Sandstorm LC RMT

I am new to LC and so I'm looking for suggestions towards my new SS team for which I have had reasonable success with. Also by EV's are taken from recommended EV's on pokemon showdown and so if anyone knows a better ev spread feel free to recommend :) Here goes nothing:
Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
Level: 5
EVs: 116 Atk / 212 Def / 180 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Protect

My bread and butter sandstorm lead, Stealth rocks I chose as it benefits my team and the stalling strategy for which my team revolves around. I opted for protect mainly to scout for hidden powers and toxic however I have been told I should change it to slack off and so that is something I am considering but LC seems to be too offensive to be able to slack off effectivly imo.

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin

I chose to have both sandshrew and drilbur on this team, however sandshrew in my opinion is probably my most valuably pokemon (which may come as a surprise to some people). Once again the EV's were recommended and so I cannot justify them although i chose for eviolite over a more offensive item simply to be used as a sort of bulky sweeper: similar to pokemon such as piloswine in nu for example.
With sand rush: Sandshrew is so valuable and i chose to give him rapid spin as he is a more defensive option that drilbur.

Cacnea @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

In an attempt to remake the focus punch sub sucker punch swords dance cacturne set that destroyed in 4th gen nu SS days: after originally trying the exact same build I decided that it simply isn't as effective without the complementary dark typing given to cacturne so I chose to change it to a build where i cans till utilise my ability and beneficial typing, HOWEVER this is a pokemon I am thinking about replacing, I simply am not sure what to potentially replace it with if I do decide to.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 92 Atk / 188 Def / 228 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb

After originally trying Lileep with the standard recover bulky build paired with a bulky tentecool, I chose to change them to a ferroseed Frillish combo instead to provide a more effective stall based team with a complementary spin blocker. By not taking damage from from sand due to it's steel typing, I have had a lot of recent success with this pokemon almost always getting at least 2 layers of spikes up, and the entry hazards allow for a much easier sweep late game with drilbur although I usually sweep with sandshrew before I get the opportunity to sweep with drilbur.

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return
- X-Scissor

Probably the most common pokemon used in sand teams other than hippopotas: and obviously the most highly recommended and so I chose to use it, however in all honesty, as mentioned earlier, I usually sweep with sandshrew before being given an opportunity to use this pokemon, although that doesn't mean it is un-reliable after/ if sandshrew is dead.

Frillish @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 SAtk / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

As i said before: I implemented this into my team, replacing a bulky tentecool, when I also implemented ferroseed. A decently reliable tank and spin blocker: I also though it was of a decent typing to help against some of the hail team threats such as seel as well as general threats like larvesta.
This is my team, feel free to leave any
criticism or suggestions you think relevant below :)

ANY REPLACEMENTS FOR CACNEA??? Some people have suggested diglett, but i feel like having 3 purely ground types is a bit risky
atleast cacnea resisted the grass weakness

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
misdreavus / murkrow murder you. snover can also put up a ton of pressure with his blizzards.

to fix this, use:

a) shadow claw > x-scissor, rapid spin > return on drilbur: rapid spin helps you out versus hazards and shadow claw smacks missy. shadow claw has better coverage than x-scissor too.

b) use sd > rapid spin, night slash > x-scissor on sandshrew: again, night slash has better coverage than x-scissor, and sd will allow sandshrew weaken teams for drilbur sweep or vice versa.

c) use pawniard > cacnea: pawniard is probably your best take on all 3 threats. it can beat all 3 but it requires some careful plays, so be wary of them.

honestly i would've loved to see a magnemite + porygon here, but i can't really suggest it without changing major parts of your team. good luck!! :toast:

thanks heaps, with misdreavus i always had to sacrifice cacnea to get a sucker punch off by going sub first scouting enemy sub and hen finishing
usually drillbur could kill from there, so i think the night slash/ shadow claw changes would be amazing :) ty heaps

ohh and x scizzor on sandshrew was for grass types but it helped against baltoy ns tuff too, will defs try your suggestion still though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)