Sawsbuck

I think Return / Jump Kick / Wild Bolt would provide the best coverage, now that Rotom has lost its Ghost typing. Wood Horn's base power is disappointing to be honest - putting it on a LO SD set makes it seem like it's trying to do too much at the same time. The set proposed in the OP with Word Horn > Wild Bolt leaves it walled by Gengar and Shanderaa which are likely to be top threats (former outspeeds all the 108 and 109 stuff along with the slew of new base 90s while the latter.. doesn't really need much of an explanation). With that in mind I would almost definitely want Wild Bolt.

Synthesis could be useful on a support set with Chlorophyll since in the sun it heals 2/3 of its HP; it's more reliable than purely Leech Seed anyway.

I like this guy. I'm quite disappointed he can't utilise Serene Grace at all effectively (how many Pokemon could you say that of?) but I'm liking the look of some of those SD sweeper sets with Chorophyll in the sun. I think he won't be seen much in OU- a lot of Steels and Dragons seems to offset the usefulness of Grass STAB- but the idea of skewering a Swampy with those antlers for 4x damage and STAB is very appealing...

I like this guy. I'm quite disappointed he can't utilise Serene Grace at all effectively (how many Pokemon could you say that of?) but I'm liking the look of some of those SD sweeper sets with Chorophyll in the sun. I think he won't be seen much in OU- a lot of Steels and Dragons seems to offset the usefulness of Grass STAB- but the idea of skewering a Swampy with those antlers for 4x damage and STAB is very appealing...
The new Normal - Psychic music Pokémon doesn't seem to be able to use it all that well, and (thank god) it doesn't have a flinching move. I'm kind of disappointed with the Deer's DW Ability.

It's a shame to see Serence Grace wasted on Mebukijika, it's such a cool ability otherwise. :/ The only move I can see making use of the ability at all would actually be Nature Power - if used inside a building (which I assume is the default "setting" that simulators use) it becomes Tri Attack, which should have a 40% chance of inflicting either burn, paralysis, or freeze (13.33% for each). Despite getting STAB, 40% isn't overly reliable, and Mebukijika's SAtk isn't too good. Might see some use on a gimmick set though.

I was curious about Megahorn, but it looks like Wood Horn/Wild Bolt/Jump Kick are going to have the best coverage after all, so eh.

Maybe I'm missing it, but what extremely important coverage does Wood Horn+Wild volt+Jump kick give you that Wood Horn + Wild Volt don't alone? About All I can see is Dark, Ice, and Normal, not particularly threatening and common types. Could change of course. I just think we're leaving a lot of potential power on the table by skipping over Double-Edge. Would have to see the important OHKOs he gains from Jump Kick over Double-Edge.

His sets should carry HP Fire/Ice since he'll be switching into alot of grass attacks so as to abuse his ability. This gives him a SE to use against other Grass pkmn.

(I haven't checked his movepool yet so I don't know if he get's a better move to use agains other Grass pokes)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No love for a Life Orb Agility Pass set? The process is relatively simple: Agility on something you can force out, and proceed the sweep a team with a solid Attack score or pass to a counter on their switch-in. Seems plausible.

I like this guy. I'm quite disappointed he can't utilise Serene Grace at all effectively
If I remember correctly, though, the official site mentioned that Pokémon in the Dream World can also have new attacks (i.e. outside of a Pokémon's normal learnset), so perhaps Serene Grace will be coupled with an attack or two that has some nice secondary effects that take advantage of the SG boost. Fingers crossed!

Whyyy? Why didn't Mebukijika get Body Slam? STAB boosts it to 128 BP and 60% chance of paralysis with Serene Grace. It would only be then that giving him Serene Grace as the DW ability would have actually made sense. T__T

If I remember correctly, though, the official site mentioned that Pokémon in the Dream World can also have new attacks (i.e. outside of a Pokémon's normal learnset), so perhaps Serene Grace will be coupled with an attack or two that has some nice secondary effects that take advantage of the SG boost. Fingers crossed!
But if this were true, we should already have known about those moves. After all, the movesets/etc have been extracted directly from the games' data. I think the DW only really gives you a chance of catching a pokémon with a new ability, and I haven't heard anything about new moves.

