1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sand team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Thetawaves, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thetawaves

Thetawaves

Alright, ive beeen thinking of making a pokemon team, not really for competitive battling, but more so for using at the battle subways. I know that i want to make a sand team with Tyranitar (my favorite pokemon). However, i am quite unsure on what set to make to lead with tyranitar. I think a good follow up to tyranitar would be a Garchomp and Excadrill, which both take advantage of tyranitar's sand stream ability. As of such this is my current team set up.

Tyranitar@ leftovers
    Ability:Sand Stream
    Nature:Adamant
    Evs 84HP/252ATK/168Speed
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone edge
    Dragon Dance

Garchomp@ Brightpowder
    Ability: Sand viel
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs 252 atk/252 speed
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Outrage
    Swords Dance

As for the Excadrill, im not quite sure on what to make, as i have not yet made one, but this is what im thinking.

Excadril@Life Orb
    Ability: Sand rush
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs 252 atk/ 252 speed
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

So yeah, im pretty much set on using the Tyranitar, that part of this team i really do not want to change. However, i am open to suggestions on the other two pokemon, and other movesets i should change to make my tyranitar a better lead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Increased Description
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright for competitive battling, one needs competitive items. Unfortunately i dont have any of the competitive items, and the only current possible way for me to get these items are from the battle subway, something which i want to excel at. In order to enter competitive battling, i need to get these items. As of such, i request help from the smogon community to rate this team.

I want to lead with a Tyranitar, so it would be helpful if somebody would tell me whether or not my current moveset is GOOD for a lead tyranitar. If not i would like some suggestions on what to do.

The other two pokemon that I am considering using is a Garchomp and a Excadrill. I have their movelists and info posted above. For this I would like people to tell me whether or not there is a better moveset for these pokemon, or if there are better pokemon for this role, and if I should take out Garchomp and Excadrill and replace it with something else.

The only pokemon I do not want to replace is Tyranitar, and I am wiling to run any form of Tyranitar in order to increase my success at Battle Subway.
  2. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Moved to "Other Teams". Increase your descriptions a bit though, or I'll have to close this thread.
  3. Thetawaves

Thetawaves

alright lol :P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)