Sandstorm Team

Machamp @ Focus Sash

Jolly, No Guard
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
DynamicPunch
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Payback/Thunder Punch

Machamp was the best Attaking Lead in DPP. I have once swept an entire team with him. I mainly use him to take out other weather inducers (Mainly Politoed). So that I can wreak havoc with...

Tyranitar @ Life Orb

Jolly, Sand Stream
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp.Def
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Crunch
Ice Punch

My weather inducer and also main sweeper. The name says it all. It is a TYRANT. Is walled by steel types but that is why I have...

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf

Hasty, Magnet Pull
252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd/4 Atk
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon

My Revenge Killer/Steel Trapper. Also has an uncanny 12 resistences. Do sometimes Volt-turn between this and ....

Landorus @ Expert belt

Naive, Sand Force
228 Akt/252 Spd/28 Sp.Atk
U-turn
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice

My Secondary sweeper. Expert belt for making people think its got a choice item when it doesn't. This thing gets targeted alot by water type pokemon which is why I have

Cradily @ Leftovers

Bold, Storm Drain
252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.Atk
Toxic
Revover
Stealth Rock
Energy Ball

My main wall. Storm Drain so that it can sponge water type attakes and get a Sp.Atk boost as well. Use this to put dents in bulky waters and poison the other team. works well with my last pokemon which is...

Jellicent @ Leftovers

Bold, Cursed Body
252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.Atk
Toxic
Protect
Revover
Scald

My 2nd wall and my final pokemon. Cursed Body for the disable. Just toxic/protect/Recover/Repeat untill pokemon faints. Works well with Cradily especially under sandstorm.

So my team is

Open to suggestions.

Welcome to Smogon,
First I would like to say that you should probably expand your descriptions to fully describe what each pokemon does for the team and how does it do this. Also, don't end sentence with "so i can sweep this with..." that is lazy English you should say "so I can sweep with Tyranitar" as an example.

On to the rate:
On your machamp set, you should consider running Lum Berry over Focus Sash to absorb a Scald/Will-o-wisp burn from Politoed or Ninetails as you said this is your weather killer a lum berry is a option to consider. To combat Ninetails better you may want to run Stone Edge in your last slot over the two options as it hits the fox super effectively unlike your current move set.

I would give more but I'm a bit rusty at OU, however I feel that Cradily could be replaced by another pokemon but I'm unsure of whom.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this is a pretty cool team.

Anyways, I can see this team being kind of annoyed by Starmie and Rotom-W. Rotom-W can hit all of your team members hard with Hydro Pump, save Cradily [which it can burn with Will O Wisp]. Rotom-W in conjunction with Scizor, as a 'Volt-Turning' Core [Volt Switch and U-Turn spam] can also prove pretty annoying for this team if it ever gets into full swing, since Cradily can't really switch into Scizor, where the rest of your team will hate switching into Rotom-W [fearing either Will O Wisp, Hydro Pump or Volt Switch]. You could potentially dent Rotom with Landorus or try and trap Scizor with Magnezone, but constant switching in and out often disrupt that strategy. LO Starmie also looks annoying, since it can hurt Magnezone, Machamp, TTar and Landorus with Hydro Pump, while taking out Jellicent via Thunderbolt and Cradily via Ice Beam. I think you could potentially try replacing Cradily with Bulky NP Celebi, which can take on Rotom-W and Rotom-W/Scizor cores easily, as well as threaten most rain teams. Between Jellicent and NP Celebi, Starmie won't get past this team at all and will often die to either one of them. I'd also consider trying a Choice Band Terrakion over Machamp. Choice Band Terrakion is one of the most powerful attackers in the game and its Close Combats are able to 2HKO even Pokemon that resist it, not to mention it's father than machamp. CB Terrakion is a great way to pressure teams and benefits from Magnezone being able to trap and KO Forretress, which is one of the few Pokemon that can withstand CB Terrakion's attacks. Overall, Machamp is generally underwhelming and slow compared to Terrakion's amazing power and blazing fast speed, I'd give it a try. Finally, I'd consider changing Landorus to a Scarf variant and Magnezone to a Leftovers variant, mainly because DD Dragonite poses a huge threat to this team, being able to outspeed it and damage it heavily after a Dragon Dance, which it can easily set up on a choice locked Magnezone, Salamence is in the same vein as DD Dragonite as well. If your team has been weakened a bit, then either of these two can easily sweep, especially if its a Salamence with Moxie, giving it an Atk boost after it KOs a Pkemon. Landorus is a much better revenge killer than Magnezone and is one of the best OU Revenge Killers overall, thanks to its best coverage, power and Speed.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Change Summary:

Landorus:
Expert Belt-> Choice Scarf

Magnezone:
Choice Scarf-> Leftovers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)