1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sceptile gon' sweep

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by KTBadz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. KTBadz

KTBadz

Hey guys, some of you might know me as Pharaoh but since I forgot my password and my email was stolen that's not too useful right now. Anyhow, I created this team to utilise Sceptile's unburden and great Special Attack and Speed. It's been my most successful team since I've come back to Pokemon, and is now at 1490. I'm still using it but I would like a few tweaks to deal with a few threats better, especially Blissey, without harming the overall team. So without further ado, here we go.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Nasty Plot
    - Baton Pass
    - Leaf Storm

Celebi's my lead and SR setter. It usually has enough bulk to at least set up Rocks without needing a sash. I chose lefties over the sash because it's not your regular suicide lead, and in a best case scenario, I'd like it to survive so it can pass Nasty Plots to my other Pokemons. Stealth Rock is the usual, and is a prerequisite when dealing with DNite. After a Nasty Plot or two, Sceptile becomes absolutely unstoppable(Besides Blissey). Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB and gives Shell Smash Cloyster leads an unpleasant surprise. The EVs allow for maximum bulk to give it the ability to survive common threats.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Superpower

Haxorus works as a revenge killer and a late-game sweeper. An Outrage off that attack stat can OHKO most Pokemon with Rocks up. Earthquake is useful for Heatrans and the like. Aqua Tail helps with Balloon holding Fire Types and such, while Superpower helps with TTar. This is usually pointless though as Outrage is pretty much the only move I've used on it, minus 1 or 2 Earthquakes.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

Latias is a bulky sweeper and helps kill certain Pokes like Gyarados due its bulk. Dragon Pulse is for STAB and puts a dent on any fellow Dragon. Recover allows it to survive longer. Surf is for Heatrans mainly, as they wall Sceptile to no end. Thunderbolt gives it the edge over Skarmory and Gyarados. The EVs allow it to dent most Pokemons while giving it bulk.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power

Heatran is brilliant at stalling and gives any Mon that tries to setup on it an ugly surprise with Toxic. Toxic allows me to kill any Pokemon that has set up as well as walls. Protect stalls and allows for an extra turn of Leftovers recovery. Lava Plume is my go to STAB move, and after a Flash Fire boost can bring the pain. It also allows me to sometimes burn incoming Physical Sweepers. Earth Power helps with opposing Heatrans without Balloons, as well as general Fire types which it switches into.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Wish
    - U-turn

Jirachi can kill plenty of threats thanks to Serene Grace. U-Turn allows for scouting and aids in killing Celebis and TTars. Body Slam's paralysis rate is surprisingly high and pretty much puts a Mon out of service. Iron Head gets flinches and can get really annoying in tandem with Paralysis. Wish allows me to pass wishes to harmed teammates, usually reserved for Celebi so he can pass a Nasty Plot to Latias or Tran.

Sceptile (M) @ Petaya Berry
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Spd / 244 SAtk / 12 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Finally, the star of the show. Sceptile has taken plenty of unsuspecting opponents off guard. The premise is simple, Sub 3 times to get the Petaya Berry and Unburden boost. Then proceed to use the proper attacking moves. Giga Drain is incredibly helpful at that point to regain some staying power. Dragon Pulse kills Dragons and Fire types. HP Fire allows me to kill Scizors, Forretresses, Ferrothorns and general Grass and Steel types. HP Fire also allows me to kill Scizors early on who think they can setup or use U-Turn to avoid giving me a free turn due to Choice Band. Heatran and Blissey are major problems. Heatran is dealt with well by other Pokemon, but Blissey always gives me a run for my money.

Thank you for taking the time to read and rate this.
  2. Hopkinc1

Hopkinc1

I love using Sub Petaya Sceptile, that's what I use on my RU Team. He is an absolute monster. One thing I do suggest for him, however, is using HP Rock over HP Fire. Yea, now other grass types wall you to no end, but HP Rock does super effective damage to 4/5 types that completely screw up your Sceptle (Rock, Bug, Flying and Ice), for Poison I have used a mixed set but other than that I don't know how you can deal with him. I would also maybe change him to a slightly more mixed set for OU, with Acrobatics instead of Dragon Pulse. You have plenty of Dragon Type moves to deal with them. When the Petaya Berry is gone, that also doubles in power giving it base 110. That can take care of other Grass types for you.Everything else looks pretty good man! Great team overall :)
  3. KTBadz

KTBadz

I tried that set but it slowed down momentum because I usually go straight from my Celebi lead to Sceptile after a Nasty Plot. HP Fire gives it the surprise factor against Scizor and Ferrothorn while Dragon Pulse destroys most dragons. The only 2 Pokemons it really can't handle are Blissey and Heatran I find. After a Nasty Plot with Rocks up it OHKOs most everything.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)