Gen 3 SB2 server preparations

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just a nitpick:

[*]The Fire-type immunity to the burn status takes priority over Flash Fire, so Fire types can't absorb Will-O-Wisp.
Not "Fire types", you mean "Flash Fire users". Will-O-Wisp isn't absorbed by things like Skill Swap Venomoth (they get burned instead, while in 4th Gen they activate Flash Fire like it would do to Heatran).

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to mention, for the sake of this, that there is a moves.xml and moves.js in the resources folder of the SB2 server. It should be very, very easy to go and make changes to moves and what they do, tedious more than anything else. There are also species and item files for the same purpose, so the only thing I see that may have some difficulty are the mechanics, which might have some files floating around and if not, Colin should be able to move more "mechanics stuff" to the text files.

EDIT: Or you can find where it is in the source and make the appropriate changes, but it'd be honestly better if you only had to change the text files to make it work from a purist point of view.
I have seen those files, and yes all of the simple changes should be extremely easy to implement. The mechanics changes will require a coder though.

EDIT2: Sorry I can't be of any real use, but I remember something being mentioned about explosion ending the turn or not, some different behavior. Probably someone will remember what I meant.
?

[*]The Fire-type immunity to the burn status takes priority over Flash Fire, so Fire types can't absorb Will-O-Wisp.
Not "Fire types", you mean "Flash Fire users". Will-O-Wisp isn't absorbed by things like Skill Swap Venomoth (they get burned instead, while in 4th Gen they activate Flash Fire like it would do to Heatran).
Do you have a source for this, the person who pointed it out in the first place slightly implied the opposite.

Definitely in support of this.. playing older gens on the most active simulator again would be so fantastic, especially now with ladders and everything. I've given up trying to find matches regularly on Netbattle :(

Is there any way that this can be married with the source code for SB2 that is already out there? ete and I talked about this briefly yesterday and we would love for those with actual programming ability to take charge of this endeavor so it can become an "official" project. Don't let ete's efforts go to waste!
If this does become an official project, would the ADV tiers be changed according to the newer process now that usage stats are available?

Anyway, a few changes that I don't see on the list:

- Substitute doesn't block Yawn
- Wish "always works" (refering to how in DPP it doesn't heal a pokemon switching in after a KO)
- All type-boosting items (eg. Charcoal) are boosted by 10%

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If this does become an official project, would the ADV tiers be changed according to the newer process now that usage stats are available?
I would hope to see at least the BL/OU divide updated to reflect discrepancies between usage and expected usage. Something along the likes of the new UU tier is worth considering, but would not be viable unless there is widespread interest in it.

Anyway, a few changes that I don't see on the list:

- Substitute doesn't block Yawn
- Wish "always works" (refering to how in DPP it doesn't heal a pokemon switching in after a KO)
- All type-boosting items (eg. Charcoal) are boosted by 10%
The Wish change is included in changing the switching when something faints mechanics, if my understanding is correct.

Added the others, thanks.

Hail and Sandstorm get their own changes.

Sandstorm:

In DPPt, a sandstorm gives a rock type a 1.5 boost in special defense. In RSE, no such thing.

Hail:

In DPPt, Blizzard in hail becomes 100% accurate and breaks Protect. Neither boost is aplicable in RSE.

No abilities (aside from the obvious Forcast, Cloud Nine, Air Lock, and weather changers) exist that affect hail.

I THINK that's it for those. Maybe there are more though.

eric the espeon

Hail and Sandstorm get their own changes.

Sandstorm:

In DPPt, a sandstorm gives a rock type a 1.5 boost in special defense. In RSE, no such thing.

Hail:

In DPPt, Blizzard in hail becomes 100% accurate and breaks Protect. Neither boost is aplicable in RSE.

No abilities (aside from the obvious Forcast, Cloud Nine, Air Lock, and weather changers) exist that affect hail.

I THINK that's it for those. Maybe there are more though.
Good finds but they are already listed. From the OP:
Remove Sand Storm SpD boost.
Blizzard is not affected by hail.

"Flash Fire is not activated by Will-O-Wisp", is both more accurate and more concise.

Edit: No Sapientia, that is not correct, Sleep lasts 2-5 turns just like it does in DPP.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
"Flash Fire is not activated by Will-O-Wisp", is both more accurate and more concise.

Edit: No Sapientia, that is not correct, Sleep lasts 2-5 turns just like it does in DPP.
it's 1-4 rounds in dp ;)
I'm pretty sure you can sleep longer in adv then in dp, but I don't know how long exactly, but more then 5 rounds iirc

I remembered that my frozen voir didn't thawed, even under Sun.

@Sapientia: I think it's either the same as Reflect had said, or it determined by some sort of 'chance to wake up' system.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's no wake up chance like you have it with freezes.
It's the same system like in DP, but you can sleep for a longer time, I'm just not sure how long. 2-5 may be correct, but I thought it was possible to sleep longer, but maybe I don't remember this correct...

Sure, sun has no effect on freezes

eric the espeon

Worth bumping this to note that the info here along with that from other sources has been used to implement ADV on PO and hopefully will be used again for the new sim. Contributions here are encouraged if you want accurate mechanics.

It was my understanding that the Deoxys formes existed in ADV, and were dependant on which cartridge you used. Is this not the case?

eric the espeon

Correct, it is impossible to have different forms of deoxys on one team. Not that it changes anything in standard metagames due to the species clause, but worth noting anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)