Scalemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scalemons

Scalemons is an awesome new other meta with one important rule: every pokemon's BST is scaled proportionally to 600, so everything has the same BST. However the distribution is very different, effectively leveling the playing field.

Lets do an example:

Aegislash has 520 BST.

HP = 60. 60 * (600/520) = ~69
Attack = 50. 50 * (600/520) = ~58
Defense = 150. 150 * (600/520) = ~173
Special Attack = 50. 50 * (600/520) = ~58
Special Defense = 150. 150 * (600/520) = ~173
Speed = 60. 60 * (600/520) = ~69

A spreadsheet with all of the stats is here(zoom out for easier viewing): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k2bxLPFkcZhcxD0aBTDd1Yk8WrzxFZdyNAxle3UeJJc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

The banlist is as follows, more things are subject to ban at my discrepancy:
Code:
Huge Power
Pure Power
Eviolite
Light Ball
Thick Club
Deepseatooth
Deepseascale
Soul Dew (when released)
Note this banlist does not include a single pokemon because as of now no pokemon are banned. Some pokemon might eventually require a ban. All ubers are allowed, but standard OU clauses apply.

Feel free to discuss anything interesting you think of here, any sets that catch your interest. Right now the metagame is totally undeveloped and nobody really knows what's good and what isn't. It appears that huge range of pokemon can be used justifiably. Go nuts!
:mad:(thick club banned sorry)
This should be playable soon on Oiawesome's server kalos.psim.us

Last edited:
Abra and Hitmontop look like fun to play with in this meta. I can't pick stuff out, I'm on my phone so the docs doesn't work, but I went over it before now. Definitely going to play this and vote for OMotM(if I like it). Overall, good idea, and thanks for finally posting it.

I guess my one question is how is this going to differ dramatically from Averagemons? The two seem pretty similar since they're based on the premise of equalized base stats so that all Pokemon can (theoretically) be viable, except this meta scales them, which means that there are a lot of odd stat discrepancies such as M-Aerodactyl being slower than its regular counterpart and Chansey only having a 523 base stat. I also feel that, in all honesty, it's not very convenient to have a series of new base stats to memorize for the metagame.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Although I'm a heavy offense player, for some reason my mind always gravitates towards defensive pokemon.

Slowpoke would like to have a word. Great typing, massive physical bulk, regenerator and slack off. Have fun breaking this guy.

Rhyhorn also has massive physical bulk and decent attack to back that up.

Ditto is viable now lol.

Wooper walls stuff. Wooper + Clefable (I don't think prevos get unaware). GG.

Qwilfish is a boss. Idc if it's actually not viable, it's awesome. (but with decent physical bulk, great typing, and intimidate, it might work).

Smeargle best support mon gg. 180 speed.

Not defensive but: Shedinja 229 attack just for lols. Doesn't die from hazards either.

Also not defensive: Carvahna looks like a beast here.

And Trapinch with 207 atk and arena trap.

Staraptor has more attack to wreck stuff, but it might be outclassed by other pokes.

Hippopatas seems strong. Pretty much does the exact same thing as hippowdown, just slightly better stats. Great physical tank and weather setter.

Rotoms are even bulkier .____.

Arceus might actually still have use because of its ability to change type and its huge movepool.

More later :P

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Averagemons has a lot different viable pokemon, since all the stats are set to 100. This has actually more similarities to Negative Metagame, except some fully evolved pokemon don't look bad at all here.

Although I'm a heavy offense player, for some reason my mind always gravitates towards defensive pokemon.

Slowpoke would like to have a word. Great typing, massive physical bulk, regenerator and slack off. Have fun breaking this guy.

Rhyhorn also has massive physical bulk and decent attack to back that up.

Ditto is viable now lol.

Wooper walls stuff. Wooper + Clefable (I don't think prevos get unaware). GG.

Qwilfish is a boss. Idc if it's actually not viable, it's awesome. (but with decent physical bulk, great typing, and intimidate, it might work).

Smeargle best support mon gg. 180 speed.

Not defensive but: Shedinja 229 attack just for lols. Doesn't die from hazards either.

Also not defensive: Carvahna looks like a beast here.

And Trapinch with 207 atk and arena trap.

More later :P
You stole my idea ;(. Anyway, Trapinch is the perfect revenge-killer when it holds a Sash. Anyway, many of the Megas look threatening. Did you consider doing the "700 idea"? I mean, sure Mega-Bannette(for example) doesn't look too powerful, but it gets Prankster and a huge attack(unlike Sableye). Many of them might need banned if the 700 idea doesn't happen, and that would probably be a worse decision.
Just my 2cents.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
You stole my idea ;(. Anyway, Trapinch is the perfect revenge-killer when it holds a Sash. Anyway, many of the Megas look threatening. Did you consider doing the "700 idea"? I mean, sure Mega-Bannette(for example) doesn't look too powerful, but it gets Prankster and a huge attack(unlike Sableye). Many of them might need banned if the 700 idea doesn't happen, and that would probably be a worse decision.
Just my 2cents.
What's the 700 idea?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Probably scaling the stats to 700 rather than 600, imo it looks fine the way it is, because then some of the megas will wound up being too powerful. Charizard for instance may get even higher attack with tough claws, but idk really, if you balance it all out to 700 they are all just as equally powerful, but right now, bringing ubers down to 600, and non-ubers up to 600 looks fine imo.

