Sand shifters, an OU trick room team with sand....

After much work and thought processing I have concluded that this is probably my most useful team, its main purpose is to firstly win the weather war as soon as possible, which with a few great pokemon to make rain teams think twice and type advantages over ninetales and abomasnow this should be done fairly easily. And then after the weather war is won is can proceed to the second half of strategy which is cleaning up the rest of opposing team.

The all have IV's of 0

Except for my scarfer.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Hippowdon is chosen over tyranitar for a few reasons. Firstly is durability. He can come in many times throughout the match and bring the weather with him. Adding to this he has no four times weaknesses which is important as I feel weather inducers aren't supposed to be sweepers but just supporting pokemon which is why I have the classic set. Also my team may have problems from electric types, which the ground immunity helps with. Slack off is reliable recovery, stealth rock is fantastic and whirlwind is brilliant unless its baton pass teams and earthquake is just brilliant.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Sword Dance

I used to have choice band scizor in this spot however I love the addition of a set up sweeper which can work in and out of trick room which scizor does to a pin. I have chosen leftovers over life orb because he serves such a vital role and being my single grass and bug resisting he serves an important role so the recovery might come in handy. Also with the added recovery I have th possibility of getting another sword dance in, however I am highly considering brick break over superpower as the stat drop is very annoying.

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Not much explantaion really. Trick room is a great supporting move, and helps with the sweep which will come as soon as she arrives in the field, shadow ball and focus blast has great coverage together. And psyshock is kill special walls which otherwise causes problems. I love how people expect a calm mind pokemon and I end up sweeping half of their team instead, also being immune to sandstorm is nice.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait:Regenarator
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, - Spd)
-Trick Room
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Flamethrower

Ok. Bear with me on this set. With previous teams I always had problems with gliscor, the genies, dragons, and most importantly ferrothron, forretress and scizor. Because of all the problems I had I needed a pokemon with both a reliable fire and ice type move and I think slowbro and slowking are the only pokemon with flamethrower and ice beam in the same movepool which I think is amazing. Surf is reliable STAB, and also brings the hurt against rain teams. Trick room is to support my team. How I tend you use him in one of two ways either like reuniclus where I end up sweeping or bringing him in multiple times to set up trick room, and with regenerator he can easily do that.

Breloom@ Leftovers
Trait:Technician
Ev's: 252Atk/ 252HP/ 4 Def
Brave Nature ( +Atk, -Spe)
~ Spore
~ Sword Dance
~ Mach Punch
~ Bullet Seed

Ok after the suggestion of adding breloom I am so pleased with the addition it can KO most water pokemon commonly found on rain teams with the use of bullet seed, the nature and IV spread allows easy set up with sword dance and spore only add the easiness. Overall I am very pleased with the power which this little mushroom packs. I am very happy with the fact that in trick room I can set up with ease and outside of trick room I can still sweep with powerful priority and it along with siczor can take down most pokemon which is even more noticeable as they can both set up so easily. Also the water and electric resistance is very helpful which the HP Ev's add to.

Landrous @ Choice Scarf
Triat: Sand Force
Ev's: 228 Atk/ 28 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, - Spd)
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ U-turn
~ Hidden Power Ice

I have always been indecisive about my last slot, I always thought do I need another trick roomer? Or another sweeper? And after constant mismatching I just got so angry at myself because nothing fit. Also my team was turning more defense orrentated because I once used hitmontop for rapid spin support. Anyways after much thought I have chosen Landrous, he serves many important roles, firstly he is my lead most of the time to scout with u turn. He also can take down pesky dragons and gliscor, mainly gliscor with hidden power ice which is brilliant as my only other option is slowbro with which I need trick room up and sub variants can stall out slowbro's trick room. Stone edge and earthquake provides almost perfect coverage together which is awesome with the Sandstorm boost the ability provides. Another important role is being able to disrupt the voltturn stragey which causes a few problems and most notable although not as good as Landrous T it can come in on opposing scizor and potentially force it out with fear of a KO with earthquake. Another bonus is that I thought I needed rapid spin but all I needed was another pokemon immune to spikes, which the flying type provides, lastly my team needed an earthquake immunity which again the flying type provides. All in all he has been proven to be very useful alongside the trick roomers and being able to work in and out of sandstorm.

The reason why I think this team works so well is that it combats the opponent two ways, firstly through the use of weather, and through the use of trick room. And by utizilising both stragies I fight the opposition with two fronts, whilst they are worrying about maintaining their weather I can and have the luxury of ignoring the weather at times, this luxury allows me and the team to combat a lot of different pokemon. And by utizilising weather I immidetially have the advantage over non-weather teams and the use of trick room also gives a hybrid advantage over the opposing rain and sandstorm teams which runs rabid in the OU metagame. The only real trouble which this team have is with other trick room teams however with sandstorm residual damage I can eventually come out on top.

Additional notes:
I play competitive on PO so the item clause isn't a problem

This team is for normal OU Singles.

