Sceptile (OU Analysis)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Woooooooooo Sceptile.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/sceptile

[Overview]
<p>Sceptile's excellent Speed and vast movepool allow him to perform a variety of jobs well. Sceptile can slowly wear down the enemy using Leech Seed or can go the more offensive route and attempt to KO the opposing team. However, Sceptile faces problems due to his poor defenses. He takes large amounts of damage even from neutral hits and is especially weak to priority and opposing Choice Scarf Pokémon. Despite these shortcomings, when used correctly, Sceptile can be a nuisance to your opponent's team.</p>

[SET]
name: SubSeed
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
ivs: 7 HP
evs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Sceptile's position as the fastest SubSeeder was at one point usurped by Shaymin-S. However, with Shaymin-S being banned to Ubers, Sceptile can once again do what he does best: slowly wear down the opponent with Leech Seed. This set works similarly to his UU counterpart.</p>

<p>Substitute not only scouts for attacks, but can also protect Sceptile from taking heavy damage because of his mediocre defenses. Leech Seed serves a twofold purpose: to restore Sceptile's HP, allowing him to create more Substitutes and slowly to drain the opponent's HP. Grass Knot is the preferred STAB attack, scaring away bulky Water-type Pokémon like Swampert and Suicune. Alternatively, Energy Ball can be used, as it hits lighter enemies like Vaporeon and Rotom-A for more damage. Leaf Storm also deserves a mention as Sceptile should be spending most of its time setting up Substitutes, and two Leaf Storms will out-damage two Grass Knots or Energy Balls unless Grass Knot is hitting for 120 Base Power. Unfortunately, Leaf Storm does leave Sceptile's Hidden Power severely weakened. The last moveslot is mainly used to hit Sceptile's primary checks, along with Grass-type Pokémon that are immune to Leech Seed. Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ice targets Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>7 HP IVs allow Sceptile to attain the lowest Leftovers number + 1 possible in order to maximize the percentage gained from Leech Seed. The EVs listed let Sceptile outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and also attain an OHKO on Choice Band Scizor after Stealth Rock. 4 additional Speed EVs are required due to the IV drop from Hidden Power Fire, though. The remaining EVs go into Special Defense to take Surfs and Thunderbolts better. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then an EV spread of 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe should be used to OHKO Gliscor after Stealth Rock damage with it. An EV spread of 32 HP / 220 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe with a 31 HP IV can also be used to prevent his Substitutes from being broken by Vaporeon's, Suicune's, and Swampert's Surfs along with defensive Rotom-A's Thunderbolts.</p>

<p>This set is notorious for causing switches, which means entry hazard support is useful to further wear down your opponent's team. Heatran is a good choice to set up Stealth Rock as he resists all of Sceptile's weaknesses while Sceptile resists all of Heatran's except for Fighting. Both Forretress and Skarmory can be used to set up Spikes. Forretress has the additional benefit of setting up Toxic Spikes and removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin, while Skarmory has Roost to lengthen its longevity and Whirlwind to scout the opponent's team and rack up more entry hazard damage. Toxic Spikes are especially helpful as it allows Sceptile to beat Blissey. As with all entry hazard abusers, a good partner would be a Ghost-type Pokémon to block Rapid Spin. Rotom-A is a good choice as it can use its super effective moves to scare away Rapid Spinners. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then Rotom-H would be a good choice to smash Scizor and Forretress.</p>

<p>Sceptile likes switching in on Water-type Pokémon. As previously mentioned, Heatran is a good partner because he can lure out Water-type Pokémon and hit them with Toxic. Depending on which Hidden Power you use, you will have problems with either Dragon-type Pokémon or Steel-type Pokémon. With Hidden Power Fire, Salamence and Dragonite with Roost are problematic because they can heal away the Leech Seed damage. Mamoswine works as a failsafe to beat these Pokémon, but he doesn't bring any useful resistances to the table. Scizor can hit a weakened Dragon with a powerful Bullet Punch. A bulky Water-type such as Swampert or Suicune can also work provided it doesn't sustain too much damage beforehand. If you opt to use Hidden Power Ice, Steel-types become an issue. Forretress and Skarmory can come in and set up entry hazards while Scizor has no fear of U-turning out. Magnezone can be used to trap and KO these Pokémon while maintaining good synergy with Sceptile. Heatran can come in and threaten them with a STAB Fire move, while Substitute Gengar can lure them in and KO them with Hidden Power Fire or Thunderbolt. Tentacruel and Starmie are both good partners for their ability to Rapid Spin away any entry hazards, most notably Toxic Spikes as they can reduce Sceptile's effectiveness.</p>

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Earthquake / Focus Blast / Protect
move 3: Dragon Pulse
move 4: Hidden Power Fire
item: Life Orb
nature: Hasty / Timid
evs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set abuses Sceptile's blazing Speed along with high-powered moves in order to decimate the opponent's team. With Sceptile's wide type coverage, many teams without Blissey or Snorlax will have problems switching into it safely.</p>

<p>Leaf Storm is Sceptile's main attack on this set, hitting for 210 Base Power including STAB. Combined with Life Orb and a potential Overgrow boost, anything that doesn't resist it is going to get slaughtered. Earthquake with the given Attack EVs allows Sceptile to always KO 0 HP Heatran after Stealth Rock. Focus Blast can be used as it isn't affected by Intimidate and doesn't diminish Sceptile's Defense with a Hasty nature. It also hits Blissey and Snorlax harder than Earthquake would. Protect is an option to scout against Scizor and either OHKO him with Hidden Power Fire or switch out depending on his selected move. Dragon Pulse hits Dragon-types and any weakened Pokémon, while Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-types bar Heatran, who is hit by both Earthquake and Focus Blast.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EVs of this set allow Sceptile to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Tyranitar and still hit as hard as possible. The remaining EVs are put into Attack in order to OHKO 0 HP Heatran 100% of the time. If using a Timid nature, then those EVs can be moved into HP in order to soften some attacks.</p>

