Sceptile: Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 208 Spe / 252 Atk / 48 Hp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X Scissor
- Rock Slide

And it's been working quite well for me, combined with a Magnet trap (Timid) Magnezone and a Shell Break (Jolly) Cloyster. As with Magnezone, I can paralyze and trap any sort of Bulky wall/steel types and then after crippling them, i switch out for My little Geico Gecko, who is generally able to pull of two swords dances, leaving him with a x4 movepool with a horrifying diversity. Plus with his great natural speed he is a trully terrifying threat. I gave him the extra Hp to help him survive the occasional priority, but generally ice shard is his only real problem. However, even a x2 Rockslide or Leaf Blade will generally solve that poke-problem granted he survives. He might have a better Sp. Att right off the bat, but they did give him Swords dance/Hone claws for a reason. Sure a "Modest/Grass jeweled/overgrow/leaf storm" will KILL something... once, but then after that what are you left with? A Lord of the forest without anything to back up on, and granted, you might have giga drain... but after using leaf storm, thats not gonna put a nice nest egg back to your Hp, I like taking my Gecko to the gym (ever since R/S/E mind you), and all that weight training really comes back to save your butt.

All I have to say in response to the above set is sandstorm and hazards. Have fun having dead weight on your team.

This is before even mentioning that the same exact same set has been suggested dozens of times on this thread and all of them have been rejected.

I'm not saying this is going to work, but why not trying...

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Overgrow
252 Attack 232 Speed 24 SP.Attack
Naive/Hasty

Hone Claws
Focus Blast
Leaf Blade
Rock Slide/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Brick Break/X-Scissors/Night Slash

Ok, The idea behind this set is Switch on something that Sceptile can scary after a dead foe on mid/late game when everything is a little bit weakened. Then Hone Claw and you are at +1, with a "decent" attack with a good coverage, and a Focus blast that will hit. The big problem with focus blast is that is MISSES!, but thanks to Hone claws it will hit, not very strongly but you will use it just when it's VE, it's 120 BP and gives you a lot of coverage with all the steels typs around... Also with hone claws you get the old signature STAB that sceptile can learn (Leaf blade -.-) boosted. The last move is for coverage, Rock slide turns into a perfect accuary move and has the best coverage possible. Dragon claw is for dragons that are always around. Earthquake is the most powerfull of all the physical attacks that sceptile can learn but leaves you with no really good response to Flying types. Brick break is good for hitting bliss but having two fighting types is MEH... Night slash is not good at all, it can hit psychic types but nothing else, and X-Scissor is a little bit better, it will put a dent to Psychic types AND grass types. Overgrow is the only viable ability to Sceptile. Life orb is there cause you NEED the extra boost if you wanna kill something
I'm still not sure on the EV, the idea is to Outspeed positive speed nature with 115 base stat (I'm not sure if 232 is enough but I think it is). Maximize attack and the rest would go to SpA. You can switch some Attack EV to SpA for trying to kill something specific but it depends.

Another one similar

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Overgrow
252 Attack 232 Speed 24 SP.Attack
Naive/Hasty

Hone Claws
Leaf Storm
Brick Break/Leaf Blade/Drain Punch/Earthquake
Rock Slide/Dragon Claw/X-Scissors

Like the previous one but a little bit different. After the hone claw you will have 1 shot of your most powerful STAB move with perfect accuary, and then 2 coverage moves. With BB and RS you cover Steel-Normal-Rock-Bug-Flying-Ice-Fire, drain punch is a little bit less powerful but gives you recovery from the LO. . Leaf blade gives you a realiable stab and with RS it has good coverage. Earthquake and RS give the infamous edge quake combo. DC and X-scissor are just options but I think they're inferior.

I haven't used these sets, so it's just in theory but I didn't see them around.

I think Virizion would run both those sets better and with more longevity. Sceptile is just...too frail to set up in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)