1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sarah Palin's Alaska (UU Hail)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Acewiild, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Acewiild

Acewiild

Hello Smogon Viewers! Acewilld here with my new UU hail team. I honestly just felt like making a hail team when Abomasnow got moved down from ou. This, unlike my last UU rmt, is balanced hail team. It consists of 2 technical pokes, being crobat, and abomasnow. 2 sweepers, rotom-frost, and weavile. And 2 walls, bronzong, and blastoise. I literally just made this team and I really think that it has been doing well in the tier so far.

At a glance:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Strategy: This team has many strategies that can be used with it. There is of course the strategy of stalling with toxic and wearing down the team will hail until you can easily sweep it with rotom or weavile. There is also the voltturn combo of crobat and rotom which also works pretty well for scouting out your opponents team. Or you can just go all out offensive and attempt to destroy the oppoents team with force. That is the beauty of a balanced team. Instead of just one strategy that may or may not work, there are a pool of strategies that the user can choose from.

The Team:

[​IMG]
    Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 100 Atk / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Ice Shard
    - Wood Hammer

Abomasnow is truly a beast in uu. When Abomasnow was used in ou, it was basically thought of as just a weather set up. Now as I have used it in uu for awhile, I realized it's potential as a powerhouse of uu. Although this set does not look like much, it will work wonders on pokemon that are slower than abomasnow. Substitute and leech seed are often seen in uu, adding both of these to ice shard, a priority and STAB move for abomasnow, and woodhammer, a very threatening move with alot of power makes for a deadly weather setup.

[​IMG]
    Crobat @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 192 Atk / 136 Spd / 176 HP / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird
    - U-turn

It is a well known fact that Crobat is viable on almost any uu team. I put that theory to the test when I put it on this team and it passed with flying colors. Crobat makes a wonderful technician and stall blocker for the team. The thing that I like about this crobat set is that even though it is not fully invested, it outspeeds nearly everything in the tier (barring weavile and meleotta fighting form), and it has enough bulk to tank a flare blitz from a darmanitan (which I learned from making a few bad plays).

[​IMG]
    Weavile @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Ice Punch
    - Ice Shard
    - Pursuit
    - Low Kick

Weavile has always been one of my favorite pokemon. Although it does not really benefit from the hail at all, weavile has still been a great asset to the team. Weavile is the second fastest pokemon in the uu tier besides crobat, which helps the offensive base for this team even more. The thing that seperates weavile from the pack of other fast pokemon, is its very respectable attack stat, which paired with life orb, makes for a powerful STAB ice punch. It also does not hurt to add another pokemon that does not take damage from hail.

[​IMG]
    Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Protect

It never hurts to add a bronzong to the team. Bronzongs awesome typing and respectable bulk makes for a great specially defensive wall. Originally I had made this bronzong defensive, but after seeing how big of a threat physical attacking fire pokemon such as darmantian were to this team, I switched bronzong to specially defensive and blastoise to defensive. Benefits of doing this is that this team is pretty much kingdra resistant because not even a dracometeor could do very much damage to bronzong.

[​IMG]
    Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Blastoise has been a beast wall since gen 1. Blastoise provides way more than just a rapid spinner. If blastoise were not on this team, there would be a gigantic weakness to fire and this team would pretty much just get swept by darmanitan. The bulky water type also provides the team with a good setup counter in the form of roar, which elimanates the threat of pokemon such as bisharp.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Blizzard
    - Trick

Finally, the special sweeper, rotom-frost. I doubt rotom frost will be staying in nu for much longer, seeing as it is being used more and more because of the uprise of hail throughout all the sub-standard tiers. The reason I made rotom timid was to outspeed an ko choice scarfed heracross which is also a very common thing to see in the uu tier. Trick is also a great move to have when there is a wall on the opposing team that just seems to demolish your entire team.

Threat List:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These three pokemon are going to be the most threatning pokemon in the tier to this team. There are counters within the team such as blastoise and scarfed rotom, but if the opponent has one of these pokemon you need to make sure that you play the counter correctly or else the pokemon will flatten this team completely. But for the record, this team has never been destroyed completely by anything as far as I have used it.

I hope you all enjoyed reading my second uu rmt. Please leave a comment below and luvdisc if you loved it. I would also really appreciate it if you stole this team and used it. Thanks!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)