<p>With his great type coverage, only dedicated tanks can take a hit and retaliate. Both Blissey and Snorlax can take a Focus Blast and cripple Sceptile, while Cresselia can sponge a Leaf Storm and hit back with Ice Beam. Choice Band Scizor can threaten all three with either U-turn, Superpower, or Pursuit, making him a valuable teammate. Tyranitar can also scare away all three provided that he has the moves with which to hit them, but brings sandstorm along with him, which reduces Sceptile's longevity. Heatran and Infernape are also good choices to get rid of Blissey and Snorlax because not only do they threaten to OHKO them, but Sceptile can switch into the Water- and Ground-type moves aimed at them.</p>

<p>Once something is sacrificed to Sceptile, most notably after a Leaf Storm, Scizor can easily come in and threaten him with a Bullet Punch or Pursuit. Magnezone is a good partner because it easily removes a Scizor locked into any of the moves that Sceptile will lure. With Scizor gone thanks to Magnezone and bulky Water-types gone due to Sceptile, Salamence can exploit these holes, as many teams rely on bulk or Scizor to stop him.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Sceptile doesn't have the greatest defensive stats in the world. With this in mind, it would be a good idea to have a Fire-type Pokémon that can lure in Surfs and Earthquakes for Sceptile to switch into. Heatran and Infernape are both good teammates as they both lure in Pokémon such as Suicune, Vaporeon, and Swampert, allowing Sceptile to come in on a predicted Surf or Earthquake. Sceptile also fears Pokémon such as Scizor, who can U-turn out and leave Sceptile without a Substitute. Magnezone can trap and KO Scizor while Heatran can wall all of Scizor's attacks except for Superpower. Magnezone and Heatran can also handle Forretress and Skarmory switch-ins. If they do manage to get up entry hazards, Tentacruel and Starmie are both good Rapid Spinners because they both resist Fire- and Ice-type attacks.</p>

<p>Salamence and Dragonite are problematic if Sceptile doesn't carry Hidden Power Ice or Dragon Pulse, meaning that Scizor, Mamoswine, or a bulky Water-type Pokémon of your own with Ice Beam are all good teammates. Additionally, Sceptile will often need a powerful physical attacker to take care of Blissey and Snorlax, both of whom wall Sceptile's special attacks. Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Infernape and Machamp, can handle both of them with their STAB moves.</p>

<p>Entry hazard support is useful for slowly taking down the opponent's team. Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are all recommended due to the number of switches Sceptile will cause. Heatran is a good choice for Stealth Rock, while Forretress can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes easily. Skarmory can also set up Spikes. A Rotom appliance, most notably Rotom-H, would be a good partner in order to block Rapid Spin from removing your entry hazards.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Sceptile can use a Swords Dance set composed of Leaf Blade, Earthquake, and Rock Slide. Unfortunately, Sceptile's defenses are poor so he is easily revenge killed. Additionally, he has no effective way to hit Skarmory, who can easily Brave Bird or outstall the Life Orb Damage. Also, because he has no way of boosting both his Attack and Speed in one move, virtually any Choice Scarf user faster than base 65 Speed will outspeed him. Additionally, Scizor can bypass Sceptile's impressive Speed by using Bullet Punch. Sceptile can also use a Choice Scarf set consisting of Leaf Storm, Focus Blast, and your choice from Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire or Grass Knot and Hidden Power Ice. However, Sceptile's poor Defense means that he takes a lot of damage from Pursuit. Sceptile can also use a Choice Specs set with the same attacks as the Life Orb set, but it is less efficient because of the constant switching needed and Sceptile's low defenses.</p>

<p>An Endeavor set can also be used with Sceptile using either Substitute or Endure to bring his HP down. This will activate Overgrow, making Leaf Storm extremely powerful. Quick Attack can be used with Endeavor to finish off any opponents. However, due to the prevalence of sandstorm and priority moves in the metagame, Sceptile has difficulty pulling this off. Sceptile's other options aren't very viable.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Sceptile without a Substitute is very fragile because his defenses are so poor. Choice Scarf Heatran can switch into a Grass-type move and KO Sceptile with his STAB Fire-type attacks. Scizor can come in on anything except for Hidden Power Fire and either U-turn out, Bullet Punch for the KO, or use Pursuit if he predicts a switch. Tyranitar fears Sceptile's Grass-type moves along with Focus Blast, but sandstorm wears Sceptile down faster and also hinders its SubSeeding strategy.</p>

<p>For the SubSeed set, either Dragon- or Steel-type Pokémon wall it, depending on the Hidden Power type. Salamence and Dragonite can both set up in front of Sceptile and heal away any Leech Seed damage. Forretress and Skarmory can set up entry hazards while Scizor and Jirachi can proceed to use U-turn to leave Sceptile without a Substitute.</p>

<p>Blissey is a major problem for any set that doesn't have Leech Seed or Toxic Spikes support. She can come into any of Sceptile's special attacks and cripple him with Toxic or Thunder Wave. Snorlax also causes problems and can Rest off any damage he might have taken. For Sceptile without Focus Blast or Earthquake, Heatran is a good counter because Sceptile has nothing that he can hit Heatran for heavy damage with.</p>

Posting skeleton now, will do analysis later.

