1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sandstorm Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Arturo, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturo

Arturo

Hi, I'm new here but I've been reading a lot about competitive battling and after lots of thinking I manage to create a Sandstorm Team for battling in DPP, there will be a tournamente in my city and Gen IV and V are allowed to participate. I took a lot of time to build this team, I already battled with some of my friends that too have competitive pokemon, I've won mostly of the battles but suggestion would be appreciated. I trained them in the proper EV for them as much as I can.

To begin these are my Pokemon:

Specilally Defensive Hippowdown
    Careful Nature
    Leftovers
    Moves:
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Ice Fang

I lead with him to set the Sandstorm and continue with Stealth Rock. I usually continue with him unless theres a major threat like Swampert or Gyarados.

Choice Band Metagross
    Adamant Nature
    Choice Band
    Moves:
    Meteor Mash
    ThunderPunch
    Earthquake
    Explosion

He's my principal Physical Sweeper, although I have some problems beng locked into the wrong move after a sweep. Skarmory is a biggest pain.

Mixed Attacker Infernape
    Adamant Nature
    Life Orb
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Grass Knot

Usually use him if Metagross faints. It haves some nice coverage, but Swampert or Dragonite easily walls her.

Paraflinch Togekiss (Serene Grace)
    Bold Nature
    Leftovers
    Moves:
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Roost
    Thunder Wave

My best annoyer, I've won battles with his devastating combo of Thunder Wave and Air Slash. The real big problem are status spreaders and anything that does not take much damage form Air Slash or Aura Sphere.

Defensive Rotom
    Impish Nature
    Leftovers
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Will o Wisp
    Hydro Pump/Leaf Storm

He can take hits and walls very good mostly all attacks... The issue is that Blissed hampers him easily since she can cure the burn and laugh almost all my moves. I switch forms to cover some holes in my team. But usually it is in the Mow Form.

Agility Empoleon
    Modest Nature
    Life Orb
    Moves:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Agility

If I manage to set up, he sweeps like a beast, unfortunately, Choice Scarf Starmie or Jolteon stop him with ease, even Blissey can wall his sweep.

Well, I would love anny comments about how to improve my team.

Thanks!
  2. RiskVsRewardPlayer

RiskVsRewardPlayer

3. Arturo

Arturo

I already have... I thought was following the rules unless I missed something.
  4. Jirachee

Jirachee Congratulations Canada for finishing the tunnel to China!
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

your thread is breaking multiple rules. First of all, your descriptions aren't long enough, you need a minimum of three lines per pokemon for raters to be able to help you. Second, you need to list EVs for all of your Pokemon as this is very important, something you're currently lacking. Lastly, gen 4 teams go in the Ruins of Alph subforum.

have a nice day
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)