Sawsbuck (Analysis)

I'm not seeing the point in this guy running a special attack anytime soon. Taken straight from http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/nature_power, and according to Bulbapedia, Earthquake is called when you are on sand. WiFi is always Building, so Nature Power is essentially Tri Attack.
That's for the 4th generation. The 5th generation changed what Nature Power is where.

Sorry for the bumps and then there's the fact that this is already done. So unless a new set that is revolutionary is made, this is being left the way it is.

Hilariously enough, Serene Grace actually affects three moves.

Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and....

Rock Smash.

Something tells me Saws got Serene Grace more for the flavor-value than the "This benefits from it" value.

I doubt Rock Smash is worth mentioning at all. Actually, I think the fact that it's one of the only three moves affected by Serene Grace SHOULD be mentioned to make it extremely clear that Serene Grace sucks on Saws. Although the article is "Finished", and does not really gain much from this note. Meh. If someone can be bothered enough.

Well I'm giving false information in that case so I'll have to change it, thanks for pointing that out.

Rock Smash is pro.

You refer to some other Pokemon with their Japanese names rather than their English names, like Kojondo and Hihidaruma.

You urgently have to cut that part out of the analysis!
Espeons DW ability is only given to male Espeon by now, but Baton Pass is a Pre-Evolution move, means they're incompatible. I'd strongly suggest to do that change.
In three days when DW Anticipation Eevee is released (Scroll to the bottom), it will no longer be incompatible. I think we can let it slide for the next 3 days.

Sawsbuck is nice to use as a suprise pokemon since not a lot of people expect it to be used at all, might go into my first 5th gen team. (alongside Cinccino) :)

I have been playing with Sawsbuck a lot, and I have to say, natural power is not worth a slash. Literally its only upside to hi-jumpkick is it hurts Chandelure and Jirachi, outside of that, hi-jump kick is always better. Give it an AC mention, but it doesn't diserve a slash.

I have been playing with Sawsbuck a lot, and I have to say, natural power is not worth a slash. Literally its only upside to hi-jumpkick is it hurts Chandelure and Jirachi, outside of that, hi-jump kick is always better. Give it an AC mention, but it doesn't diserve a slash.
It's Jump Kick, not Hi-Jump-Kick. Jump Kick has the same BP as Wifi Nature Power and 95 accuracy.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Has a scarf set been considered? I've been using one recently, and it's quite good. A potential sap sipper boost makes it worthwhile IMO.

It has access to retaliate as well, which is quite powerful.

I swear this thing will get headbutt in grey and become a complete monster.

Is there a particular reason the Baton Pass set's item is Life Orb? If not, it should be changed to Leftovers.

@frogoholic101 It's Mienshao

Sometimes you use the Japanese names for Pokemon/Move names and sometimes you use the English names, it's probably best to pick one. But good strategies anyway!

Thank you for the 5 useless comments about Japanese names; I know that.

Garchomp mentions gone.

Not sure why Life Orb was there, I meant to put Leftovers in the first place...

Replace Evolution Stone with Eviolite and remove your mentions of Shedinja (no OU analysis = no mention of it in OU).

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mentions of scarf mienshao are somewhat out of place, i believe it would be much more relevant to up the speed EVs to outspeed scarf terrakion (base 108 +1) which is pretty much the fastest common scarfer you'll see in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)