In the stat chart in the OP, Megas actually lose HP after mega evolving, due to the way scaling works, so that probably needs to be changed. If it isn't, then Megas are generally worse than their standard forms.

Spinda with pixie-level stats? do want.
Kricketune looks really promising, with techncian and those stats.
Cranidos looks beautiful, with 99 speed and 214 attack.
Drifloon has a crazy cool stat distribution. 155 HP, 103 SpA, and 124 Spd. it has a functional max SpA of about 500 after flare boost.
In the same vein, Teddiursa looks like it could run quick feet really well.

So when was discussed, I brought this up and ill bring it up again
for all your physical damage needs:

Cranidos
214 atk + SHEER FORCE. 99 speed too.
learns rock slide, learns punches, super power, etc.

Im seeing this little fellow to be a serious threat when this comes playable.

am i the only one here who doesn't understand the munchlax/goths ban? (can someone explain to me i just dgi for some reason: is it because of shadow tag or something, especially munchlax)

also yeah some pokemon with in-battle forme changes has different bst leading to different hp numbers (aka all the mega pokemon and darm-zen), how is that going to be handled?

edit: also wtf abra
and chansey's hp is apparently unchanged so she has the lowest bst out of everything at like 523

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
am i the only one here who doesn't understand the munchlax/goths ban? (can someone explain to me i just dgi for some reason: is it because of shadow tag or something, especially munchlax)

also yeah some pokemon with in-battle forme changes has different bst leading to different hp numbers (aka all the mega pokemon and darm-zen), how is that going to be handled?

edit: also wtf abra
and chansey's hp is apparently unchanged so she has the lowest bst out of everything at like 523
For munchlax, imagine Chansey. Now imagine said chansey on steroids. Now imagine said chansey with half-decent attack. Now imagine said chansey fused with shuckle. You got Munchlax.

Munchlax Stats: 208/131/62/62/131/8

We ran some calcs, only really strong fighting types can grab kills, for example modest specs ogre can't OHKO.

ah ok seems reasonable. only thing that i'd say is that munchlax doesn't have any reliable recovery (rofl slack off) unlike standard chansey so it doesn't really seem as easy to wear down. doesnt kyogre only have like 134 spA though?

Klefki gets much bulkier with 116 Def! So a SubCM set might be viable:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Darmanitan seems pretty sweet with 175 base Attack and 119 base Speed.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippopotas: 255-302 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Spinda with pixie-level stats? do want.
Kricketune looks really promising, with techncian and those stats.
Cranidos looks beautiful, with 99 speed and 214 attack.
Drifloon has a crazy cool stat distribution. 155 HP, 103 SpA, and 124 Spd. it has a functional max SpA of about 500 after flare boost.
In the same vein, Teddiursa looks like it could run quick feet really well.
Interestingly enough, ursaring is better for quick feet because it has higher attack. Dunno if teddiursa has guts. Speaking of guts, with that attack stat, ursa can wreck stuff with facade.

Sableye has 79/118/103 defenses now. And a decent 118 base attack.
Fml.

Cofagrigous seems incredible... 72/180/130 defenses, 118 special attack, and an amazingly low speed tier (37 base) make me think he has the potential to be an all star with his trick room/nasty plot set... or just as an annoyance with Wisp/Split.

Speaking of Trick Room on Cofagrigous, another good user is Solosis. 207 base special attack? Yes please. That on top of 93/83/103 defenses? Sign me up! Trick room could definitely be a legit playstyle, especially since things with lower speed got the rest of their stats scaled *more.*

Alomomola's bulk just got seriously better (211/102/54). It also has nearly 100 attack. But seriously, 211 HP wishes that Alomomola doesn't have to consume itself because *It's got regenerator restoring over 200 HP every time it switches out*. I expect to see specially defensive Alomomola with Waterfall/Toxic/Wish/Protect or something similar to be the best physical wall in the meta. I've seen a decent soak Alomomola set too (soak + toxic allows Alo to toxic steel and poison types- such as Skarmory or Klefki).

Dieno has 130 base attack + hustle, could be useful; unfortunately, low (76) speed lets him down. Still could make a legit scarfer possibly. Or a trick room candidate. I can already see that I'm going to opt for a trick room team.

Lileep: 112/69/130/102/147/39
Has an effective base 245 SpD in sand, storm drain, reliable recovery and an offensive presence.

Shellder: 59/128/197/89/49/79
Cloyster: 57/109/206/97/51/80
Slight improvements on the OU version of Cloyster. Shellder appreciates the attack boost more though.

Farfetch'd: 89/111/94/99/106/102
SD set viable?

Diglett: 23/125/57/79/102/215
Has arena trap and is the fastest pokemon that isn't a fish. Can run Adamant and comfortably outspeed jolly Tailow. However, it suffers from Deo-A syndrome: 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Persian Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diglett: 164-192 (87.7 - 102.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Dugtrio: 52/119/74/74/104/178
Bulkier but slower and slightly weaker alternative to Diglett for tanking weak priority.

P.S. Skarm-Wooper-Clefable looks incredibly OP

In the om room today we were talking about how much of a beast numel can be especially in the sun simple growth in the sun is just insane.

Is kangaskhanite really worth an initial banning? Mega Kanga only received a very minimal buff while everything around it is far better than it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)