[SET]
name: Subseed
evs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Fastest Subseeder besides Skymin (who's uber)
  • Grass Knot for PP, Energy Ball mention for lighter enemies
  • HP Fire for Forry, Skarm, and Scizor, HP Ice to hit Mence, Dnite, and Latias (2HKO most of them, 3HKO Skarm + 3HKO Latias)
  • Physical only mentioned to get a 2HKO on Celebi with X-Scissor, otherwise outclasses (Latias gets 3HKOed by HP Ice + Leech Seed, if it has CM it can set up and yes Leaf Blade is weak vs Blissey)
  • Enough Speed to outspeed Scarftar, HP for max bulk, remaining in SpA
  • Latias is problem if has Recover, use Scizor or Ttar
  • Forry/Skarm/Scizor are problems if no HP fire (set up entry hazards/slow U-turn prevents Leech seet) --> Latias to lure in + HP Fire them or use Magnezone/Heatran to trap/scare away
  • Toxic Spikes to help stall out (can beat Blissey + Snorlax)

[SET]
move 2: Focus Blast
evs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Base 120 Speed + good type coverage make this viable
  • Leaf Storm for power, Focus Blast for Heatran + weakened Blissey and Snoarlax, Dragon Pulse for Dragons + neutral hit, HP Fire for Scizor
  • Enough Speed to outspeed Scarftar, SpA for max power, remaning in HP
  • SpD Skarm can stall with Roost or hit it with Brave Bird, has difficulties with Blissey and Snorlax
  • If Scizor comes in, HP Fire, if it Bullet Punches, use Magnezone to trap + KO --> Salamence is free to use
  • Heatran can trap + Explode on Blissey, can also let Sceptile come in

Phil used this set so he can elaborate on it

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Leaf Blade
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Rock Slide
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Come in on bulky water, SD as they switch out
  • Leaf Blade for STAB, Earthquake for Metagross, Heatran, Jirachi, etc, Rock Slide for Mence/Fliers
  • X-Scissor mention to hit Latias for SE + Breloom for neutral (otherwise walls this set)
  • Life Orb for power + recoil into Overgrow, Leftovers for more bulk
  • Scarfers (except Ttar), Scizor, and Skarm all have problems
  • Magnezone traps those mons + Ttar/Scizor for Scarf Latias/Gengar
  • Heatran lures in bulky waters, also Infernape
BS stealing my analysis <_<...

Anyways, for the Life Orb set, you put Leftovers as its item... ?_?

Remember when using HP Fire that you have to mention to increase the Speed EV investment to compensate (subseed set specifically)

I don't like max HP on subseed set, as it lessens the amount of healing you get from Leech Seed. If anything, maybe max HP in AC for that set. I don't see your sub really taking any hits anyways, and you would be either better off investing in special attack to do more damage, or one of the defenses. I don't have a specific spread in mind yet, mind you, so maybe try to come up with something else yourself, or if one of the other QC guys has something, that'd be cool.

Life Orb is fine, obviously, since I've been the one promoting that set -__- (seriously.. I told you I was going to write that). Slash Protect over Focus Blast for a "MysticGar" esque Sceptile. I know SDS would like to see GK slashed over Focus Blast as well for an accurate Grass-type move, but I think GK would serve better slashed with Leaf Storm. That's just preferences though.

I can't say I'm convinced that the Swords Dance set is very good considering all the priority in the game right now. It also has no method of "checkmating" Scizor like the Life Orb Special set does, since it can't KO with anything. Also, Sceptile is so fragile I can't see it even risking coming into a bulky water. Convince me.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Leaf Storm is necessary for hitting Vaporeon, while Focus Blast is "necessary" for hitting pretty much nothing. Slash Grass Knot with Focus Blast. The slot would optimally read Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Protect.

Like Phil, I'm doubting the SD set's usefulness. It just seems like a bad SD Weavile... which does not bode well.

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yea my mistake on Leftovers on the Life Orb set. I'm letting you write it, I just wanted to have a placeholder for it.

Uhhhhhhhhh well so far the only thing I got from testing out SpA was KOing Scizor, which requires 180 SpA or so. Idk what attacks are weak enough not to break Sceptile's Sub, so I'll go see.

Probably going to go Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Protect like you two said, hitting Heatran is good but a consistent attack is also useful.

I'll go test out SD some more and post the results.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ive tested SD sceptile its dissapointing, it sounds good on paper but in actual testing it was pretty bad, the other two sets are perfectly viable though

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, that's fine. I just shifted some EVs around on the Subseed set to get some KOs. I'll leave a filler space in the analysis for Phil's set. Putting SD in OC as the first mention.

In that case,

Go ahead and do the LO Special analysis if you'd like. I don't know when I'll have free time for that anyways. I'll let you know if I do find some free time to write it though, so leave it as the last thing you write, if you don't mind.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Finally glad sceptile is going to have its potential seen :).
You should mention LO is a good partner for Latias, because it beats Scarf tar easily, and it also can lure our blissey early. You could also put expert belt as an option for an item on the LO as your going to be hitting just about everything for super effective anyways.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looked over this stuff, and I think the others have covered it nicely.

nice!

<p>Sceptile's position as fastest SubSeeder (i think that it's SubSeeder, but not a big deal anyway) was usurped by Shaymin-S. However, with Shaymin-S being banned to Ubers, Sceptile can once again do what it does best: slowly wear down the opponent with Leech Seed. This set works similarly to its UU counterpart.</p>

<p>Substitute not only scouts for attacks, but can also protect Sceptile from taking heavy damage. This is because Sceptile's defenses are mediocre at best (changed this, because before it sounded strange to me). Leech Seed serves as a twofold move: to restore Sceptile's HP to allow it to create more Substitutes and to slowly drain the opponent's HP. Grass Knot is used as a STAB source to scare away bulky Water-type Pokémon like Swampert and Suicune. Energy Ball can also be used, as it hits lighter enemies like Jolteon and Rotom-A for more damage. Leaf Storm also deserves a mention as Sceptile should be spending most of its time setting up Substitutes, and two Leaf Storms will outdamage two Grass Knots or Energy Balls unless Grass Knot is hitting for 120 Base Power. Unfortunately, Leaf Storm does leave Sceptile's Hidden Power severely weakened. The last moveslot is mainly to hit problematic Pokémon along with Grass-type Pokémon that are immune to Leech Seed. Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ice targets Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias.</p>

