Sarcrebleu! Bataille dans l'arène! waterwarrior vs. typon77! (Yarnus Arbitres)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the ASB Arena! We have on our hands a battle between a fellow brony and some dude getting slapped in the face with a fish. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very interesting battle. But anyways, on with the formalities:

Also, I'd like to issue my own challenge!

Beginners only please
3v3 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ
5 Chills/ 5 Recovers per team
ASB Arena
Also, I'll accept this challenge. I'm a nub too
One Ability
One Sub per Pokemon
Switch: Your call/ref's call. I don't really care
Ohh, my choice. Well, I think Switch = KO will do nicely. And now we have to meet our illustrious competitors!

waterwarrior's Team!
[pimg]63[/pimg]
Abra* (Houdin) Male
Nature: Modest
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Stats:
Abra
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Teleport*

Encore*
Guard Swap*
Fire Punch*

Psychic*
Shadow Ball*
Psyshock*

Total Moves: 7

[pimg]258[/pimg]
Mudkip (Kippy) Male
Nature: Adamant
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14
Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

Attacks:
Tackle*
Growl*
Mud-Slap*
Water Gun*
Bide*
Foresight*
Mud Sport*

Avalanche*
Yawn*
Curse*

Waterfall*
Dig*
Rest*

Total moves: 13

[pimg]7[/pimg]
Squirtle (Squirts) Female
Nature: Timid
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Rain Dish (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.
Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 49 (43x1.15)
Dodge boosted by 8 (49^2/290)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Tackle*
Tail Whip*
Bubble*
Withdraw*
Water Gun*
Bite*
Rapid Spin*
Protect*
Water Pulse*

Aqua Ring*
Yawn*
Brine*

Surf*
Ice Beam*
Double Team*

Total Moves: 15

Typon77's Team!

Gible(*) [Junior] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon:Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.
Ground:Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW): (Innate) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 42

Size Class: Class 1
Weight Class: Class 2

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)

Outrage(*)
Body Slam(*)
Scary Face(*)

Dig(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Protect(*)

Total Moves: 13

Magnemite(*) [Resistor] (Gender)
Nature: Quiet (Special Attack increased by *; A 15% decrease in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)
Type: Electric/Steel
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Analyze (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 39 (45/1.15)

Weight Class: Class 1

Attacks:
Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
ThunderShock(*)
Supersonic(*)
SonicBoom(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)

Magic Coat(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Magnet Rise(*)

Flash Cannon(*)
Reflect(*)
Protect(*)

Total Moves: 13

Darumaka [Shingo] (M)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Speed, +8% Accuracy, -1 SpA)
Type: Fire
Fire Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Inner Focus (DW): (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Stats:

Nature: Jolly
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD:Rank 2
Spe: 58 (50*1.15=57.5 -> 58)

Weight Class: Class 3

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Rollout(*)
Incinerate(*)
Rage(*)
Fire Fang(*)
Headbutt(*)
Uproar(*)
Facade(*)
Fire Punch(*)
Work Up(*)

Yawn(*)
Encore(*)
Sleep Talk(*)

Rock Slide(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)
Brick Break(*)

Total Moves: 16

Alright, now onto Prose...

waterwarrior Sends out Pokemon
Typon77 Sends out Pokemon, then Orders
waterwarrior Orders
I Ref

Well guys, its our first battle. We gotta try our best! Looking at his team, that Magnemite is going to be a pain in the ass... let's do it Squirts!

Alright, lets try this without any items, and activate your Torrent (like you have a choice)!

Also, random French is random

Ok, lets send out Resistor. You're safe from most of his attacks.
Make your metal Sturdy to deflect his pitiful blows at you. Mwahaha.

Ok now, start off with a powerful Thunderbolt. If he hasn't ran away in fear yet, create a horrible Sound with your Metal exterior to weaken his senses. Finally, take advantage of his weakened defense with another powerful Thunderbolt.

If he tries to make you sleepy with Yawn on any action, replace the current action with Magic Coat. Do not push back other actions.

Thunderbolt<Metal Sound<Thunderbolt

Well Squirts, I know we have the disadvantage here, but anything can happen!

All righty then, first we have to avoid those Thunderbolts, so go ahead and use Double Team! We just have to hope that the clones will save you, and go for a Water Pulse to weaken it! Finally, hit it with your best Surf!

Double Team (3 clones) -> Water Pulse -> Surf

Pre-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP:
En: 100
Spe: 49
Stats: +8 Acc.
Abilities: Torrent
Other: None

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP:
En: 100
Spe: 39
Stats: -10 Eva.
Abilities: Sturdy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 Starts!

