to Flying types adn Substitute to Avoid Sucker Punch of Mega-Mawile and Bisharp and can sweep better. The ev´s spepread is really simple: Max Att, Max Speed​

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Healing Wish
Latias is good option in Sand Rush Teams, a fantastic special bulk, great speed and an inmunity of ground moves, Draco Meteor is an Strong STAB, Psyshcok to Mega-Venusaur and Chansey and Surf to can hit Heatran super efective, finally Healing wish to support an Excadrill sweep in the late game, fantastic option because recover is worst, in sandtorm with LO Latias lost much Hp and it can´t stall very well, Healing Wish is the best option. The Ev´s are really simple: Max Speed and Max SpAtt

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Azumarill is the Water type, with a fantastic special bulk thanks Assault Vest and an amizing Attack, Azumarill is a threat in the meta, Play Rough is a really powerful STAB, Waterfall for STAB, Aqua Jet for Priority and Knock Off to break stall and can hit Aegislash, if Aegislash is banned, according to my information will be yes, you can use it with SuperPower to can hit Ferrothorn, but Anyway Knock Off is a fantastic option. Azumarill stopps many threats like Keldeo, Greninja and Latios. The Ev´s in Speed are to Outspeed Tranitar, Clefable and Sylveon

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spore
- Protect
- Leech Seed​

This pokemon is really important, can absorb spores of Offensive Brelooms and it can hit hard it, Posion heal is a fantatic ability to stall a lot of things, it stopps Garchomp, Bisharp, Excadrill, Rotom-W, Landorus-T. Spore is essential in Breloom, Drain Punch for STAB and Offensive recovery move, Leech Seed to be more annoying and protect to be the nightmare of the opponent. I don´t know why i can describe this set, but is really good, surprise factor and an amazing recovery, Deffensive Breloom is probably the best pokémon to support this team, i recommend a lot use it. The Ev´s are simple: Max Hp and Max Deffense.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
The star of the Team; Magnezone, it can trapp Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Mega-Scizor and kill them in one hit, it´s my steel Type, it has a decent bulk and it´s a possible switch on Mega-Venusaur, Flasch Cannon Specs kills Landorus-I after Stealth Rocks, it´s a faantastic new, Magnezone can also does a lot of damage in Gliscor, Landorus-T or Hippowdon, Magnezone van hit really hard bulky grounds. Of course two electric STABs, Volt Switch for Momentum and Thunderbolt to hit strong, HP fire for Ferrothorn and Scizor. The Ev´s a are simple, Max SpAtt Modest and Max Speed to outspeed heatran, Skarmory, Mega-Scizor...

Well this is my team, i hpoe you have enjoy with this team, and if you has any suggestions to improve this team, I'll be happy to hear, See you soon!

Importable Team: http://pastebin.com/8119DiXF

"The Magnet Pull Of Perdition" by Satelite99

This is a very well built team that I'd hate to face in battle lol. However, Magnezone and Breloom are more predictable than you think, so it requires honed skill to use your team well. Nevertheless, what kind of team that doesn't require skills to play lol. One thing more is once Hippowdon is down, your team may have a hard time dealing with Banded Talonflame, because if you predict wrong, it ensures to take out one of your member. Anyway, nice team and good luck ;)

This is a very well built team that I'd hate to face in battle lol. However, Magnezone and Breloom are more predictable than you think, so it requires honed skill to use your team well. Nevertheless, what kind of team that doesn't require skills to play lol. One thing more is once Hippowdon is down, your team may have a hard time dealing with Banded Talonflame, because if you predict wrong, it ensures to take out one of your member. Anyway, nice team and good luck ;)
Of course, if your opponent is a good player, you have to predict a lot of things like when you must switch on Magnezone, but it´s normal. Choice Band Talonflame is revenge by Excadrill and magnezone can resist Brave Bird pretty well

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey, solid team and a pretty interesting Breloom set so I'll mostly suggest EV Changes here. On Hippowdon, I would move the 4 EVs in attack into Defense. You don't achieve any particular KOs with the extra 4 attack and, without Leftovers, every little bit of extra bulk helps. On Latias, I would consider using Roost over Surf as between Hippowdon, Excadrill, Azumarill and even Magnezone in a pinch, your team has Heatran covered rather well. Roost allows you to stay alive all game and makes you a lot less weak to both Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur as you now have something that can repeatedly take both of their attacks. You also forgot to place the last 4 EVs. In my opinion, running that much speed is a waste on Assault Vest Azumarill as it really compromises its ability to effectively take on Pokemon such as Greninja. Add to that the fact that you already cover Fairy types with both Magnezone and Excadrill and nothing on your team barring Latias really cares about Tyranitar, and I'd just place most of your Speed EVs in HP. Like I said, the team is pretty solid so there wasn't really too much to change.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hey, solid team and a pretty interesting Breloom set so I'll mostly suggest EV Changes here. On Hippowdon, I would move the 4 EVs in attack into Defense. You don't achieve any particular KOs with the extra 4 attack and, without Leftovers, every little bit of extra bulk helps. On Latias, I would consider using Roost over Surf as between Hippowdon, Excadrill, Azumarill and even Magnezone in a pinch, your team has Heatran covered rather well. Roost allows you to stay alive all game and makes you a lot less weak to both Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur as you now have something that can repeatedly take both of their attacks. You also forgot to place the last 4 EVs. In my opinion, running that much speed is a waste on Assault Vest Azumarill as it really compromises its ability to effectively take on Pokemon such as Greninja. Add to that the fact that you already cover Fairy types with both Magnezone and Excadrill and nothing on your team barring Latias really cares about Tyranitar, and I'd just place most of your Speed EVs in HP. Like I said, the team is pretty solid so there wasn't really too much to change.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
First, 4 Ev´s don´t matter, i prefer surf over roost bacause i don´t like Gliscor, it could be a Nightmare for this team and your Azumarill´s set is OK, i am gonig to edit it

Hey this is a great team overall, its very well made and quite a lot of thoughts are put into this. Gratz on the final product! :]
Nothing major needs to be changed, so I'll only suggest the following:

1. Excadrill
I'm not knocking Substitute, and your argument to dodge Sucker from Bisharp and Mawile is really valid, but tbh I find running it a waste of a moveslot. Firstly, you have a physically defensive Breloom that can readily handle Bisharp, since it won't mind Knock Off after Toxic Orb activates anyway (also resistance). Also if you wanna dodge Sucker Punch, SD is better in my opinion, but that'd come down to a couple of mind games. The thing is, with Life Orb and Sub, Excadrill is going to get worn down really quickly. That is unwise because it is basically your team's only answer to a +2 Mega Pinsir under sand. Because of this, I suggest running SD or Rapid Spin > Substitute, and also Air Balloon > Life Orb (will explain this shortly)
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

2. Breloom
Protect can be good to get back alot of recovery, but all you're doing is wasting your sand turns at the same time. I strongly suggest running Substitute > Protect, and pull off the ol' so common SubSeed combo. You can easily get a free sub against opposing Rotom-W since you're immune to Burn (provided Toxic Orb activated), so thats nice. You could also try Focus Punch > Drain Punch, but thats all up to you. Sub > Protect is still strongly recommended though.

3. Latias
Like user Unbirthday mentioned, Roost is very important to keep Latias healthy, especially since its going to get worn down very quickly by Sand + LO. So I do, like Unbirthday, recommend Roost > Surf. You mentioned Gliscor, but because I recommended Air Balloon on Exca earlier, Exca can now fully wall the standard SubTox Gliscor set.

That should be everything. Hope you benefited from this, cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)