<p>Additionally, Sceptile can go with a physically based moveset. Simply replace Grass Knot with Leaf Blade and use X-Scissor instead of a Hidden Power. If you choose a physically based moveset, use an EV spread of 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe along with a Jolly nature. This will maximize the probability of 2HKOing Latias and Celebi, hit a Leftovers number, and outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar. However, X-Scissor only scores a neutral hit on Breloom, making it more difficult to take it down.</p>

<p>Sceptile appreciates Pokémon that it can easily switch in on, namely bulky Water-type Pokémon. As previously mentioned, Heatran is a good partner because it can lure out Water-type Pokémon and hit them with a Toxic. Depending on which Hidden Power you use, you will have problems with either Dragon-type Pokémon or Steel-type Pokémon. With Hidden Power Fire, then Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias with either Roost or Recover are problematic because they can heal away the Leech Seed damage. Mamoswine works as a failsafe to these Pokémon but doesn't bring any useful resistances to the table. Scizor can hit a weakened Dragon with Bullet Punch while Choice Scarf Tyranitar can easily KO Latias with Crunch or catch a fleeing one with Pursuit. A bulky Water-type such as Swampert or Suicune can also work provided it doesn't sustain too much damage beforehand. With Hidden Power Ice, (removed 'then') Steel-types become problematic. Forretress and Skarmory can come in and set up entry hazards while Scizor has no fear U-turning out. Magnezone can be used to trap and KO these Pokémon and also has good synergy with Sceptile. Heatran can come in and threaten them with a STAB Fire move, while Bait Latias can lure them in and KO them with Hidden Power Fire or Thunderbolt. Tentacruel and Starmie would both be good partners to Rapid Spin away any entry hazards, most notably Toxic Spikes as they can reduce Sceptile's effectiveness.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Sceptile doesn't have the greatest defensive stats in the world. With this in mind, it would be a good idea to have a Fire-type Pokémon that can lure in Surfs from Water-type Pokémon for Sceptile to switch in to. Heatran and Infernape are both good teammates as they both lure in Pokémon such as Suicune and Swampert, leaving Sceptile to come in on a Surf or Earthquake. Sceptile also fears Pokémon such as Scizor, who can U-turn out and leave Sceptile without a Substitute. Magnezone can trap and KO Scizor while Heatran can wall all of Scizor's attacks except for Superpower. Magnezone and Heatran can also handle Forretress and Skarmory switch-ins. If they do manage to get up entry hazards, Tentacruel and Starmie are both good Rapid Spinners because they both resist Fire- and Ice-type attacks.</p>

<p>Entry hazard support is also useful for slowly taking down the opponent's team. Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are all recommended due to the number of switches Sceptile will cause. Heatran is a good choice for Stealth Rock, while Forretress can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes easily. Skarmory can also set up its own Spikes. A Rotom appliance-- Rotom-H is probably the best option-- would be a good partner, being able to block Rapid Spin users from spinning away any entry hazards.</p>

<p>An Endeavor set can also be used with Sceptile using either Substitute or Endure to bring its HP down. This will also activate Overgrow, making Leaf Storm extremely powerful. Quick Attack can also be used to finish off any opponents. However, due to the prevalence of sandstorm and priority moves in the metagame, Sceptile has difficulty pulling this off. Sceptile's
other options aren't very viable.</p>

<p>For the SubSeed set, depending on the Hidden Power type, either Dragon- or Steel-type Pokémon wall it. Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias can all set up in front of Sceptile and heal away any Leech Seed damage. Forretress and Skarmory can set up entry hazards while Scizor just proceeds to use its slow U-turn to leave Sceptile without a Substitute.</p>

Didn't really make too many changes, just small ones. Looks good!

[Overview]
<p>Sceptile's brilliant Speed along with its wide movepool allow it to perform well at its job. Sceptile can slowly wear down the opposing enemy using Leech Seed or can go for a more offensive route and attempt to KO the opposing team. However, Sceptile faces problems due to its poor defenses. It takes large amounts of damage even from neutral hits and is especially weak to priority and opposing Choice Scarf Pokémon. However, when used correctly, Sceptile can be a nuisance to your opponent's team.</p>

[SET]
evs: 104 HP / 176 SpA / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Sceptile's position as fastest Subseeder was usurped by Shaymin-S. However, with Shaymin-S being banned to ubers, Sceptile can once again do what it does best: slowly wear down the opponent with Leech Seed. This set works similarly to its UU counterpart.</p>

<p>Substitute not only scouts for attacks, but also protect Sceptile from taking heavy damage. This is because Sceptile's defenses are less than desired. Leech Seed serves as a twofold move: to restore Sceptile's HP to allow it to create more Substitutes and to slowly drain the opponent's HP. Grass Knot is used as a STAB source to scare away bulky Water-type Pokémon like Swampert and Suicune. Energy Ball can also be used, as it hits lighter enemies like Jolteon and Rotom-A for more damage. Leaf Storm also deserves a mention as Sceptile should be spending most of its time setting up Substitutes, and two Leaf Storms will outdamage two Grass Knots or Energy Balls unless Grass Knot is hitting for 120 Base Power. Unfortunately, this does leave Sceptile's Hidden Power severely weakened. The last moveslot is mainly to hit problematic Pokémon along with Grass-type Pokémon that are immune to Leech Seed. Hidden Power Fire his Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ice targets Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EVs listed outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and also attain an OHKO on Choice Band Scizor after Stealth Rock. 4 additional Speed EVs are required due to the IV drop from Hidden Power Fire. The remaining EVs go into HP to increase its overall bulk. If you have Spikes support, then using 252 SpA can maximize the chance of an OHKO on specially defensive Forretress after Stealth Rock and one layer of Spikes damage. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then an EV spread of 128 HP / 156 SpA / 224 Spe should be used to OHKO Gliscor after SR damage with Hidden Power Ice.

