Scavengers Galore!

Hi Everybody!
With the introduction of Mandibuzz into the tier, defense-oriented teams have got a nice boost, so I decided to construct a team utilising Mandibuzz and co:
Team Members:

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 Def/248 HP/8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

The latest member of NU, Mandibuzz specializes in walling a large portion of the metagame and beating physical attackers with Foul Play. This set(Don Honchkorleone’s) helps beat out physical attackers with Foul Play, Toxic on other mons and Taunt + Roost to stall out these attackers.

Musharna@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
I needed another mon who could get rid of mons standing in Sawk’s way and this is my favourite mon. CM Musharna can boost up on lots of mons and heal off any damage with Moonlight. Psychic and Signal Beam provide needed coverage for the team. I decided on Musharna over Jynx because Musharna has much more bulk and while the SpA loss is considerable, far more people are running counters to Jynx than Musharna as of now.

Sawk@Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Standard CB Sawk, Mandibuzz and Musharna help clear up the stage for the premier NU Fighting type to sweep. Adamant CC hits like a truck and can easily lay waste to the meta. I chose Sawk simply because Mandibuzz and Musharna handle most of what Sawk can't. Enough said.

Magmar@Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA /212 HP/44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- HP Grass

At this point, I needed a mon who could absorb Lovely Kisses from Jynx and obliterate it before it caused Sawk too much trouble. Also needing a Fire type, I decided to go for Bulky Magmar. This mon can easily wall Jynx and force it to switch out, allowing for the substitute and Magmar to sweep. Fire Blast, Focus Blast and HP Grass give good coverage and can help patch up the team.

Scolipede@Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk /252 Spd /4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Needing some offensive presence, the ability to get up Spikes as well as to absorb Toxic Spikes, I chose Scolipede. Scolipede sits at a high speed tier, outspeeding most common threats and offering crucial rock-type coverage alongside sawk as well as STAB Megahorn.

Seismitoad@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA/252 HP/ 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Now needing BOTH a water-type and a counter to water-types, I chose Seismitoad. Seismitoad with full investment has enough wallbreaking power to beat out some of the common water-types in the meta. SR helps vs Charizard, Scolipede and Jynx, while the other three are common attacking types.

Threats to the team:
1) Scarf Jynx: Scarf Jynx outspeeds the whole team, can trick a Scarf on Magmar and Lovely Kiss any one member once Magmar is out(although a weakened Musharna can be used as sleep fodder to sleep off Jynx as well).
2) No Clue(help please!)

Thanks in advance!

Vyomov

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man.

This is a pretty balanced team from what I can tell, and as such the lack of a consistent revenge killer really hinders this team's functionality towards threats like Swellow or Braviary, as you don't have anything that can avoid taking a really strong hit from their best STAB options and you don't seem to have a subjective way of forcing them to react without putting them in some type of disadvantage. This also goes the same token with other fast and hard-hitting Normal-type offensive Pokemon likewise. A nice alternate that I would suggest over Magmar as a result would be Klang with perhaps the mono-attacker set, as its myriad of useful resists for the team allows you to take advantage of those threats while being able to cover most of what Magmar itself already provides an insurance towards, as even Jynx can be taken advantage of with the extra bulk invested, along with RestTalk, and thus provides you a win condition of a setup sweeper that poses particularly good synergy with Musharna and Mandibuzz. With this suggestion taken to account, perhaps you can also consider utilizing Toxic Spikes on Scolipede over Rock Slide, as Klang is able to take advantage of most of those targets and will be able to setup on Alomomola without being forced out with such support. Toxic Spikes also allows you to match up better against Rain teams, which consists of threats that this team isn't tailor-made to deal with as well as you might think.

This also adds to your weakness to special attacking Water-types (not that the latter really helped anyways though) that can get past Seismitoad, being Ludicolo, Samurott, or Simipour. They also don't have much problem getting past most of this team, especially with hazards up. Rain Dance Ludicolo is able to check basically all of those specific threats by virtue of its typing, and can provide an addition win condition that is able to threaten most Stealth Rock users likewise from Sawk's case. It also provides good offensive synergy for Klang, as most of the threats that Sawk would address to otherwise would be better left for Klang to setup on for free otherwise.

Hope I helped.

Code:
Scolipede: Toxic Spikes > Rock Slide

Klang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 40 SDef / 92 Spd
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Rest
- Gear Grind
- Sleep Talk

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Hi!
Firstly, thanks a lot for the suggestions!
I tried out your suggestions, and while they worked well, Klang doesn't offer me the Fire-type coverage needed on mons like, ironically, Klang itself since my team(if I replace Sawk with Ludicolo) has no way of hitting them hard.

After playing around with the 6 "starters" and the two mons Agent Dell suggested, I saw that the two most underperforming mons were:
a) Mandibuzz, because Musharna and Klang tanked most of the hits just as well and offered more offensive presence
b) Seismitoad, who could not deal with opposing rain teams and water types in general as well as Ludicolo

So I decided to replace Seismitoad with Ludicolo and Mandibuzz with Klang.
Magmar was now not really needed because I had SE hits on every single type hit SE by Fire, so I'm one team member short. I was thinking of Dark type coverage when I came across this revenge killer:
Zweilous@Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Aqua Tail

This mon helps revenge kill if Klang is out of the scene and can easily late game clean up.

Will edit team when I get time, thanks once again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)