ORAS OU Sand semi hyper offense

Is this team good

• Total voters
okay i want to get my team rated i am 98th on the ladder right now (maybe lower if you read this) i started this team with mega diancie this team had some changes like
it had landorus over excadrill
latios had defog
i have a little problem with talonflame but pursuit is a ohko with rocks and if they switch
if you want to try this team here it is:
Crystal (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
the 32 attack EVs are to have moreg then a 50% change to ohko specially defensive togekiss and have over a 30% change to ohko zapdos. this is a pretty standard set for a mega diancie but i only have 32 EVs in attack. i wanted to use diancie because there is a sableye suspect test going on and i was'nt able to use it

Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
i decided to add tyranitar to this team because it can take some hits. mega diancie is really frail so i needed something to takes hits for me. assault vest was a last minute idea because i needed something to take some special hits.

Thorn (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
Ferrothorn is one of the best stealth rockers in the game. it stays extremly long on the field if your opponent does'nt have any fire move. it is also immune to sandstorm damage and that is nice because this team is kinda sand based. the only real treath to it is talonflame

Runsack (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
excadrill is by far the best pokemon to pair with tyranitar. it can do a nice amout of damage to rotom wash that is important because how this team looks with these 3 pokemon they extremly weak to rotom wash. and with sand rush it is able to outspeed a lot of treaths

Latias (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
the reason why latios is on my team is that this team without it gets rekt by a magnezone. earthquake does'nt only ohko's it but it also gets heatrans offguard most of the time people thonk that heatran is a save switch in to latios (besides surf latios) but a draco combined with a EQ gets rid of heatran. you may think: why EQ on latios you allready have alot of pokemon with ground moves i know that but heatran will never stay in on tyranitar diancie and excadrill i will stay in on latios because nobody expects it. it is also immune to ground and that is nice because ground is also good against my team. hidden power fire is there because this team has trouble against scizor at first i had thunderbolt but HP fire gets rid of my weakness to scizor

My lil Pony (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
for the last pokemon i needed something that can clean up the game for me and keldeo is a good pokemon for that. with choice specs it ohkos alot off things. i advise to only bring keldeo out if your opponents team is weakend and that you can clean the game up HP electric is there to get rid of azumarill.

Last edited:

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
With all due respect, you should not expect a rate because you did not provide any descriptions for any of your Pokemon.
I suggest you add these soon and look at the Rules, because this RMT is at risked for being locked.
Other than that, really nice team. Your team has a weakness to Talonflame, though, because Ferrothorn will not be able to setup stealth rocks, and it will proceed to deal major damage to your team, and can U-Turn Tyranitar.

With all due respect, you should not expect a rate because you did not provide any descriptions for any of your Pokemon.
I suggest you add these soon and look at the Rules, because this RMT is at risked for being locked.
Other than that, really nice team. Your team has a weakness to Talonflame, though, because Ferrothorn will not be able to setup stealth rocks, and it will proceed to deal major damage to your team, and can U-Turn Tyranitar.
i fixed it now

imma just start by saying making it look a bit cleaner and maybe some sprites and such, always makes it more appealing and fun too read cause it makes you look like you care and really want help.

i'd recommend a bit of a change with latios, LO plus Sand are going to widdel lati down fast and if they get rocks up thats even more. Seeing as how latios is your best bet for switching into opposing keldeo and rotom, id recommend changing one of the coverage moves to roost, id say eq tbh cause tran isnt as annoying for your team as ferrothorn is, which means you can change the nature to timid.