<p>Additionally, Sceptile can go with a physically based moveset. Simply replace Grass Knot with Leaf Blade and use X-Scissor instead of a Hidden Power. Additionally, use an EV spread of 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe along with a Jolly nature. This will maximize the probability of 2HKOing Latias and Celebi, hit a Leftovers number, and outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar. However, X-Scissor only scores a neutral hit on Breloom, making it more difficult to take it down.</p>

<p>This set is notorious for causing switches, which means entry hazard support is useful to wear down your opponent's team. Heatran is a good choice to set up Stealth Rock as it resists all of Sceptile's weaknesses while Sceptile resists all of Heatran's except for Fighting. Both Forretress and Skarmory can be used to set up Spikes. Forretress has the additional benefit of setting up Toxic Spikes and being able to use Rapid Spin, while Skarmory has Roost to lengthen its vitality and Whirlwind to scout the opponent's team and rack up more entry hazard damage. With Toxic Spikes support, Blissey is also capable of being defeated. As with all entry hazard users, a good partner would be a Ghost-type Pokémon to block Rapid Spin. Rotom-A is a good choice as it can use its super effective moves to scare away Rapid Spinners. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then Rotom-H would be a good choice to smash Scizor and Forretress.</p>

<p>Sceptile appreciates Pokémon that it can easily switch in on, namely bulky Water-type Pokémon. As previously mentioned, Heatran is a good partner because it can lure out Water-type Pokémon and hit them with a Toxic. Depending on which Hidden Power you use, you will have problems with either Dragon-type Pokémon or Steel-type Pokémon. With Hidden Power Fire, then Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias with either Roost or Recover are problematic because they can heal away the Leech Seed damage. Mamoswine works as a failsafe to these Pokémon but doesn't bring any useful resistances to the table. Scizor can hit a weakened Dragon with Bullet Punch while Choice Scarf Tyranitar can easily KO Latias with Crunch or catch a fleeing one with Pursuit. A bulky Water-type such as Swampert or Suicune can also work provided it doesn't sustain too much damage beforehand. With Hidden Power Ice, then Steel-types are problematic. Forretress and Skarmory can come in and set up entry hazards while Scizor has no fear U-turning out. Magnezone can be used to trap and KO these Pokémon and also has good synergy with Sceptile. Heatran can come in and threaten them with a STAB Fire move, while Bait Latias can lure them in and KO them with Hidden Power Fire or Thunderbolt. Tentacruel and Starmie would both be good partners to Rapid Spin away any entry hazards, most notably Toxic Spikes as they can reduce Sceptile's effectiveness.</p>

[SET]
move 2: Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Protect

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Phil's writing this set.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Sceptile doesn't have the greatest defensive stats in the world. With this in mind, it would be a good idea to have a Fire-type Pokémon that can lure in Surfs from Water-type Pokémon for Sceptile to switch in to. Heatran and Infernape are both good ideas as they both lure in Pokémon such as Suicune and Swampert, leaving Sceptile to come in on a Surf or Earthquake. Sceptile also fears Pokémon such as Scizor, who can U-turn out and leave Sceptile without a Substitute. Magnezone can trap and KO Scizor while Heatran can wall all of Scizor's attacks except for Superpower. Magnezone and Heatran can also handle Forretress and Skarmory switch-ins. If they do manage to get up entry hazards, Tentacruel and Starmie are both good Rapid Spinners because they both resist Fire- and Ice-type attacks.</p>

<p>Latias is a problematic Pokémon due to its access to STAB Dragon moves and Recover, so Choice Scarf Tyranitar is a good choice for taking it out with a fast Crunch or Pursuit. Salamence and Dragonite are also problematic if Sceptile doesn't carry Hidden Power Ice or Dragon Pulse, meaning that Scizor, Mamoswine, or a bulky Water-type Pokémon with Ice Beam are all good choices to help combat those Pokémon.</p>

<p>Entry hazard support is also useful for slowly taking down the opponent's team. Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are all good choices due to the number of switches Sceptile will cause. Heatran is a good choice for Stealth Rock, while Forretress can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes easily. Skarmory can also set up its own Spikes. A Rotom appliance would be a good partner due to the massive number of entry hazards, most notably Rotom-H.</p>

<p>Sceptile will often need a powerful physical attacker to take care of Blissey, Snorlax, and Latias, all of whom can wall Sceptile's special attacks. Choice Scarf Tyranitar can use Crunch and Superpower to defeat all three, while physically based Infernape can use its STAB Close Combat for Blissey and Snorlax and U-turn out when it sees Latias. Machamp doesn't mind switching into a Softboiled or Rest from Snorlax and hitting them with a STAB DynamicPunch.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Sceptile can use a Swords Dance set composed of Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Earthquake, and either Rock Slide for Flying-type Pokémon or Dragon Claw for Dragon-type Pokémon. Unfortunately, Sceptile's defenses are poor so it is easily revenge killed. Additionally, it has no effective way to hit Skarmory, who can easily Brave Bird or outstall the Life Orb Damage. Also, because it has no way of boosting both its Attack and Speed in one move, virtually any Choice Scarf user faster than base 65 Speed will outspeed it. Additionally, Scizor can also bypass its impressive Speed by using Bullet Punch. Sceptile can also use a Choice Scarf set composing of Leaf Storm, Focus Blast, and your choice from Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire or Grass Knot and Hidden Power Ice. However, Sceptile's poor Defense mean that it takes a lot of damage from Pursuit. I think its worth mentioning MixTile here, as it can actually do well in OU with SD/Leaf Blade/HP Fire/Low Kick or Brick Break.</p>