Taking a deep breath, Simon inspects the ASB Arena thoroughly. "A good turnout, plenty of filled seats..." He smiles, taking the ref's stand and raising his hands to his sides. "Ladies and gentlemen, we all know why we are here. A battle of wits and might is about to take place before our very eyes! Will a dominating strategist be the deciding advantage? Or will sheer force and a type advantage be the ace in the hole? We can only wait and see. Without further ado, battle begin!"

With her above-average speed, Squirts rushes ahead of her competitor, using her natural speed to create illusionary copies of herself! This Double Team does itself good, throwing off Resistor's aim from the true turtle! The clone is now gone, but the user is unscathed! A clever play on waterwarrior's part!

Now seeking to play the RNG further, Squirts draws on some hidden, mystic reserve, slamming Resistor with a Water Pulse. Shaken but certainly still in control of it's own faculties, Resistor produces an ear-splitting screech, in an attempt to shatter Squirt's mental defences. But once again, the Magnemite's target is not the real opponent, but another illusion. Yet another fades to the onslaught.

Manipulating the water supplies of the Arena itself, Squirts draws forth a massive tidal wave, herself Surfing at the top of it, guiding it to crash down on the floating magnet-bundle. Thrown to the side, Resistor draws on its electrical reserves, unleashing another Thunderbolt towards Squirts. And with a satisfying zap, the true blue turtle is struck!

Smiling, Simon rises up to his feet. "Ladies and gentlemen, this has been Round 1! Indeed, there is no clear leader in this battle, whether it will be strong offence or a tactful mind to rule the day! Roll the new stats, Steven!"

Round 1 Ends!

Post-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP:
En: 79

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP:
En: 83

Action 1:
Squirtle:
Uses Double Team! (4*3= 12 En) Squirtle created 3 Illusionary copies!
Magnemite: Uses Thunderbolt! (7-1= 6 En) (Target <1-4, rolled 3: Clone) A Clone Faded!

Action 2:
Squirtle:
Uses Water Pulse! (4-1= 3 En) (Crit <63, rolled 950) (6+3-1+(2-2)*1.5) = 8 Dmg! (Conf. <200, rolled 511)
Magnemite: Uses Metal Sound! (6-1= 5 En) (Target 1-3, rolled 2: Clone) The clone Dissipated!

Action 3:
Squirtle:
Uses Surf! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit. <63, rolled 882) (10+3-1+(2-2)*1.5) = 12 Dmg!
Magnemite: Uses Thunderbolt! (7-1= 6 En) (Hit 1-2, rolled 1: Squirtle) (Crit <63, rolled 125) (10+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 21.75 = 22 Dmg! The Clone went to a better place! (Para. <100, rolled 869)

waterwarrior Orders
Typon77 Orders
I Ref

All right Squirts. You may be ahead in HP, but you can't let your guard down! What we did last time seemed to give us an advantage, so lets go ahead and try again! Double Team worked last time, but this time, use your Yawn attack! Then, do the same pattern we did before, a Water Pulse followed by a Surf!

Yawn -> Water Pulse -> Surf
If typon tries to Mirror Coat the Yawn, replace Yawn with Double Team (2 clones)

Ok, Resistor. We can get through this.
Start off by nailing him with another huge Thunderbolt. Then, use Metal Sound to lower his SpDef. Hopefully, the sharp, screeching sound will snap you out of your drowsiness. Finally, nail his super low special defense with another super effective Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt < Metal Sound < Thunderbolt
Use Metal Sound to also cancel Yawn if possible

Sorry for the delay btw. I for some reason thought I already posted and we were waiting for the reffing.

Pre-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP: 68
En: 79

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP: 60
En: 83

Round 2 Starts!

Flavour will be a little bit sparse this round. My internet is going to be very very limited for the next couple weeks. I think it's time I introduced you to a little something cheap I call... Speed Reffing GO.

Squirts: Getting beat up is Boring... (Yawn)
Resistor: THUNDABOLT FROM TEH SKY EXTERMINATEEXTERMINATEEXTERMINATE (Thunderbolt)

Squirts: That's cool, but RANDOM GEISER BENEATH YOU (Water Pulse)
Resistor: I will play you the Song of my People... (Metal Sound)

Ref's note: You were unable to use Metal Sound against both your opponent and yourself. It was certainly a good try though, but it'd have to have been something a little more specific.

Squirts: I will nickname you.... JAPAN (Surf) /innappropriate humour
Resistor: Remember earlier, when I dropped Lightning on you? I DO IT AGAIN GAAAAAAAAH (Thunderbolt)
Squirts: Woah now... FINAL STAND ACTIVE (Torrent boost!)

That was Round 2. Please send any and all complaints to Deck Knight or another member of authority, and I will be reprimanded/banned for my behavior. Thank you, goodnight.

Round 2 Ends!

Post-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP: 21
En: 63
Stats: +8 Acc., -2 SpDef (Decays in 2a)
Other: Torrent Active!

