Sandstorm team in the making!

Hey guys i decided to make a second team, this time sandstorm. I have only decided on four pokemon so far so any suggestions for what to add/ change would be greatly appriciated.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Carefull Nature
Sand Stream
252 HP 4 Def 252 SpDef
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-ice Fang
-roar

used as a opener, Sand stream sets up the sand storm so i can set up stealth rock straight away. Roar was given to send away some nasty threats that i might face.

Aerodactyl @ Focus sash
Ademant Nature
Pressure
252 Atk 4 SpDef 252 Spe
-Aqua tail
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Fire Fang

Aerodactyl will be used to sweep my opponents early in the game taking advantage of the variety of moves it knows. roost was given to make sure it stays alive.

Tyranitar @ Expert belt
Niave Nature
Sand Stream
56 Atk 252 SpAtk 200 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Superpower

Tyranitar will be used to take out anything i see threatning and to also keep the sandstorm going.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Sand veil
252 HP 4 Def 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Toxic
-Crunch

In double battles i will use Gliscor with Aerodactyl to take advantage of earthquake fully. i gave him toxic and U-turn so that he can poison then rum if needed.

Sorry for brief descriptions i dont have to much time at the moment but will be happy to elaborate on why i chose things if needed.

Cheers ThisDarkNight

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RMT Rules state:

" 2. Do not post incomplete teams. If you are
smart enough to pick five Pokemon, you can
easily pick another one. If you are smart enough
to pick nine, you can easily cut that down to six.
Make sure to include natures, EV spreads and
items. If you are unsure of your selections,
make a note of this or simply add a question
mark after them so team raters can help you
focus on perceived problems first."

While I'm certain you didn't know, I just thought I would point it out. I would personally like to see another two Pokemon before I rate the team. But as quick remarks for you to work up on when you re-edit.

First of all, unless its a lead, you don't really want a focus sash on Aero; if it took 100% from one attack, there's no point in roost. Even then, the majority of leads are used to set up SR, which renders the sash useless. For these reasons, I reccomend a Life Orb > Focus Sash. The recoil from LO can be healed off by roost, and makes it pack a bigger punch. You'll also want Stone Edge > Fire Fang to complete the Quakedge combo for one, but mainly for a strong STAB.

Nothing wrong with the hippo, good lead.

Wow. Mixtar... haven't seen one of them in yonks. Well, he's an awesome poke, but while you've given him awesome wallbreaking capabilities, you have nothing to benefit from it. For this reason, I would reccomend you check out SD / CB Scizor as your fifth.

Gliscor.. eh. While he's a good poke, I don't see him bringing anything new to the table.. Quake is here with Aero, Hippo provides electric immunity.. I would reccomend either replacing him with a special wall, or taking an all out offense / all out defense gliscor, because ATM he's stuck in the middle of both.

6th poke is your decision. I'll re-rate when you've edited. Good Luck!

EDIT: What Bubbly said is absolutely correct; Pokemon like Starmie or Kingdra can shred through this team. For this, you almost definitely need Blissey > Gliscor, just make sure you keep Hippo alive.

Look, apart from the fact this is going to get locked due to only 4 pokemon, you're making a pretty common mistake among newbies by running sandstorm and then only using rock and ground type pokemon. It's desirable not to get hit by the sandstorm, of course, but it leaves you exceedingly weak to a lot of common threats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)