<p>An Endeavor set can also be used with Sceptile using either Substitute or Endure to bring its HP down. This will also activate Overgrow, making Leaf Storm extremely powerful. Quick Attack can also be used to finish off any opponents. However, due to the prevalence of sandstorm in the metagame, Sceptile has difficulty pulling this off. Sceptile's other options aren't very viable.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Sceptile without a Substitute is very fragile because its defenses are so poor. Scarf Heatran can switch into a Grass move and KO Sceptile with its STAB Fire attacks. Scizor can come in on anything except for Hidden Power Fire and either U-turn out, Bullet Punch for the KO, or use Pursuit if it predicts a switching Sceptile. Tyranitar fears Sceptile's Grass-type moves along with Focus Blast, but sandstorm wears Sceptile down faster and also hinders its SubSeeding strategy.</p>

<p>For the SubSeed set, depending on the Hidden Power type, either Dragon- or Steel-type Pokémon wall it. Salamence, Dragonite, and Latias can all set up in front of Sceptile and heal away any Leech Seed damage. Forretress and Skarmory can set up entry hazards while Scizor just proceeds to use its slow U-turn to leave Sceptile without a Substitute.</p>

<p>Blissey is a major problem for any set that doesn't have Leech Seed or Toxic Spikes support. It can come into any of Sceptile's special attacks and hit it with a Toxic or Thunder Wave. Snorlax also causes problems and can Rest off any damage it might have taken. For Sceptile without Focus Blast, Heatran is a good counter because Sceptile has nothing that it can hit Heatran with. Bulky Roserade is also a problem Hidden Power Fire/Ice only does 29.6% - 35.2% to Bulky Roserade and Roserade can hit back with Hidden Power Fire 35.8% - 42.3% and 3HKO it.</p>

Looks good otherwise. :toast:

Red is for replacements. (I'm pretty sure SubSeeding has a capital "S" but I'm not sure).
Strikeouts are for omitance.
Blue is for suggestions.

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks CHENN and Alan, made those changes. I didn't mention Mixtile because it's walled by Dragon-type Pokemon along with fliers, and LO +2 EQ does 60-70% to Scizor, but that point is moot because Scizor will probably Bullet Punch you after it's seen Swords Dance. Also, Roserade loses if it switches in while you Sub, as Sceptile can get in 4 hits before Roserade KOes Sceptile (75/50/25/0 vs 80/45/10).

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't like max HP on subseed set, as it lessens the amount of healing you get from Leech Seed. If anything, maybe max HP in AC for that set. I don't see your sub really taking any hits anyways, and you would be either better off investing in special attack to do more damage, or one of the defenses. I don't have a specific spread in mind yet, mind you, so maybe try to come up with something else yourself, or if one of the other QC guys has something, that'd be cool.
Even 104 HP on the SubSeed set is too much, and is probably going to hurt Sceptile thanks to less recovery from Leech Seed. The spread should be 32 HP / 248 SpA / 228 Spe. 32 HP for Leftovers number + 1 (+1 for Sandstorm). Spe is obvious. Rest in SpA because as stated above, its Subs aren't going to take hits anyways. Extra SpA is always useful, and with Sceptile's great speed, it can finish off weakened Pokemon.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
virtually any Choice Scarf user faster than base 65 Speed will outspeed it
I would change this to "any Choice Scarf user with base 65 speed or greater can outspeed it." Choice Scarf Scizor, who appears to be getting an analysis, outruns you with base 65 speed.

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so the full draft is up (Phil let me write the Life Orb set).

Grammar checks and content checks are welcome.

[Overview]

<p>Sceptile's brilliant Speed and wide movepool allow him to perform well at his job. Sceptile can slowly wear down the enemy using Leech Seed or can go for a more offensive route and attempt to KO the opposing team. However, Sceptile faces problems due to his poor defenses. He takes large amounts of damage even from neutral hits and is especially weak to priority and opposing Choice Scarf Pokémon. Despite those shortcomings, when used correctly, Sceptile can be a nuisance to your opponent's team.</p>

[SET]
ivs: 23 HP
evs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Sceptile's position as fastest SubSeeder was usurped by Shaymin-S. However, with Shaymin-S being moved to Ubers, Sceptile can once again do what he does best: slowly wear down the opponent with Leech Seed. This set works similarly to his UU counterpart.</p>

<p>Substitute not only scouts for attacks, but can also protect Sceptile from taking heavy damage because of his mediocre defenses. Leech Seed serves as a twofold move: to restore Sceptile's HP to allow him to create more Substitutes and slowly drain the opponent's HP. Grass Knot is used as a STAB source to scare away bulky Water-type Pokémon like Swampert and Suicune. Energy Ball can also be used, as it hits lighter enemies like Jolteon and Rotom-A for more damage. Leaf Storm also deserves a mention as Sceptile should be spending most of its time setting up Substitutes, and two Leaf Storms will out-damage two Grass Knots or Energy Balls unless Grass Knot is hitting for 120 Base Power. Unfortunately, Leaf Storm does leave Sceptile's Hidden Power severely weakened. The last moveslot is mainly used hit Sceptile's problematic Pokémon, along with Grass-type Pokémon that are immune to Leech Seed. Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor, Forretress, and Skarmory, while Hidden Power Ice targets Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>A 23 HP IV allows Sceptile to attain the lowest Leftovers number + 1 possible in order to maximize the percentage gained from Leech Seed. The EVs listed allow Sceptile to outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and also attain an OHKO on Choice Band Scizor after Stealth Rock. 4 additional Speed EVs are required due to the IV drop from Hidden Power Fire, though. The remaining EVs go into Special Defense to take Surfs and Thunderbolts better. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then an EV spread of 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe should be used to OHKO Gliscor after Stealth Rock damage with Hidden Power Ice.</p>

