1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sand team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Thetawaves, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thetawaves

Thetawaves

Alright, ive beeen thinking of making a pokemon team, not really for competitive battling, but more so for using at the battle subways. I know that i want to make a sand team with Tyranitar (my favorite pokemon). However, i am quite unsure on what set to make to lead with tyranitar. I think a good follow up to tyranitar would be a Garchomp and Excadrill, which both take advantage of tyranitar's sand stream ability. As of such this is my current team set up.

Tyranitar@ leftovers
    Ability:Sand Stream
    Nature:Adamant
    Evs 84HP/252ATK/168Speed
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone edge
    Dragon Dance

Garchomp@ Brightpowder
    Ability: Sand viel
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs 252 atk/252 speed
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Outrage
    Swords Dance

As for the Excadrill, im not quite sure on what to make, as i have not yet made one, but this is what im thinking.

Excadril@Life Orb
    Ability: Sand rush
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs 252 atk/ 252 speed
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

So yeah, im pretty much set on using the Tyranitar, that part of this team i really do not want to change. However, i am open to suggestions on the other two pokemon, and other movesets i should change to make my tyranitar a better lead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Increased Description
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright for competitive battling, one needs competitive items. Unfortunately i dont have any of the competitive items, and the only current possible way for me to get these items are from the battle subway, something which i want to excel at. In order to enter competitive battling, i need to get these items. As of such, i request help from the smogon community to rate this team.

I want to lead with a Tyranitar, so it would be helpful if somebody would tell me whether or not my current moveset is GOOD for a lead tyranitar. If not i would like some suggestions on what to do.

The other two pokemon that I am considering using is a Garchomp and a Excadrill. I have their movelists and info posted above. For this I would like people to tell me whether or not there is a better moveset for these pokemon, or if there are better pokemon for this role, and if I should take out Garchomp and Excadrill and replace it with something else.

The only pokemon I do not want to replace is Tyranitar, and I am wiling to run any form of Tyranitar in order to increase my success at Battle Subway.
  2. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Moved to "Other Teams". Increase your descriptions a bit though, or I'll have to close this thread.
  3. Thetawaves

Thetawaves

alright lol :P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)