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP: 38
En: 62
Other: Drowsy (1a)
Action 1:
Squirtle: Uses Yawn! (7 En) Magnemite is now Drowsy!
Magnemite: Uses Thunderbolt! (7-1+4= 10 En) (Crit <63, rolled 511) (10+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 21.75 = 22 Dmg! (Para. <100, rolled 336)
Action 2:
Squirtle: Uses Water Pulse! (4-1=3 En) (Crit <63, rolled 48) A Critical Hit! (6+3+3-1+(2-2)*1.5) = 11 Dmg! (Conf. <200, rolled 444)
Magnemite: Uses Metal Sound! (6-1= 5 En) (Miss <150, rolled 155) Squirtle's Special Defence harshly fell! (-2) Still drowsy.
Action 3:
Squirtle: Uses Surf! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 955) (10+3-1+(2-2)*1.5) = 12 Dmg!
Magnemite: Uses Thunderbolt! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 429) (10+3+(3-2)*1.5)*1.5+(2*1.75) = 25.25 = 25 Dmg! (Para. <100, rolled 923)

Typon77 Orders
waterwarrior Orders
I Ref

Use Metal Sound on yourself then punch him with a T-bolt and then a Spark

Metal Sound (on self to cancel yawn) -> Thunderbolt -> Spark

If the Metal Sound on just yourself is illegal, change actions to:
Thunderbolt -> Spark -> Thunderbolt

EDIT: Noting that this is specifically different usage of Metal Sound. Last Round, I specified using it both on Squirts and myself. This time. Its just on myself.

(Here's hoping he can't use Metal Sound like that...) All right Squirts, let's go ahead and troll him by using Protect on his last turn awake! Then, hit him with 2 Surfs in a row! Protect -> Surf -> Surf (not a combo)

Pre-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP: 21
En: 63
Other: Torrent Active!

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP: 38
En: 62
Other: Drowsy (1a)

Speeding along, Squirts manages to set up a barrier just in time to block.....
Resistor's self directed Metal Sound, which while able to knock him out of his drowsiness, do lower his own resistance to special attacks.

Without stopping to think why she protected the first action, Squirts springs into action, surfing down on a large torrent-boosted wave, dealing critical damage and knocking Resistor onto the ground. After a long pause he levitates up, and lets loose a thunderbolt boosted by the previous metal sound, knocking her out cold.

Squirts used protect (7 en)
Resistor used Metal Sound (6-1=5)

Squirts used Surf (7-1=6)
(10+3+3(crit)+2-1+1.5(2-2))+1.75=21.75=21 damage! Rolls: Crit(1<=1)

Resistor used Thunderbolt (7-1=6)
(10+3+1.5(4-3))*1.5+2(1.75)=25.25=26 damage Rolls: Who cares?
Squirts is knocked out.

Post-Round Information:

Squirtle (Squirts) [F]
HP: KO
En: KO
Other: Dead

Magnemite (Resistor)
HP: 17
En: 51

Send out your next pokemon, warrior!

Edit: forgot sturdy

Squirts? SQUIRTS?! SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIRTS!

Its OK buddy, you almost got him. Well then, I guess its time for my second star to come out. Gooooooo Kippy!

Alright, try to get a crit on this Magnemite so we can finally get rid of its ugly face. If you don't, well just go for a Water Gun! It only has 14 HP left after all (hint hint nudge nudge, you calculated Metal Sound as a -1 boost when it should be a -2, so it should've taken 1.75 more damage, which would round to 2 more).

Waterfall -> Water Gun -> Hush now, quiet now (Rest)

If Magnemite is somehow still alive on A3, change that action to another Waterfall
If Waterfall DOES get a crit and it faints A1, change Rest to A2, and change A3 to being asleep

Well Resistor, you did well, but now your time's up
Do as much damage as you can before your finished

Thunderbolt+Thunderbolt Combo -> Cooldown -> Your gonna be ded..
If you're somehow still alive A3, use T-bolt again

Kippy is immune to electricity, so all that happens is Resistor dies and kippy loses 9 en.
Next pokemon, Typon.

Edit: Oops, Kippy takes no damage because of a flinch.
Rolls: 2/10, 9/16

Well seeing as you lost 9 energy that means you attacked twice. Which means waterfall didnt crit and the MEGA ELECTROSTORM will hit the poor Mudkip :(

Sorry Kippy...

Edit: Oops, Kippy takes no damage because of a flinch.
Rolls: 2/10, 9/16
Holy crap, hax DID happen... When I wanted it to... -joy-

EDIT: Hey, 15 more energy? What's not to love?

@below yep, try to breach the inpenatrable awesomeness of teh Mudkip!

Why no new post? To keep this from becoming pc++ of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)