<p>This set is notorious for causing switches, which means entry hazard support is useful to further wear down your opponent's team. Heatran is a good choice to set up Stealth Rock as he resists all of Sceptile's weaknesses while Sceptile resists all of Heatran's except for Fighting. Both Forretress and Skarmory can be used to set up Spikes. Forretress has the additional benefit of setting up Toxic Spikes and removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin, while Skarmory has Roost to lengthen its vitality and Whirlwind to scout the opponent's team and rack up more entry hazard damage. With Toxic Spikes support, Blissey is also capable of being defeated. As with all entry hazard users, a good partner would be a Ghost-type Pokémon to block Rapid Spin. Rotom-A is a good choice as it can use its super effective moves to scare away Rapid Spinners. If you choose to use Hidden Power Ice, then Rotom-H would be a good choice to smash Scizor and Forretress.</p>

<p>Sceptile appreciates Pokémon that he can easily switch in on, namely bulky Water-type Pokémon. As previously mentioned, Heatran is a good partner because he can lure out Water-type Pokémon and hit them with Toxic. Depending on which Hidden Power you use, you will have problems with either Dragon-type Pokémon or Steel-type Pokémon. With Hidden Power Fire, Salamence and Dragonite with Roost are problematic because they can heal away the Leech Seed damage. Mamoswine works as a failsafe to these Pokémon but doesn't bring any useful resistances to the table. Scizor can hit a weakened Dragon with Bullet Punch. A bulky Water-type such as Swampert or Suicune can also work provided it doesn't sustain too much damage beforehand. With Hidden Power Ice, Steel-types become problematic. Forretress and Skarmory can come in and set up entry hazards while Scizor has no fear U-turning out. Magnezone can be used to trap and KO these Pokémon and also has good synergy with Sceptile. Heatran can come in and threaten them with a STAB Fire move, while Substitute Gengar can lure them in and KO them with Hidden Power Fire or Thunderbolt. Tentacruel and Starmie would both be good partners to Rapid Spin away any entry hazards, most notably Toxic Spikes as they can reduce Sceptile's effectiveness.</p>

[SET]
move 2: Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Protect

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set abuses Sceptile's blazing Speed along with high-powered moves in order to decimate the opponent's team. With the wide type coverage Sceptile has, many teams without Blissey or Snorlax will have problems defeating it.</p>

<p>Leaf Storm is Sceptile's main attack on this set, hitting for 210 Base Power including STAB. Combined with Life Orb and a potential Overgrow boost and anything that doesn't resist it is going to get slaughtered. Focus Blast helps hit Heatran and Tyranitar without reducing Sceptile's Special Attack levels. However, Grass Knot can be used to hit opponents without lowering Sceptile's Special Attack from Leaf Storm, while Protect is an option to scout against Scizor and either KO him with Hidden Power Fire or switch out. Dragon Pulse hits Dragon-types and any weakened Pokémon and Hidden Power Fire hits Steel- types sans Heatran, who ishit by Focus Blast anyway.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EVs of this set allow Sceptile to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Tyranitar and hit as hard as possible. The remaining EVs are put into HP to soften some attacks.</p>

<p>With the wide type coverage, only dedicated tanks can take a hit and retaliate. Both Blissey and Snorlax can take a Focus Blast and cripple Sceptile, while Cresselia can sponge a Leaf Storm and hit Sceptile back with an Ice Beam. Choice Band Scizor can threaten all three with either U-turn, Superpower, or Pursuit. Tyranitar can also scare away all three provided that he has the moves to hit them with. Heatran and Infernape are also good choices to get rid of Blissey and Snorlax because not only do they threaten to KO them, but Sceptile can switch into Water- and Ground-type moves aimed at them.</p>

<p>Once something is sacrificed to Sceptile, most notably after a Leaf Storm, Scizor can easily come in and threaten him with a Bullet Punch or Pursuit. Magnezone is a good partner because it easily removes Scizor which prevents the user from having to predict Scizor's move. With Scizor gone due to Magnezone and bulky Water-types gone due to Sceptile, Salamence is a huge threat to the opposing team, as many teams rely on bulk or Scizor to stop Salamence.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Sceptile doesn't have the greatest defensive stats in the world. With this in mind, it would be a good idea to have a Fire-type Pokémon that can lure in Surfs from Water-type Pokémon for Sceptile to switch in to. Heatran and Infernape are both good teammates as they both lure in Pokémon such as Suicune, Vaporeon, and Swampert, leaving Sceptile to come in on a Surf or Earthquake. Sceptile also fears Pokémon such as Scizor, who can U-turn out and leave Sceptile without a Substitute. Magnezone can trap and KO Scizor while Heatran can wall all of Scizor's attacks except for Superpower. Magnezone and Heatran can also handle Forretress and Skarmory switch-ins. If they do manage to get up entry hazards, Tentacruel and Starmie are both good Rapid Spinners because they both resist Fire- and Ice-type attacks.</p>

<p>Salamence and Dragonite are problematic if Sceptile doesn't carry Hidden Power Ice or Dragon Pulse, meaning that Scizor, Mamoswine, or a bulky Water-type Pokémon with Ice Beam are all good choices to help combat those Pokémon. Additionally, Sceptile will often need a powerful physical attacker to take care of Blissey and Snorlax, both of whom can wall Sceptile's special attacks. Any Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Infernape and Machamp, can handle both of them with their STAB moves.</p>

