move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Rock Slide / Earthquake
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Naive
ability: Overgrow
EVs: 84 Atk / 252 SpA / 172 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Faster than +2 max speed Cloyster and all relevant +1s
  • Leaf Storm gives power, Hp Ice and Focus Blast are for coverage, Rock Slide is for Volcarona
  • Can out speed and OHKO Keldeo, Terrakion, DD Dragonite with broken Multiscale, Defensive Politoed, Cloyster, and offensive Valcorana (75% for offensive Volcarona)
  • Needs neutral Leaf Storm or 4x Coverage move to deal enough damage.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake deals more damage to Ninetails and Heatran.
  • Evs give max attacking stats while still out speeding +2 Jolly Cloyster
  • Naive makes Mamoswine's Ice Shard rarely OHKO, Leaf Storm OHKOs back
  • Maybe ThunderPunch for Gyarados?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rather than explain the set and what it does, I think you should explain "why this set should be on-site" (http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=156&a=227). IMO Sceptile is a little too weak and dependent on coverage to effectively use Scarf, and the only reason I could picture using it is to hit timid 180 Venusaur in the sun, but even then HP Ice only does a little to it.

I won't immediately reject this, but please make a good case in bold.

it's too weak and dependent on coverage moves. leaf storm is easily set up on, and almost all of its moves do not have 100% accuracy making it a liability if they miss. you can outspeed keldeo + terrakion etc, yes; however, they can just go into their ferrothorn / jirachi / scizor and you're walled. i can't see this happening, sorry.

qc rejected 1/3

it's too weak and dependent on coverage moves. leaf storm is easily set up on, and almost all of its moves do not have 100% accuracy making it a liability if they miss. you can outspeed keldeo + terrakion etc, yes; however, they can just go into their ferrothorn / jirachi / scizor and you're walled. i can't see this happening, sorry.

qc rejected 1/3
Surprisingly, that has not happened in any of my tests. That is not an excuse however, and you make a very valid point I have oversaw even with testing, so I agree this should be locked and moved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)