Another thought would be to change around the hazards, id recommend changing ttar into you rocker and giving it smoothe rock/lefties it still has great SpDef with sand up and if it had lefties on it the longevity would increase quite abit allowing for more use out of it, this would also help you deal with talon better, while smooth rock helps to make excadrill able to keep putting in work even longer. Id say 248 Hp / 80 def / 180 SpD Relaxed, this allows for tyranitar to deal with +1 dragonite and zard X, with the rest in SpDef to aid in tanking hits. giving it ice beam is a great option to help sniping dragonite and lando-t as well as garchomp much easier. With this that mean rocks would go over EQ

One more thing for now is that i would like to recommend Celebi over ferrothorn to help your team deal with threats like azumaril and keldeo better. Celebi does this job well. The standard support celebi set should work well, it helps you deal with water types that threaten sand teams and it also gives you a switch in to status moves with access to natural cure. 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe with a Bold Nature. Giga drain and recover are a must for stab, and to help with survivability. Baton pass is nice to have to give you some added momentum. The last move it up to you, healing wish is a nice option to maybe give drill another chance to sweep or help you heal back up tyranitar, another option would be psyshock to help with fighting types, which would be my recommendation.

Also you dont have to worry much about talonflame u-turning out on tyranitar as the only set that runs it is banded, which is pretty uncommon in the meta rn, but Bulk up Will-o talon could still be annoying if you dont deal with it properly

imma just start by saying making it look a bit cleaner and maybe some sprites and such, always makes it more appealing and fun too read cause it makes you look like you care and really want help.

i'd recommend a bit of a change with latios, LO plus Sand are going to widdel lati down fast and if they get rocks up thats even more. Seeing as how latios is your best bet for switching into opposing keldeo and rotom, id recommend changing one of the coverage moves to roost, id say eq tbh cause tran isnt as annoying for your team as ferrothorn is, which means you can change the nature to timid.

Another thought would be to change around the hazards, id recommend changing ttar into you rocker and giving it smoothe rock/lefties it still has great SpDef with sand up and if it had lefties on it the longevity would increase quite abit allowing for more use out of it, this would also help you deal with talon better, while smooth rock helps to make excadrill able to keep putting in work even longer. Id say 248 Hp / 80 def / 180 SpD Relaxed, this allows for tyranitar to deal with +1 dragonite and zard X, with the rest in SpDef to aid in tanking hits. giving it ice beam is a great option to help sniping dragonite and lando-t as well as garchomp much easier. With this that mean rocks would go over EQ

One more thing for now is that i would like to recommend Celebi over ferrothorn to help your team deal with threats like azumaril and keldeo better. Celebi does this job well. The standard support celebi set should work well, it helps you deal with water types that threaten sand teams and it also gives you a switch in to status moves with access to natural cure. 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe with a Bold Nature. Giga drain and recover are a must for stab, and to help with survivability. Baton pass is nice to have to give you some added momentum. The last move it up to you, healing wish is a nice option to maybe give drill another chance to sweep or help you heal back up tyranitar, another option would be psyshock to help with fighting types, which would be my recommendation.

Also you dont have to worry much about talonflame u-turning out on tyranitar as the only set that runs it is banded, which is pretty uncommon in the meta rn, but Bulk up Will-o talon could still be annoying if you dont deal with it properly
thanks for all the advise i dont know how to add sprites to treaths since i am new but i will change this the team and i will see how it goes then

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You can find sprites here:
http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites

Hey MasterShawn, after looking at the team I see you went the sand route, sand is a great playstyle with the right support. I noticed right off the bat some of the sets you're using could be changed to improve the performance of your team.

First I recommend changing Tyranitar to the utility set, (I'll provide the set below) this allows Tyranitar to take more hits, act as a stealth rocker, and it provides sand for a longer amount of time. Assault Vest Tyranitar isn't a very viable set in my opinion, but because you're able to run rocks on Tyranitar you can run spikes over stealth rocks on Ferrothorn and I'll also suggest power whip over protect, protect is pretty redundant on sand since it waste your on sand turns. Another thing is Ferro's spread, I'd suggest using 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD. Next I recommend using roost over
earthquake
roost allows Latios to be around longer which your team appreciates a lot, Latios is your only fighting resist and it gets worn down quickly between life orb and sand, you don't really needed the coverage. Next thing is Keldeo, I'd go with scald over icy wind, while hydro pump is a very strong move on Keldeo scald is simply more reliable. Another minor change is a jolly nature instead of adamant I'd go with jolly because it allows you to outspeed other sand rush drills, opposing sand rush drills threaten your team a lot and outspeeding them is very helpful. That's all the advice I can offer, have fun with your team!

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)