Hey Rosez nice Trick Room Sand Team

I have some suggestions that could help sharpen this team even more. This will be a short rate as I'm busy at the moment so lets get down to it. I see that Scizor is the powerhouse of this team now I used Scizor in one of my old Trick Room Sand Teams and I suggest you change it to a Offensive Life Orb Scizor. With Trick Room you want to be able to hit hard and fast within the few Trick Room turns you have. With your Choice Band on Scizor you become easily trapped on one move which you're opponent can cause you to switch out Scizor and waste a Trick Room turn. With Life Orb you can easily switch between moves so you won't be trapped and counter by you're opponent. I suggest you go with the moveset of Swords Dance / Superpower / Bullet Punch / U-Turn. After a +2 from Swords dance you're Scizor becomes a dangerous sweeper under Trick Room, Superpower lets you OHKO Ferrothorn, Heatran, Conkeldurr, all of which cause your team trouble.

I'm going to suggest you change your Reuniclus's EV spread around. With 196 HP / 64 Def / 252 Sp Attack you are able to sponge more hits and won't be OHKO from a U-turn from Bulky Scizor, Terrakion, Latias, and Rock Polish Landorus.

When I look at you're Cradily I wonder why you don't use Gastrodon over it. Gastrodon poses the same ability as Cradily, they have nearlly the exact move pool but Gastrodon has a much higher special attack than Cradily. Gastrodon is by far one of the best rain checks, because after a boost from Storm Drain its special attack becomes over 400. Plus Gastrodon does not poses a fighting type weakens as Cradily. I would suggest Expert Belt Gastrodon. With an Expert Belt Gastrodon hits nearly the same targets or more as Cradily. I would suggest the movepool Surf / Ice Beam / Earth Power / Hidden Power Grass. With Ice Beam Gastrodon is able to take out Dragon types and Landorus with ease compared to Cradily where you would have struggled to take them out. Hidden Power Grass is here to hit 2HKO Politoed, Rotom-W, Jellicent, Hippowdon.

That's all I have for now, good luck with the team. If you have anymore question just PM me.

Cheers man thanks for the rate.

I will defnintly change reuniclus ev spread as at the moment in kind of dies to nuteral physical attacks where as with a bit of bulk it should fair well.

The reason for cradily is that its special defense gets increased in sand, and he gets STAB on grass types moves and on rock type moves, both of which is useful however if HP grass on gastrodon 2KO's jelicent and Rotom W then I will defiantly try it out.

And I also like the look of that scizor set and I will give it a go aswell my only concern is U Turn, after obtaining a boost and if I u turn out, however thank your or all the advice, I will change the first post after trying out the changes.

I'll rate you, because I like your team and I hate it when people don't rate my teams. I'd appreciate it if you rated both my teams just to be nice, but no pressure. So, here it goes.

First of all, kudos on using Trick Room successfully. It's not an easy strategy to use. It would be so much easier if there was an item that extended the turns to 8, like Light Clay.

I think that Reuniclus should the stat spread they listed above. I would also change Flamethrower to Fireblast on Slowbro, more power. I still say HP Rock over Ancient Power, but that's a personal choice.

In addition, I see this team having a good amount of trouble with Rain Teams. You have Cradily, but he's not very strong. I would use Breloom or Celebi or something like that.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hey there! This is a nice team idea, using Trick Room Sand to beat the opposition to its knees. A quick look through your team shows you have successfully mitigated the common weakness that plagues Trick Room: Dark and Ghost attacks, due to the inherent Psychic nature of Trick Room, so props for that. You received a couple of rates already, which covered some of the points you were weak to, and I'd like to back one of these changes, albeit with a different set. Thanks to Trick Room, Scizor becomes fast. Also, your team doesn't really need U-turn to gain momentum, and a sweeper is lacking. Thus, I recommend the Offensive LO Scizor also recommended by Sciztar:

Scizor @Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Nature: Brave
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower

This set is extremely deadly, made even more dangerous under Trick Room due to Scizor being able to outspeed and KO stuff like Heatran which would otherwise deal with it, while maintaining good bulk. I am recommending Bug Bite over U-turn because you aren't bluffing a Choice Set with LO, and the added power and ability to stay in of Bug Bite is preferred over the momentum grabbing U-turn.

Moving right along, I note the odd Cradily being used. I have encountered the Curse set a few times in OU, but not the Storm Drain sets. This is because it is generally outclassed by Gastrodon. However, I would not advise running Gastrodon on this team, because everything is hit neutrally or supereffectively by Grass attacks except Scizor, which doesn't want to take damage. Consequently, I recommend Technician Breloom. Breloom allows you access to Spore, while also being able to boost and smack things hard with boosted Bullet Seed and Mach Punch. This adds yet more priority, while giving you a good Rain counter and does not add a grass weakness nor another Dark/Ghost weakness if you were to implement Celebi. The set I suggest is as follows:

Breloom @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Brave
-Swords Dance
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch

Overall, this is a really cool team, and I hope I helped! Good luck!

Tl;dr
LO Scizor > CB Scizor
Technician Breloom > Cradily

Despite the recommendation of breloom, o fwhich I do appreciate the bonus of powerful priority I do miss they full immunity to water attacks which cradily has, adding to this the gastrodon although outclasses cradily in this case it doesn't. The reason being that it adds yet another ground type mon, onto my team which is almost overkill.

However sword dance scizor has proven to be useful, although would leftovers be able to used instead of life orb? Or is the loss in power that noticeable?

Also BUMP. more rates please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)