ORAS OU Scarf Keldeo is good.

I've wanted to post a team on this forum for a while now and this is a fun team I've played around with for a while so here's what I have made.

Team Building process:

As the title suggests, I decided to build this team around scarf Keldeo because there isn't many pokemon in this tier that can switch into it easily and it's just a fun pokemon in general.

I decided on Weavile for my next pick to take care of latis and zam who threaten Keldeo

Seeing as I so far had nothing for Talonflame, I decided I needed something for it. Heatran, in my opinion, is one of the best options.

The next member on the team needed to be able to handle two pokemon who are on almost every team. One being Keldeo, the other being Azumarill. Who better to take them on then Mega Venusaur?

Tornadus-T is on the team basically because I needed something for fighting types and bulky Excadrill is for spinning hazards.

In Depth:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Scarf Keldeo is a really scary threat in this metagame. There aren't many switchins and with a scarf those switchins will most likely be 2hko'd. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword have really nice coverage and do massive damage to anything in front of it. Scald is there in case you don't want to miss and has a nice chance to burn the opponent. I chose hp electric over icy wind or hp ice so Gyarados isn't able to set up on Keldeo.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Weavile was originally put on this team to pursuit-trap the lati twins or any other psychic/ghost type but after using it I found it was useful in other scenarios as well. Weavile also takes care of flying types that aren't named Talonflame because it outspeeds most of them. Icicle Crash and Knock off are great dual stab moves and Ice Shard is for picking off weak mons.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Building a team around Keldeo meant I had to prepare for Pokemon like Talonflame, who can come in and revenge kill it. Heatran's purpose on this team is to come in on Talonflame and pressure it out. Offensive Heatran also takes care of fairy types like Clafable and Mega Altaria with Flash Cannon and steel types like Ferrothorn, Magnezone, etc. Earth Power is to catch opposing Heatrans as well as Mega Charizard X and Tentacruel. I gave it Stealth Rock because it turns some crucial 2hkos to ohkos and it stops pokemon like Talonflame and Charizard from freely switching in.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Mega Venusaur works well to combat against two powerhouses in the OU tier. Both Azumarill and Keldeo can't do much and are walled by this set and are handled 1v1. Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain takes care of each threat respectively while Leech Seed + Synthesis is used to keep M-Venusaur alive and well. The EV spread is to maximize bulk while outspeeding adamant max speed Azumaill.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This team has 4 pokemon who are at least neutrally hit by fighting type attacks, 3 of those are hit super effectively. Torn is here to sponge Fighting type attacks and keep offensive pressure along with taking out threats, like opposing specs Keldeo and mega Venusaur, as well as Conkeldurr and Mega Medicham with Hurricane. Focus Blast is for Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, who can take a Hurricane well. Knock off is a really useful move to get rid of items and U-Turn is to keep offensive pressure on your opponent when they switch.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Excadrill is basically here to get rid of rocks and to back up Heatran because Heatran's primary job is taking care of Talonflame and he needs to stay healthy to do that. Excadrill can come in on fairy types like Clefable and Mega Altaria (if Mega Altaria doesn't have Earthquake) and hit them hard with Iron Head or rapid spin. Toxic is to weaken potential switchins like Hippowdon or Slowbro. I chose a specially defensive Excadrill so it can live a flamethrower from Clef or a lava plume from Spdef Heatran. Spedef Heatran is also ohko'd by EQ.

Threatlist:

Mega Charizard Y is the biggest threat to this team (and most teams). Switching into it is impossible most of the time and there isn't too much this team can do in order to stop it other than get rocks up and keep pressure on the opponent to stop them from getting rid of them.

Talonflame is pressured by Heatran, but if heatran is weakened, it can wreak havoc on this team.

Flying types in general can give this team a problem if they aren't properly dealt with. Though Weavile outspeeds most and can ohko most with Icicle Crash, assuming it hits.

Conkeldurr can't do too much to Mega Venusaur or Torn-T but there are 3 pokemon on this team who are threatened by it so Conk can be a pain if you aren't careful.

Other than that I can't think of any other threats that are immediately concerning.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

This is my first team I made that had serious competitive play in mind so I hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
Hi eddayyyyy really cool team! As you said your team is really weak to Talonflame, so make heatran bulky and put stone edge > flash cannon, venusaur already checks most of the fairys so you dont really need another check unlike of a really solid talonflame check, the spread allows you to ohko standard charizard-y while living one focus blast. Now i think you should really invest your venusaur evs in def, using this spread EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe, in this way you can check Lopunny which beats your entire team and can be revengekilled only by keldeo and you can also tank better strong physical attackers like landot and bisharp. Hidden power fire is needed to not be fodder of bisharp and scizor giving them a free setup. Then maximize Tornadus-T speed so you can outspeed Alakazam and tie with other Tornadus-T which can give you problem if packing a fighting move. Lastly you really suffer Mega Gardevoir and Mega metagross, so as last change id replace excadrill with spdef skarmory. It still provides you hazard control thanks to defog, can switch into every set of metagross (except for the rare thunderpunch) and phaze him out with whirlwind, while iron head is a clean 2hko on gardevoir. If you think metagross can still be a problem you can also run heat wave > Focus miss Blast on Torn-T.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Defog

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Hi eddayyyyy really cool team! As you said your team is really weak to Talonflame, so make heatran bulky and put stone edge > flash cannon, venusaur already checks most of the fairys so you dont really need another check unlike of a really solid talonflame check, the spread allows you to ohko standard charizard-y while living one focus blast. Now i think you should really invest your venusaur evs in def, using this spread EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe, in this way you can check Lopunny which beats your entire team and can be revengekilled only by keldeo and you can also tank better strong physical attackers like landot and bisharp. Hidden power fire is needed to not be fodder of bisharp and scizor giving them a free setup. Then maximize Tornadus-T speed so you can outspeed Alakazam and tie with other Tornadus-T which can give you problem if packing a fighting move. Lastly you really suffer Mega Gardevoir and Mega metagross, so as last change id replace excadrill with spdef skarmory. It still provides you hazard control thanks to defog, can switch into every set of metagross (except for the rare thunderpunch) and phaze him out with whirlwind, while iron head is a clean 2hko on gardevoir. If you think metagross can still be a problem you can also run heat wave > Focus miss Blast on Torn-T.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Defog

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
I just tested this out a little on the ladder and these sets are really nice I think I'm gonna put them up thanks a lot! My only concern is the ev spread for Torn-T being max speed I feel like it takes away from Torn's bulk. Weavile already takes care of non sash zams and if it is sashed I can tank one hit with torn and u-turn into weavile.

ive done some playtesting (with the adjustments) and one major threat is sableye, its pretty much gg if they have one as you lack setup and and heatran cant deal with it. id reccomend replacing tornadus therian with magic guard clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

would be a nice fit in my opinion, that gives you setup and an answer to magic guard/tanky pokemon. in general a blaance team without setup/really hard hitters doesnt do very well. in my opinion this type of semi-stall/balance mix has too many problems but i supose it could do well versus balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)