@ Boss Jr.: Megahorn. Physical with nice BP to boot, and therefore superior to HP (especially with 60 base SAtk). Might not be SE on dual-grass types, however.

Body Slam would be nice on this beast, but it's still pretty good nonetheless.

It was one of my gen V faves, and when I saw the stats I was somewhat disappointed, but its movepool and abilities give it some worth in battles too.

Body Slam would be nice on this beast, but it's still pretty good nonetheless.

It was one of my gen V faves, and when I saw the stats I was somewhat disappointed, but its movepool and abilities give it some worth in battles too.
Yeah, his stats could be better. However, I really expected Game Freak to make Shikijika a gimmick for weather seasons to just show it off. Then we got the evolution which is, in my opinion, amazing. Still, I was thinking they would screw us over with crappy stats and moves. I must admit, his Speed and Attack are nothing horrible, and he does have a neat little movepool, to be honest. So it's not like he got screwed over. ^__^

If the third installment brings back Headbutt and/or Body Slam I could see a Serene Grace Mebukijika working very well.

Its the fastest Serene Grace-r bar Shaymin-S and Jirachi.

Mebukijika is definitely my favorite 5th gen Pokemon. I loved it ever since it was announced (Its pre-evo, too).

why people use double edje/return on this guy sure it gets stab but wild bolt/megahorn give him coverage agains other flying/grass types it may hit hard but if a gengar/drifblim/Shanderaa comes along your screwed and the only move that hits ghost from most sets is the signature move grass type attack

AccidentalGreed

why people use double edje/return on this guy sure it gets stab but wild bolt/megahorn give him coverage agains other flying/grass types it may hit hard but if a gengar/drifblim/Shanderaa comes along your screwed and the only move that hits ghost from most sets is the signature move grass type attack
Same as to why Staraptor and Physical Waters runs Normal-type <100 base power moves; for the consistent, strong coverage. I mean, hey. If you meet a type that ends up giving Grass and Electric-type moves, you might as well hit them with your best shot off of a strong 100 base Attack and a reliable STAB 153 or 180. Plus you can always Baton Pass off to a counter. Preference of the player, really, and Normal typing really blesses it most of the time. Also, Wild Bolt can be used to break through the aforementioned Ghosts, so I don't see why Doible Edge can't be used.

Double Edge and Wood Horn is an amazing strategy! And like Mareep said, if the third installment brings back Headbutt or Body Slam Mebukijika could be really good.

His sets should carry HP Fire/Ice since he'll be switching into alot of grass attacks so as to abuse his ability. This gives him a SE to use against other Grass pkmn.

(I haven't checked his movepool yet so I don't know if he get's a better move to use agains other Grass pokes)
Then why did you bother posting? Anyways, I'm fairly sure he gets Megahorn for Grass-types.

It's good that this isn't just another venusaur/roserade/jaroda since I think this will fit into uu nicely and on sunny day teams also as some people have already pointed out.

Two immunities and resistances will let this guy just go in, set up an SD then proceed to sweep late game with his counters weaked.

AccidentalGreed

Speaking of which...

No Megahorn? This sexy deer can go a long way with countering Grass-types with Megahorn without having to resort to being affected by status or random Hidden Powers Grasses use (Ice and Fire for you Dragonites and Scizors out there).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh whoops I didn't the Agility and Baton Pass part.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Gamefreak will have it work like Electivire's Motor Drive, which only gives the boost once.
Motor Drive used to give a boost for every Electric-type move used on Electivire.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
this thing looks like a great addition to uu.

Not a huge thread but entirely usable, plus it looks awesome.

I suppose wild bolt could be useful against skarmory (lol) and water/flying types.

A good fourth move for a choice set.

Its been mentioned but yes, megahorn is great against enemy grass types.

Leafeon comes to mind with its huge defense, the poison/grass types inhibit megahorn's usefulness although.

this thing looks like a great addition to uu.

Not a huge thread but entirely usable, plus it looks awesome.

I suppose wild bolt could be useful against skarmory (lol) and water/flying types.

A good fourth move for a choice set.

Its been mentioned but yes, megahorn is great against enemy grass types.

Leafeon comes to mind with its huge defense, the poison/grass types inhibit megahorn's usefulness although.
Leafeon is pure Grass, and this Pokémon is Normal / Grass, so what are you talking about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)