<p>Entry hazard support is also useful for slowly taking down the opponent's team. Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes are all recommended due to the number of switches Sceptile will cause. Heatran is a good choice for Stealth Rock, while Forretress can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes easily. Skarmory can also set up its own Spikes. A Rotom Appliance, most notably Rotom-H, would be a good partner in order to block Rapid Spin from removing your entry hazards.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Sceptile can use a Swords Dance set composed of Leaf Blade, Earthquake, and either Rock Slide for Flying-type Pokémon or Dragon Claw for Dragon-type Pokémon [Rock Slide hits Salamence and Dragonite already, while Leaf Blade hits Kingdra]. Unfortunately, Sceptile's defenses are poor so he is easily revenge killed. Additionally, he has no effective way to hit Skarmory, who can easily Brave Bird or outstall the Life Orb Damage. Also, because he has no way of boosting both his Attack and Speed in one move, virtually any Choice Scarf user faster than base 65 Speed will outspeed him. Additionally, Scizor can also bypass Sceptile's impressive Speed by using Bullet Punch. Sceptile can also use a Choice Scarf set consisting of Leaf Storm, Focus Blast, and your choice from Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire or Grass Knot and Hidden Power Ice. However, Sceptile's poor Defense means that he takes a lot of damage from Pursuit.</p>

<p>An Endeavor set can also be used with Sceptile using either Substitute or Endure to bring his HP down. This will also activate Overgrow, making Leaf Storm extremely powerful. Quick Attack can be used with Endeavor to finish off any opponents. However, due to the prevalence of sandstorm and priority moves in the metagame, Sceptile has difficulty pulling this off. Sceptile's other options aren't very viable.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Sceptile without a Substitute is very fragile because his defenses are so poor. Choice Scarf Heatran can switch into a Grass move and KO Sceptile with his STAB Fire attacks. Scizor can come in on anything except for Hidden Power Fire and either U-turn out, Bullet Punch for the KO, or use Pursuit if he predicts a switching Sceptile. Tyranitar fears Sceptile's Grass-type moves along with Focus Blast, but sandstorm wears Sceptile down faster and also hinders its SubSeeding strategy.</p>

<p>For the SubSeed set, depending on the Hidden Power type, either Dragon- or Steel-type Pokémon wall it. Salamence and Dragonite can both set up in front of Sceptile and heal away any Leech Seed damage. Forretress and Skarmory can set up entry hazards while Scizor and Jirachi can proceed to use U-turn to leave Sceptile without a Substitute.</p>

<p>Blissey is a major problem for any set that doesn't have Leech Seed or Toxic Spikes support. She can come into any of Sceptile's special attacks and hit him with a Toxic or Thunder Wave. Snorlax also causes problems and can Rest off any damage he might have taken. For Sceptile without Focus Blast, Heatran is a good counter because Sceptile has nothing that he can hit Heatran with.</p>

Since Latias is gone, Sceptile is once again viable in OU. Latias didn't necessarily counter the Subseeder, per se, but many teams used Latias to check a litany of threats, so bulky waters fell in terms of usage, and they constituted Sceptile's primary setup fodder.

I'm surprised you don't mention a Smeargle lead for Spikes support. The rationale for this is that Sceptile is a Pokemon that works well on fairly offensive teams, but Forretress and Skarmory have a lackluster offensive presence, which may lead to them becoming setup fodder. But other than that things look good. Will probably run a full edit later.

About the Life Orb set, Pokemon like Sceptile need Protect to help versus the most common Pokemon in the game IMO. Not to mention, Scizor comes in incredibly easily on a Leaf Storm and can Bullet Punch or Pursuit you, a likely OHKO after Stealth Rock / Life Orb. Just a slash isn't enough because without Focus Blast Heatran walls you. I can't see this being all too effective in the OU metagame where people pack tons of Scarf Pokemon or Priority users, or Dragon Dances who this can't come in on, or Calm Minders like Jirachi or Celebi who can set up on this, or Blissey. This set gets a no from me.

No thought of Focus Punch on the Life Orb? yeah it takes more prediction, but will nail Blissey and Heatran who will pretty recklessly come in (especially Blissey not giving a fuck about Focus Blast)

I wanted to try LO Sceptile, and my theorymon said Leafstorm / HP Fire / Focus Punch / Protect. Never ended up testing though...

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There should also probably be some mention of Earthquake on the Life Orb set. It deals 100% minimum to 4 HP Heatran if you move the 28 EVs to Atk, and has a 75% chance to OHKO 252 HP Heatran after SR damage. Honestly, no smart player would risk using Focus Blast against Tyranitar knowing that there is a strong chance to OHKO with Leaf Storm anyway (75% chance to OHKO 252 HP TTar after SR), unless, obviously, the SpAtk drop will lose you the game. So Earthquake is better against Heatran and, although it is arguably worse against Tyranitar, you are probably trying to avoid using Focus Blast anyway. Additionally, Focus blast will rarely beat Blissey or Snorlax, given that the former can just heal it off and the latter can beat Sceptile with a single attack.

And hey it helps against CM Jirachi too!

I also do not think that using Leaf Storm and Grass Knot on the same set is a realistic option. Given the powerful alternatives and the relative impotence of Grass as an attacking type (I mean come on, this isn't Draco Meteor!) I think that it should just be mentioned in the write up. I would have the set look like:

move 2: Earthquake / Protect
nature: Hasty / Timid
evs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe

and mention Focus Blast and GK in the description. Having protect as the primary option is likely also viable; I can't claim to have used Protect Sceptile and so you are certainly more qualified to make that decision.

Hi supermarth64,

This question isn't specifically directed at you, but it's going to become an issue. I'm updating the UU analysis for Sceptile right now. The question is: how should the two analyses be combined? Both analyses (specifically, the SubSeed set) reiterate many of the same points (for example, take the first paragraph for SubSeed in my write-up compared to your write-up). This makes the combined analysis as a whole seem very repetitive. So, should the analyses be combined a la Blissey (completely separate sections for the different tiers) or more smoothly, having separate comments in AC for both tiers?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@ Draco Zephyr - yes.
take a look at Salamence, Infernape and Scizor. They all follow that style. I don't see why it would be different for Sceptile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)