Saw Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As everyone gathers in the ball room, your numbers seem a bit smaller, and there is a strange smell emanating from a large box in the middle of the room. When it is open, the reason for this smell becomes instantly obvious. An unidentifiable body has been stuffed into it.

This box also contains his tape.

Hello, Hipmonlee. You don't know me, but I know you. You have lived your life consumed by lust, and for that reason you have ignored what is truly important. You should be grateful, however, that I am giving you an opportunity to redeem yourself. Your goal in this game is to simply survive. There are some organized elements out there, and they are trying to kill you. Can you show your ability to look past the shallow characteristics of others and learn what truly motivates people? But beware: you have some allies among the group, and without them, you have no hope.

This scene is interrupted when Basics stumbles into the room, bleeding from his throat, with his eyes gouged out. He attempts to speak, and points around the room, presumably at his killers, but is unable to do or say anything meaningful before he collapses, dead, from blood loss.

Hello, Basics. You don't know me, but I know you. You have lived your life consumed by lust, and for that reason you have ignored what is truly important. You should be grateful, however, that I am giving you an opportunity to redeem yourself. Your goal in this game is to simply survive. There are some organized elements out there, and they are trying to kill you. Can you show your ability to look past the shallow characteristics of others and learn what truly motivates people? But beware: you have some allies among the group, and without them, you have no hope.

Two more Lustful are dead.

End of Night 2. Day 2 begins now.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mandatory "Hip didn't exactly have a nice day" post.

Ouch, two lustfuls... only 16 now. Seriously guys if we lynch a Lustful this day we're in a very bad position. =/

Ok Lustful and others, it looks like you need some guy to trust here. And I guarantee you, I can be trusted. Take a good look at this post I made:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859840&postcount=97

Rather, take a good look at the end of it:

me said:
np: Good Charlotte - I Just Wanna Live
Would I say something like that for no reason?

Now, look at what the tape said about Hip, about Basics and about Bioshock. "Your goal is to simply survive.". Indeed, that's what mine says too. I'm a Lustful and each and every other Lustful among you knows this is true. However, I have no idea who of you I can trust.

I do know we need some action in here if we want to win ever and I know we must have some kind of power over the Vengeful and the Wrathful or whatever they're called, which we'd need to use against the right (or rather, wrong people). However, I can't realistically ask any of you to PM me saying "lol I'm bodyguard or whatever the Saw equivalent is" since the evil people may very well do the same. Unless someone has information on who is clean (and, even better, who is not) and is willing to tell me that, in which case I can organize a group of clean people who don't try to lynch each other.

I :think: that should be allowed but iono.

EDIT: That said, I know this puts me in a "night mafia fodder" position, so if anyone can do anything about that that would be great too! If nothing else this enlarges the chance I get double-targetted so only one person dies tonight.

Since none of us know how many of the Lustfuls have special abilities and what they are, do we assume that those who have been killed so far didn't have any powers whatsoever? Or are you not telling us abilities that those ppl had? Cause Basics and Hipmonlee definately weren't mafia kills. And I don't wanna die tonight. It would help to know what we have to defend against.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I think I'm going to trust Mekkah. If there is a "bodyguard" type character, Mekkah may be the obvious choice, though one of the "mafia's" could predict that and not go for Mekkah.. Could be a hard choice actually.

Anyway, instead of worrying about this, I've been reviewing Obi's post in hope of finding some kind of clue, and it's very difficult to find anything at all at the moment, as you can imagine in the early stages. This is all I can come up with at the moment:

As everyone gathers in the ball room, your numbers seem a bit smaller, and there is a strange smell emanating from a large box in the middle of the room. When it is open, the reason for this smell becomes instantly obvious. An unidentifiable body has been stuffed into it.
Now, this may be a bit direct, but I'd hint at "Lord Gloom" here, possibly. Gloom is a smelly bastard, and although the smell is coming from the body, I still think it could be a link. I can't think of anything else for this "clue", at least not linking to anyones name. Unless anyone is known for being smelly on here :P any ideas guys?

This scene is interrupted when Basics stumbles into the room, bleeding from his throat, with his eyes gouged out. He attempts to speak, and points around the room, presumably at his killers, but is unable to do or say anything meaningful before he collapses, dead, from blood loss.
We don't have a clue as to who was missing from the room, other than the deceased. But was it possible for Basics to be killed by someone in the room if he stumbled in from elsewhere? I really have absolutely no idea as to who the killer could've been this time, though. There may not even be a clue there.. Pointing? Throat cut? Unable to speak? Eyes guaged out? I doubt there are any blind people playing this game, can anyone not speak?

Like I said, these are very long shots, but it's all I can come up. If anyone else can think of something better it'd be really helpful, or if someone could discount my theories that may also help us...

uh, what do you mean by that?
That's got me thinking too...

Hm..

The real question is how do we pick who to lynch?

We are less likely to pick a Lustfull by bandwagoning now, but that doesn't seem a good way to do it. Anyone have an idea about what Hip or Basics might have said to get killed so quickly?

Edit:

We could bandwagon Lord Gloom, he's always fun to pick on.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm..

The real question is how do we pick who to lynch?

We are less likely to pick a Lustfull by bandwagoning now, but that doesn't seem a good way to do it. Anyone have an idea about what Hip or Basics might have said to get killed so quickly?
Or we could just not lynch anyone until we have a better reason?

Now, this may be a bit direct, but I'd hint at "Lord Gloom" here, possibly. Gloom is a smelly bastard, and although the smell is coming from the body, I still think it could be a link. I can't think of anything else for this "clue", at least not linking to anyones name. Unless anyone is known for being smelly on here :P any ideas guys?
Though I admit that that was a good use of your limited resources, it seems like an odd extrapolation to me for a few reasons:

1) My name is taken from the Perry Bible Fellowship comic, Lord Gloom. Though you could obviously drop the "Lord" and be left with the Pokemon Gloom (this IS a Pokemon site, after all), it totally discounts the character that my name is actually based on.

2) Obi never said the smell was specifically "foul", just "strange". That could point to Fishin or m0nkfish (fish are commonly described as smelling funny, you know that I'm sure) as easily as it could to me. Also, given the situation, cookie or cook could be described as smelling funny. It would be odd if you smelled cookies right after a murder, don't you agree?

I'm not trying to indict anyone, just attempting to clear myself before you all attempt to bandwagon me. Bandwagoning with no solid evidence (although this is obviously more evidence than we had on Bioshock) has already cost us a villager.

Also, all this conjecture is based on purely circumstantial evidence; who said Obi was even giving clues in this manner?

I agree, let's think a bit, we lost Bioshock by doing things the rushing way.
sorry no one had the cojones god

anyways as i proved that one time by brilliantly bandwagoning my villager self, the mafia are often most likely to follow a bandwagon. since bioshock was not wrathful or a betrayer, imo next person we lynch will probably be someone who followed my lead early on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)